Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading it again and thinking about it, this really can't be the end.

I have complained a lot about Oda's post-skip writing, but if it really ends like this, his storywriting truly turned to shit (and I mean that exactly like I say it without exaggerating).

Literally everything is anticlimatic rn:

- Nobody actually saw Kaidou's downfall
- What about the teasered "victory cry?"
- What about his awakening?
- What about all this talk about how people only lose faith when they see their hero lose in front of their eyes?
- What about his Oni background (teasered to be important in his dialogue with Yamato)?
- What are his real motives for staying in Wano that long (this chapter didn't explain at all why he deemed Wano "special")?

If this is the end, wtf did Oda think? He would've left a shitton of plotholes open (and those are only A FEW concerning Kaidou alone, I didn't even talk about all the other plotlines that would've been cut off).

I mean Oda can't have declined THAT much, right?

He knew that Joy Boy would show up eventually on Wano, that was why he chose it as the main HQ for his operations (among other things such as tactical advantages for the BPs)
i think it would be too much if even the place where joy boy would appear was predicted.
kaido wanting to rule wano will have a reason we still do not know. maybe they have a history of slaving the oni race something that makes kaido believe oppressing wano was deserved.

I have complained a lot about Oda's post-skip writing, but if it really ends like this, his storywriting truly turned to shit (and I mean that exactly like I say it without exaggerating).

- What about all this talk about how people only lose faith when they see their hero lose in front of their eyes?
- What about his Oni background (teasered to be important in his dialogue with Yamato)?
- What are his real motives for staying in Wano that long (this chapter didn't explain at all why he deemed Wano "special")?

If this is the end, wtf did Oda think? He would've left a shitton of plotholes open (and those are only A FEW concerning Kaidou alone, I didn't even talk about all the other plotlines that would've been cut off).

It was a 3-4 chapter clash with a flashback of Kaido talking about his defeat...

He has declined that much.

I asked myself with the victory cry. He literally was confirmed by Oda as the victor, yet he didn‘t have one..but Oda made Kaido think, that he didn‘t deserve the win, due CP0 disruption.

Yet there was no victory cry in the flashback so WTF? Definitely fake hype by Oda or another plot he simply ignores..

Status
Not open for further replies.