Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally ask you what you think would raise stakes, not if you believed in character deaths or ZKK. I don't. That's not the point.

You not "feeling" emotion is a personal opinion. Others are invested in the arc. Others feel the "stakes" set by the story.

I was responding to someone initially about lack of tension. It's there, just not the way you guys want it to be. So again, I ask, what's the thing that is supposed to make you feel this "tension" lol?
I think the overall sales going down is proof enough the series is less engaging so saying it's some personal it's kinda moot.

Character deaths is tension (heck even Hyogoro or one scarbad) dying would be something lmao , no sudden healings at least now without drawbacks like Luffy was down less than 2 minutes and got back (plus the Caribou fiasco).
The feeling this is the end for them is non-existent.
Asspull PU are they are expected but at least balance it with what some things what I said.

This is not everything but just something that well would definitely change how the arc is being felt.

I never said that, I only said they didn't claim it was the most powerful, and if you truly think the oppressive WG's main concern about a fruit tied to liberation is its powerlevel then there was never hope for you.
What do you mean by “powerlevel”? Between Enel, Blackbeard Whitebeard and Law’s df, how would scale “powerlevel”… all four of these DFs have names like unique, ultimate, greatest, invincible

Now Luffy’s DF has joined with most ridiculous and legendary…

So among all these five DFs, what do you mean by “powerlevel” and does the DF with the highest “powerlevel” among these automatically make the other DFs less impressive?

I’m gonna do a larger thread with a lot more example to build my case but previous dialogue involving the Gorosei makes literally no sense now.

“Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, he also has that legendary insane fruit. One that we’re willing to sacrifice our top agents and anger emperors for.”

Like can people not see why this just doesnt jive with the previous story?
Because more than likely, though that needs to be confirmed yet, that the Gorosei didn't have the information back then.

The conversation happening right now seem to point that the information that they're giving to the audience only just now they learnt about it, most likely from Imu (the posters with the giant strawhat is big suspect) or Shanks. When they're talking about WG, they're the talking about the organisation in the past, not themselves most likely. The reason we're seeing the conversation is to give the readers the exposition that we need to explain what's going on.

The way they're talking with their shock "previous chapters when asking why it was renamed" seems to me to say that it was something they only recently knew about and decided to act immediately (CP0 dude)

Why did Imu only tell them now? Well, we'll have to wait and see the explanation for that before we judge.

Because ridiculous shit like this has been happening since the manga first serialized, and was even more so heavily prevalent preskip- which is what most people love. So people acting like this is all of a sudden an issue, has either been lying to themselves or others for years about liking One Piece. Because I'll tell you right now, I have been around a long time, and I have never seen anyone criticize the wackiness of One Piece. But now all of a sudden, it's a problem. And funnily enough, it's a problem because it involves power levels.
Dude imagine water luffy with post timeskip crowd.

As an old reader I feel super validated with toon luffy tbh.

I enjoy Luffy's new powers and the goofiness but i still hate that they went and retconned his devil fruit.
They could've just said that the gomu gomu had once belonged to Joyboy but nah they basically made it the god fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.