If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
If they are vet level then that's likely because by the time of Final War, Vets will be like Headliners in Wano. Very irrelevant outside of being a threat to fodders and in numbers

If they are Mid Trio opponents they will at least get some dignity
If they are something different from these Knights, then maybe they'd get some dignity.

Regarding the Mid Trio though, after the F6 fiasco where everyone and their mothers thought they'd fight the SN trio or Zoro and Sanji only to get massively disappointed... I ain't taking chances after that XD.

I think the Zodiac Vice Admirals are the fights for the non M3 SHs.
Admiral Candidates Momousagi & Chaton are set up to be Robin & Franky opponents while BlackHorse seems like a Jinbei opponent given he has an official Title as the Head of a Division.

People shouldn't expect One Piece to be something that it's not, and then become furious when their headcanon doesn't come true. I, too, made this mistake a while back but then I took a step back and remembered what it was that originally made me like One Piece.
It WAS the fun, wacky energetic and adventurous vibe. If I want some highly dramatic or super dark, nihilistic content I can go and watch other stuff.
One Piece is that show that brings a bit of child like happiness and silly fights into your life.
Precisely, people set the bar high.. the problem is that THAT is redundant the story couldn't give 2 shits and nickels to how it treats certain things in your POV whether W or L..

Did you read the interview? you completely missed the point

Oda is gonna keep doing it, because he likes it, and yes it's just Luffy

but he outright says he doesn't enjoy writting serious fights, that means more offscreen or fast 1-chapter fights for the "serious fights" that we're waiting for, because he doesn't like drawing those anymore
Didn’t read the full interview yet, that’s a shame then if he doesn’t enjoy drawing serious fights
Let’s keep expectations low then lol, the fights were never the best aspect of One Piece anyways
But then again, he should know that good fights are part of what readers are looking for. This is still a business and his job after all and he’s been doing it for decades

he talks like he has been "freed" from the shackles of having to make serious fights, and that he doesn't have fun making those anymore
I thought so too when I made this edit.
It's really Oda himself saying this line.

Oda has stated again and again that he enjoys drawing goofy character designs and silly humor.

It's how he wants to write his story and now that One Piece is an established franchise he can afford dropping sales, he no longer has to please audiences with a kind of writing that he feels is too serious for his taste.

I'm not 100% happy with the choices he made but I have serious respect for his choice to stay more true to himself and return to his roots.

So this is inevitable :chopoff:
There's noting goofy about this.
This is horror clown material.

Those scary fan interpretations of gear5 completely miss the point of what Oda is actually doing here.
As a Zoro fan, i kinda feel bad lmao

Because Oda is saying this is the type of fight he likes now, the goofy stuff, and that he doesn't have fun making serious fights anymore

so maybe Oda really didn't enjoy making Zoro vs King, considering how edgy and serious it was, compared to the other fights

There was only the King pulling his head gag, that one was golden

I wonder if that's why he has been avoiding Zoro more these past few years, he got tired of the serious fighting style Zoro has

and look how he tried to get around that but having Zoro fight Pika for example, that was a complete goof
:pepehands:
Yes. You are probably right.
But remember the time when Zoro was more goofy and could laugh? Maybe we'll get that Zoro back.

Status
Not open for further replies.