If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubblerust

So if we're thinking Ol' Cobra kicked the bucket
What are we thinking ended up killing him?

Was it a missed attack from Sabo/an Admiral?
Was it an opportunity taken by WG assassins/CP0?
did he keel over from stress?

What are we thinking fellas?

:choppawhat:
I think the target was Vivi, and he protected her with his life. It makes sense to me that way because Vivi was the one whose picture Im was carrying.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
detailed in the ace novels as well
he had haki
was portrayed on par with yamato before his death
no doubt being an active pirate for 2 yrs , he would be stronger than she is now. unlike sabo thats just starting to get a grip of the fruit
he would have had his for years.

ace would rival the emperors if he stayed alive.
Yeah, I agree that Ace & Yamato are tied together by portrayal, much like Marco & King. But one clarification though, I don't think the Yamato that Ace clashed with was all that, given Ace went on to stalemate Jinbe after that clash.

But yes, Ace would 100% rival the Emperors if he had stayed alive. He was bound to master Haki, attain CoC coating and realize his potential at some point.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Yeah, I agree that Ace & Yamato are tied together by portrayal, much like Marco & King. But one clarification though, I don't think the Yamato that Ace clashed with was all that, given Ace went on to stalemate Jinbe after that clash.

But yes, Ace would 100% rival the Emperors if he had stayed alive. He was bound to master Haki, attain CoC coating and realize his potential at some point.
That does make me think about a What If? situation
If Ace had not turned around at Marineford, listened to Whitebeard's last order and leave
What would Ace do without Whitebeard in his life?
Would he remake his own pirate crew?
Stick with the Whitebeard pirates and fight in the payback war?
Go with Luffy?

Wat we thinking?

detailed in the ace novels as well
he had haki
was portrayed on par with yamato before his death
no doubt being an active pirate for 2 yrs , he would be stronger than she is now. unlike sabo thats just starting to get a grip of the fruit
he would have had his for years.

ace would rival the emperors if he stayed alive.
iirc there is a statement in one of the databooks that says ace had rogers potential

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That does make me think about a What If? situation
If Ace had not turned around at Marineford, listened to Whitebeard's last order and leave
What would Ace do without Whitebeard in his life?
Would he remake his own pirate crew?
Stick with the Whitebeard pirates and fight in the payback war?
Go with Luffy?

Wat we thinking?
He'd definitely take over from Marco eventually and lead the Whitebeard Pirates.
Plot wise, Idk where Oda would've gone with him, but if I have to guess I think he'd want to keep WB's legacy intact & get revenge for all that happened against Teach. Much like Marco did during the Payback war. And then maybe to keep his promise to Tama and free Wano from the Beast Pirates.

I think Marco was the strongest Whitebeard Pirate when Ace died, but Ace undoubtedly had a much higher ceiling. If Ace was alive, I can very well see Oda writing him to become a Haki master, Awakening the Mera and being skysplitter - much like what happened to Luffy.

yeah she wasnt
she didnt die so she kept growing.
iirc there is a statement in one of the databooks that says ace had rogers potential
might have heard that a while back but am not too sure
the story seems to suggest that tho
similarities pointed out by garp
and then wb def seeing him as the one to take his place after.

Status
Not open for further replies.