One Piece Chapter 1061: "The Island of the Future"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
You know what I just realised: the WG have been trying to get the Nika Nika (Gomu Gomu) No Mi for forever and now Luffy is on Egghead Island. What if Vegapunk is somehow able to clone it from Luffy?
If that were the case, why don't we have a bunch of Pika Pika no Mi users? Also, this might not even be possible with the way DFs are.

If it were possible though, Luffy would fight to make sure it wouldn't happen.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I don't know if it could be something important, but i noticed something interesting:

The shark has the number "03".
Big robot has the number 12 and also has the inscription "Vega Force 1".
Girl has "Punk 02" on her chest.

This might indicate it's just a cyborg.

It is also interesting that robot has a star on its chest.

Vega is the brightest star in the constellation of Lute.

Vega from Arabic means "quivering eagle"

Is this a coincidence?

:crazwhat::crazwhat::optimistic:
There was also a star flag on last page of 1054, VP might be a double agent.

Few things.

Seems Oda is slowly making Luffy allies with each of the Supernova with this interaction with Bonney I'm guessing he'll be leading them in the final war.

That leaves us with Urouge who technically he hasn't met right?

:kata:

Luffy mentioning he fights in his Gear 5 form when he is free... still quite ambiguous on whether he can use it on will or not.

:hope::quest:

Definitely going to be an arc for Franky to self improve or develop the Sunny more. Perhaps we were shown the limits of the Sunny this chapter in order for us to see the growth later.

:datas:

NOW FINALLY...

FINALLY...

AND FINALLY...

SMOKER-SAAAAAN

It's clear we're getting these introductions of the marines because there will be a rescue Coby arc for them. So either Smoker is with them and will appear and neg diff the rear admiral 'Prince' and say they are going to save him. Smoker doesn't give a shit if Blackbeard is a Yonko or if he is stronger Smoker would never back down.

However Smoker could also be on egghead island which is why we didn't see him with the others going through his own personal training. Either way Smoker haters be prepared for YC1 + level Smoker.

:joker:

Corny fans sweating knowing Luffy and Smoker are going to save Cornys ass from Blackbeard

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

Notice how we haven't even seen Smoker yet and the community are more excited than Coby's lame ass appearance in Amazon Lily.

:ihaha:

Few things.

Seems Oda is slowly making Luffy allies with each of the Supernova with this interaction with Bonney I'm guessing he'll be leading them in the final war.

That leaves us with Urouge who technically he hasn't met right?

:kata:

Luffy mentioning he fights in his Gear 5 form when he is free... still quite ambiguous on whether he can use it on will or not.

:hope::quest:

Definitely going to be an arc for Franky to self improve or develop the Sunny more. Perhaps we were shown the limits of the Sunny this chapter in order for us to see the growth later.

:datas:

NOW FINALLY...

FINALLY...

AND FINALLY...

SMOKER-SAAAAAN

It's clear we're getting these introductions of the marines because there will be a rescue Coby arc for them. So either Smoker is with them and will appear and neg diff the rear admiral 'Prince' and say they are going to save him. Smoker doesn't give a shit if Blackbeard is a Yonko or if he is stronger Smoker would never back down.

However Smoker could also be on egghead island which is why we didn't see him with the others going through his own personal training. Either way Smoker haters be prepared for YC1 + level Smoker.

:joker:

Corny fans sweating knowing Luffy and Smoker are going to save Cornys ass from Blackbeard

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

Notice how we haven't even seen Smoker yet and the community are more excited than Coby's lame ass appearance in Amazon Lily.

:ihaha:
It seems that his heart has to beat in the rhythm of the Drums of Liberation in order to activate it.

- One Piece Fandom Wiki

"Despite the strength of this form, due to inexperience, it consumes plenty of energy to maintain and use, even to the point that Luffy can visibly age once de-transformed, and experience an extensive amount of exhaustion and fatigue. That said, Luffy can transform back by seemingly forcing his heart to beat in the rhythm of the Drums of Liberation."

Another good chapter.

Vegapunk is a woman and I find that very good, if I understood correctly it was she who programmed the kind of Dauphin who attacked the Sunny.

Well the Mugis find themselves once again separated, nothing surprising here it has often been like that.

Luffy and Bonney meet for the first time, Bonney had only met Zoro in Shabondy. Bonney does business with Dr. Vegapunk. Bonney doesn't know that on her prime, Luffy is Gear5 Nika mode and that's why Luffy's hair color is different.

We see new members of the Swords and we also see the return of Tashigi, and Hermepp who wants to save Coby and offer to go to Blackbeard's Hive Island with the Seraphim. It is known from Bonney that the island Luffy's crew is on is a government island.

Vegapunk clarifies to the Mugis that she did not save them and that she did not help the pirates and if I understood correctly the name of her island is "EggHead". I feel the dialogue coming between Vegapunk and Sanji, after all Sanji's father, Queen and Vegapunk worked together Cesar Clown too.

I'm really glad Vegapunk is a girl. Vegapunk is going to tell us what happened with Kuma it's great that she's here and Jewelry Bonney is there too. We will be able to learn a lot about the government, the history of Bonney, the history of Vegapunk, I like it.

Interestingly also Luffy the hair he on his new poster matches the form he uses to be free. Another reference to his fruit which allows him when he is awake to do whatever he wants.

I hope this island will be calm and like Zou's arc.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Gotta say it again, dream come true that this is our first post- Wano arc. Oda making this an actual arc actually gives me confidence that he's not dropping plotlines. I'm now more confident than ever that we will get Fullalead and Elbaf arcs too in the least before we head to Lodestar/Laugh Tale. Like Vegapunk, these are locations with plot buildup now.

I'm also fairly confident that this is where people will not only get DF lore, but moon lore as well, and we may even see the return of Enel. Not saying we WILL go to the Moon, but you never know lol. The Spacies with Enel were in fact built by a scientist who lived on Vegapunk's birth island after all.
People heard "three years left" and lost their fucking minds.

As someone who didn't have much hope for a Vegapunk arc, I'm ecstatic. I hope we get some moon lore, too, but we're definitely getting Devil Fruit lore. Time for Chopper to make some upgraded Rumble Balls.