Rate this chapter

• Total voters
I've never felt so dissapointed with One Piece before.

Writting problems, asspulls, conveniences and other stuff have been an issue since forever sure, but Oda always delivered the emotionally impactful endings to his arcs.

But this just falls so flat, it's anticlimactic, how can the strongest enemies we've faced so far just get so casually tossed aside? How are there so little consequences in a war against 2 emperors?

How can you hype the Yonko so much and then have THIS be the way they go out? Either they have an incredibly lame death or get to appear later, no longer as threats.

What the fuck happened.

Or which is more realistically they are waiting for the dawn and Luffy gaining his consciousness...
I disagree with you based on Momo's statement.

If he is just waiting for Luffy to regain consciousness or for dawn, the next day. Then he would have just said yeah, I'm going to open up Wano borders. But that's not what he did. He said he's going to open up the borders just not right now. That tells me he plans on open up the country borders sometime in the unknown future.

If you are at a party at night and you tell your friends you are going to start a business it would be reasonable and realistic for them to believe you will start working towards your goal the very next day. Not, stop what you're currently doing a6n immediately start working towards that goal.

If are at a party and you tell your friends you are going to start a business but not right now. It's realistic for them to believe you won't start working towards that goal for a while. It could be weeks to months before you start working towards it.

The worst part was that this fight had the potential to be the best fight in One Piece. If Kaido doesn’t get back up, this fight is the third best OP fight for me.
Post automatically merged:

I've never felt so dissapointed with One Piece before.
Writting problems, asspulls, conveniences and other stuff ave been an issue since forever sure, but Oda always delivered the emotionally impactful endings to his arcs.
But this just falls so flat, it's anticlimactic.

How can you hype the Yonko so much and then have THIS the way they go out? Either they have an incredibly lame death or get to appear later, no longer as threats.

What the fuck happened.
Big Mom’s defeat was atrocious. That was such bad writing. At first I hated the Kaido fight, then I loved it with G5, now I am disappointed. Kaido needs to get back up and use Awakening.

I disagree with you based on Momo's statement.

If he is just waiting for Luffy to regain consciousness or for dawn, the next day. Then he would have just said yeah, I'm going to open up Wano borders. But that's not what he did. He said he's going to open up the borders just not right now. That tells me he plans on open up the country borders sometime in the unknown future.

If you are at a party at night and you tell your friends you are going to start a business it would be reasonable and realistic for them to believe you will start working towards your goal the very next day. Not, stop what you're currently doing a6n immediately start working towards that goal.

If are at a party and you tell your friends you are going to start a business but not right now. It's realistic for them to believe you won't start working towards that goal for a while. It could be weeks to months before you start working towards it.
Yea Wano opening the borders is clearly an end of story development, either for the final war or after the WG is toppled. It was never going to happen this arc.

G

Gorosei Informer

I feel like Oda should have made it more clear that this was the end and not leave people guessing.

In Dressrosa it was made pretty clear that the KKG/God Thread clash was the end of it. There was a buildup, countdown, all-or-nothing rhetoric.

With this, even with Katakuri, it wasn't made clear that it was the end.
Imo Oda should be bold and destroy Kaidou's head or even entire body with that Monkey God punch. An all-out storytelling decision, leaving no chance of second-guessing.

Zoro's big moment will take the shape of the Allies appreciating and realizing zoro's sacrifice on the roof top.

since realizing a samurai's sacrifice is the greatest honor they can get like we learn here from Hitetsu.

I feel like Oda should have made it more clear that this was the end and not leave people guessing.

In Dressrosa it was made pretty clear that the KKG/God Thread clash was the end of it. There was a buildup, countdown, all-or-nothing rhetoric.

With this, even with Katakuri, it wasn't made clear that it was the end.
Is volcanic eruption which will sneeze them both out of Wano not enough of a closing argument?

I will kick the ass of whoever the fuk putting a band-aid over Luffy's nose. He's hit by Genkidama CoC and Flame Susanoo and all you can think of is a nose papercut? :lusalty: