Rate this chapter

• Total voters

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
No ZKK this and that. Oda really finishes it off like this. Cope however you want.

Ain't no fucking way someone sees this panel:

and thinks to himself "Yeah, Kaido and Big Mom are done". You are simply out of your mind. At least not Big Mom dunno about Kaido, Oda might want to flex the "YOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOK KAIDO DIED LIKE ODEN LOLOLOLO PARALLELS".

But I have a better theory for you

I played Minecraft as a kid so I'm very educated on how things work.

The cracks we see in the panel above will split sooner or later and magma will meet with the water where in the process it will create obsidian.

That's right. You guessed it correctly!

Big Mom and Kaido obsidian statutes soon!

:cheers:

basics of storytelling like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator ?? the narrator is usopp bro you cant trust that mf
lol it's not even just the narration bro it's every single thing about the chapter. Nothing about what is happening here indicates a reversal.

If Kaidou was going to get back up that would be set up in the chapter. For example, if Kaidou was about to awaken Luffy wouldn't be unconscious. He'd need to be awake so as to provide a scale for awakened Kaidou. Hell Luffy isn't even awake. Also, if Oda was setting up Kaidou getting back up, he wouldn't have the Beast Pirate army doubting Kaidou was dead. He'd have them believe Kaidou was defeated so that they could be surprised later.

I mean FFS if Kaidou was going to get back up out of the lava, Oda would save the volcanic eruption to coincide with Kaidou getting back up. Everyone would be celebrating a short lived victory and then boom, Kaidou erupts from the ground with a volcanic eruption. Instead he used the eruption to coincide with the announcement of Luffy's victory.

There are just so many basic narrative cues showing that Kaidou is fully beaten. And I'm just talking about this chapter alone.