Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt so bad for him, it even felt like he was the 1% man until it was Hawkins apparently in the end? I cant remember if he beat Scotch but Im glad he beat Caribou and captured him, an actual W for him lol.

I still hold out for a Red Drake Redemption from Oda later on somehow. Same for Kidd, I feel Oda wasted him a lot at Wano and aside from some impressive/cool feats, he was heavily underutilised and wasted given the massive setup with Kaido and him from early on.

I also really felt Drake was so sincere and desperate here and wished Luffy had been more trusting/accepting of him, I really wanted to see something like a revenge teamup of Drake vs Queen with Franky assisting or Chopper. Or Drake fights WhosWho instead and Jinbei gets Jack? WhosWho was just a random exposition machine in the end too sadly, sigh.

I was 100% under the impression that he was the 1% man from how he was handled in Wano. Now, his being found out as a spy was inevitable, but he didn’t taken down Apoo and / or aid Luffy like he wanted at any point in time through being able to hold his own by stopping the CP0 in his few attempts or anything else aside from what he did on the Show Floor or what hHe had wins in theory, but fumbled them - not necessarily needing to success it seems like as Jailer pointed out! It does seem that way now that I think about it some more.

When he initially came to the island you mean? I could see it as having been a favorable outcome for Drake then as a “Beast Pirate Hopeful”. But yes, he should be able to do that much against a lower level Logia especially having Buso haki! And same tbh. I’m also in the redemption camp—for Drake at least—while Kid seemed more impressive to me than Drake in Wano (likely due to those feats haha)!

Drake is definitely a good person—a good guy—with good intentions and level headedness. He placed his trust in Luffy because of Koby and because that was highlighted, I feel like that was something important for Drake considering what we know of his backstory and can speculate personality wise.

As far as Luffy is concerned, I think he’d only need to know that Koby (and Helmeppo) are Drake’s “friends” and that would solve that HAHA. He can be very simple in that respect.

but man you ain’t lying!! Having Drake fight Queen or WWs would been really interesting—even if it it would have resulted in a loss. I just wanted to see what would he had in store X Calibur aside.

BB didnt job though and katakuri's mommy wasnt around tbf .

imagine if kaido pulled up with king , queen , jack , the f6
and some robot shark had them on the ropes . :risitavirus:

jokes aside it should feel like a big deal now when the strawhats are spotted anywhere but it isnt.
King then Marco folded the Meme pirates at the waterfall. Mecha shark > King in a water terrain
YC1 Luffy, Jinbe and weak trio destroyed Tottoland
Bro the agenda is too strong, why would Vegapunk not require admiral protection against pesting yonko crews since he's next to Wano/ WCI when mecha shark can fold them in an instant. And shark seems to be a Vega Force lackey at that.
:pepebuggy:

Tbh Oda just doesn't want to let go of the whole Underdog shit for the Strawhats
at some point he's going to have to drop it
it shows growth
pre timeskip most people saw them as up and coming rookies and that was fine
at this point in the story that doesn't fly .

I think oda did a good job of that in sabaody right after the timeskip and luffy was just wanted at 400 mil back then but ever since wano ended
its just been lacklustre .

King then Marco folded the Meme pirates at the waterfall. Mecha shark > King in a water terrain
YC1 Luffy, Jinbe and weak trio destroyed Tottoland
Bro the agenda is too strong, why would Vegapunk not require admiral protection against pesting yonko crews since he's next to Wano/ WCI when mecha shark can fold them in an instant. And shark seems to be a Vega Force lackey at that.
:pepebuggy:
:milaugh:

I was 100% under the impression that he was the 1% man from how he was handled in Wano. Now, his being found out as a spy was inevitable, but he didn’t taken down Apoo and / or aid Luffy like he wanted at any point in time through being able to hold his own by stopping the CP0 in his few attempts or anything else aside from what he did on the Show Floor or what hHe had wins in theory, but fumbled them - not necessarily needing to success it seems like as Jailer pointed out! It does seem that way now that I think about it some more.

When he initially came to the island you mean? I could see it as having been a favorable outcome for Drake then as a “Beast Pirate Hopeful”. But yes, he should be able to do that much against a lower level Logia especially having Buso haki! And same tbh. I’m also in the redemption camp—for Drake at least—while Kid seemed more impressive to me than Drake in Wano (likely due to those feats haha)!

Drake is definitely a good person—a good guy—with good intentions and level headedness. He placed his trust in Luffy because of Koby and because that was highlighted, I feel like that was something important for Drake considering what we know of his backstory and can speculate personality wise.

As far as Luffy is concerned, I think he’d only need to know that Koby (and Helmeppo) are Drake’s “friends” and that would solve that HAHA. He can be very simple in that respect.

but man you ain’t lying!! Having Drake fight Queen or WWs would been really interesting—even if it it would have resulted in a loss. I just wanted to see what would he had in store X Calibur aside.
He jobbed because it was kaido and his crew arc, he will return as a low to mid top tier. It's like marineford, If we are being real it could have ended in 2 chapters but it didn't because Oda needed to gassed up whitebeard and his crew in the only arc where they would be relevant.:endthis:

Status
Not open for further replies.