Rate this chapter

• Total voters
It's true why is Yamato even introduce in the story, just for fan service??
Without her we could have more panels of the SN, Strawhats etc.
And more well organized arc with no dragging.

Not even Yamato hater or anything, but the point of her been introduce in the story just look like a force and doesn't make sense
And she doesn't even join lmaooooo.
Yammato got introduced with 3 purposes :

1- Helping Luffy and alliance during the raid
2- fan service ( she really has a cool character design )
3- Oden wank

Now that she accomplished her purposes there's no need for her to be a part of the story , until Oda decide to bring her back for more fan service

this is one of the worst chapters I've ever read in my life. The only one I recall being such a bore was that one in Dressrossa where 15 pages were spent with people pushing the cage. But let's dive into the present:

- Half the chapter was made of useless flashbacks of things still fresh in our memory
- Momo crying
- Yamato not joining out of nowhere after spending god knows how many chapters saying she would
- The whole thing just seemed rushed and superficial as fuck
imagine the anime version of this. flashbacks within fashbacks awaits

I didn’t even read the spoilers for this chapter, and I am still disappointed. I am glad Wano is over, but I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential.

My problem with Wano is that it feels like it should have been its own separate manga. Momo’s journey is an amazing story, but it detracted from the Strawhats. I am speaking hypothetically, but have Yamato be the one who helps Momo and defeats Kaido. It would be an interesting story as Yamato fights her dad and helps rebuild the country. Plus without the Strawhats, Kidd and his crew, Law and his crew the story would have had better focus.

Anyways back on topic, Yamato is not joining at this time and neither is Carrot. I couldn’t care less about either of these characters. I don’t understand why anyone wants them to join because Oda clearly can’t balance the characters he has. Luffy is going to get the majority of the focus and panel time. Anyone else who joins is just going to become a background character with maybe one or two moments.

Also Oda stop with this Luffy, Kidd, and Law rivalry. Luffy has clearly surpassed them. It’s a complete joke that either one of them thinks that they have a chance against Luffy. I swear even if Oda tried to make their rivalry relevant, he would just find a way to make Luffy ten steps ahead. Kidd and Law should just go away so we can focus on Shanks and Blackbeard.

I did like how dark the ending of Act 3 is. It’s also clearly a way for Oda to continue wanking Oden, but I like how the teacher is using propaganda to sway the masses. The Kurozumi were born to burn is dark. It doesn’t sound like that statement pertained to just Orochi and his actions. It was a blanket statement regarding a whole clan. It’s interesting how Oda has focused on how people’s existence aren’t a sin, yet here’s a character saying the complete opposite. The Strawhats may liberate countries but they don’t rebuild them. The ending of Wano is unique because I don’t know what direction the country will head in. Just because the threat that was Kaido is destroyed doesn’t mean the reconstruction is going to be smooth.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
My problem with Wano is that it feels like it should have been its own separate manga. Momo’s journey is an amazing story, but it detracted from the Strawhats. I am speaking hypothetically, but have Yamato be the one who helps Momo and defeats Kaido. It would be an interesting story as Yamato fights her dad and helps rebuild the country. Plus without the Strawhats, Kidd and his crew, Law and his crew the story would have had better focus.
That sounds amazing.

Thank god Wano is over.I will re-read the entire thing when i can.This final chapter wasn't so bad after all.I'm actually excited now for the next arc.I hope we get something from Yamato on the cover pages.

It’s finally over. Now we can move on to better things (hopefully).

Yamato didn’t join as I always expected, but what I didn’t expect was the silly Kozuki propaganda to continue and mar one of the best and consistent themes in the story.
Oh well, it’s just one more awful thing to be endured from Wano.

B

Ballel

I didn’t even read the spoilers for this chapter, and I am still disappointed. I am glad Wano is over, but I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential.

This.
I said it before, Wano arc seem like a samurai period drama film that Oda tried to copy paste into his pirate shonen manga. One can tell that he adores this kind of story and tried to give his ancient Japanese characters lots of focus and panel time.
Sadly, he ultimately failed to make them interesting or compelling within the context of his shonen pirate manga.

He'd have done better to finish One Piece on a good note and make a few short series/one shots afterwards.

It’s interesting how Oda has focused on how people’s existence aren’t a sin, yet here’s a character saying the complete opposite. The Strawhats may liberate countries but they don’t rebuild them. The ending of Wano is unique because I don’t know what direction the country will head in. Just because the threat that was Kaido is destroyed doesn’t mean the reconstruction is going to be smooth
This ambiguous ending makes it look more realistic actually.
Rarely does overthrowing the oppressor end the country's struggles. I'll just mention Arab Spring as a good example in the real world.