Who’s a better villain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if oda really thinks that we want to read this vegapunk stuff

And in the german forum all the guys are clapping for this trash :whitepress:
I try to be balanced but I must admit, this is far from my favourite chapter.

In defence of a reasonable reaction on our part, you can say we should expect it and know better by now. It's hard to be disappointed when you know its coming. Vegapunk is of course an important link for whatever side story connects with the Sword members on that other nearby island.

Yet, the end result is obvious. The story building here is to get as many characters fangasming over Luffy and his crew as possible. Make Luffy the center of attention, and have people in series play 15% helping him and 85% stars in the eyes, mouths drooling, "How can such a good man be a pirate! Luffy-san!!" I mean, you expect it from a relatable rival - a fellow pirate like Blackbeard perhaps. But really, do we have to get so many marines and people related to them in some way constantly treating Luffy as the chosen savior? He's a bloody pirate! Scummy World Government aside, there should be a few more radical hostiles out there some where.

At any rate, though we'd also ask what as the alternative? I suppose, in theory, we could have had a skip and shown these characters already running/on the move and bring back the coversation between Vegapunk and Luffy as a flashback later. Though the frustration on the part of many is a direct result of Oda's decision to bring in so much build up for Blackbeard only to slow it down for a few other details. Important ones or not, it does feel like teasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.