Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1069 Spoilers Discussion

Who will fight Kizaru ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yeah that's a very interesting topic. It's certainly strange that even Zoro with his CoC infused swordsmanship could not even damage flame mode King visibly, which in durability terms is surreal, even for OP standards. So It might make sense for arguing that flame mode simply means that they become invulnerable.

Recently I did deep dives into all kinds of Youtubers, that are all hella smart and creative: Parvision, Dak's Sake, Hidden Island, Randy Troy and such. And they talk a lot about the ancient kingdom, joyboy, the Sun God, the origin of DFs and such. And it gets more and more obvious that the Lunarians played a very important role in all of that and nearly everything ability related will ultimately will tie back to life force-/ soul energy, i.e. haki.

Perhaps the Lunarians aren't making use of fire per se, but the source is rather life force/soul energy, that just manifests into fire in the physical world, which they can then shape and transform to their wishes and even turn into magma, if they get emotional/they choose to.
With such a concept I might lean towards them being invincible in flame mode, but then it begs the question why it's this way and not the other way around, when they are seemingly "infused" with their flame in "flame off"-mode.
Maybe they work on that natural energy that is everywhere, that stuff Vegapunk was talking about. And they absorb it through a hole in their back, and the flame appears there, because it's the place where that energy transitions into their bodies and during that process it just takes on a physical form in the form of fire or heat.
And when their bodies are in absorbing state, they are just invulnerable, like some kind of indestructable or nearly indestructable containers. And when they use that energy, their bodies get "animated" and they are going from storage into action phase/mode. And that energy is perhaps, similar to natural chakra in Naruto, just the voice of all things, meaning the haki of the all surrounding nature or stuff like sunlight..?
Basically means: They are indestructable energy containers at base.
Or all of that and their bodies are just made of a substance that's very similar to rubber, that gets softer, when heat gets involved and therefore they get a drop in durability..?

But even though I like all of that, it's weird that King was bloodied by GB, seemingly before he was captured by his roots. Does it make them completely invulnerable to external damaging factors only, but can they still be crushed and internally damaged, what was also a major theme against BM and Kaido aswell? Or did GB just got the better out of him, when he was in speed mode?

That's a very interesting topic, bro. What do you think, especially about the GB bit.
Yo that's damn interesting... especially the lore part.
They definitely are key to the lore behind the Ancient Kingdom imo.
They might not be technologically advanced like the Ancient Kingdom was but there's a reason why King was waiting for Joyboy to re appear.

I also like the idea they'd be indestructible containers of life force in flame mode. That's possibly how i see their storyline going as well.

Regarding the GB point, i personally think GB caught him in speed mode and then took him out. I don't really think internal damage would work because we saw S-Hawk be attacked by Teach using Black Hole... the move which dragged an entire town into it & crushed it in Banaro. Yet both S-Hawk & S-Snake left Amazon Lily without even a single scratch on them. So internal damage or crushing damage might not really be the solution as well.

Imagine arguing that Katakuri's Awakening is off the same level as Law's awakening because Awakening is Awakening
:suresure:
Eh tbf kid and law are both comparable in when it comes to fruit mastery and overall level
Despite law having a "better" fruit

It's difficult to compare fruits that aren't really comparable in use

Like we know for a fact baby 5 fruit > daz, kuzan > monet, who's who > lucci, etc
So in those cases yeah just like their fruits their awakenings will also be better

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Hmmm the only issue with this imo is that Kizaru leaving would mean Luffy takes Vegapunk.

I think the serious consideration here (for the Marines) is not letting Luffy get away with that. That's why I think Kizaru goes down here and Zoro's focus is more the Kuma plot
Kumas plot is with bonney and where luffy is nor is he in any shape to fight
Heck I don't see a fight at all more a stall
Once the kuma situation sorted they all likely getting spanked to Elbaf
Which is why it makes more sense for zoro to parallel Ray and hold him up.

Yes...I do lol. This is literally the perfect time for Luffy to defeat someone like Kizaru in a shorter arc.

I've talked about this at length. Many of OPs villains post Wano may be more like Pre-TS. Side grades and not complete upgrades from the last villain.

Kizaru isn't tankier or literally stronger than Kaido, but his powers could throw Luffy Off his game completely if he hasn't mastered FS yet, which the story had never suggested that being the case.

Kizaru has also hit and insulted Luffy more than he has to anyone else. There's actual beef there from Marineford, second only to Akainu.

If Kuma shows up, that is entirely going to be Zoro's focus considering their history (whether they fight directly or not is a different story).
It would be poor writing if Admiral Kizaru went down in this arc before we've even gotten to the final battle. There is already a shortage of Admirals who are antagonists given Fujitora is already a Luffy fanboy. Having Kizaru go down, reduces his hype which I doubt Oda would do. And considering Luffy has already defeated someone stronger than Kizaru i.e Kaido, he doesn't need to prove himself.

It would be poor writing if Admiral Kizaru went down in this arc before we've even gotten to the final battle. There is already a shortage of Admirals who are antagonists given Fujitora is already a Luffy fanboy. Having Kizaru go down, reduces his hype which I doubt Oda would do. And considering Luffy has already defeated someone stronger than Kizaru i.e Kaido, he doesn't need to prove himself.
We don’t know how much stronger Kaido is compared to Kizaru, so I wonder

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Hmmm the only issue with this imo is that Kizaru leaving would mean Luffy takes Vegapunk.

I think the serious consideration here (for the Marines) is not letting Luffy get away with that. That's why I think Kizaru goes down here and Zoro's focus is more the Kuma plot
So what? He will remember Luffy defeated Kaido ( although he won't know the detail we have that Luffy had XYZ rounds and ass pulls ).

Zoro will already give him a tough time and adding Luffy to the mix will make him realize he has to leave this one be.

WG must have some Vegapunk tech they forced him to have. + Why do you care about leaving Vegapunk to Straw Hats? They already wanted to assasinate him only proving my point that Vegapunk gave them what they wanted.

( Probably Lulucia Kingdom stuff is Vegapunk's tech ).

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung Many people in the poll thinks Zoro is gonna face his penultimate fight this arc. :milaugh:
I think a short clash makes sense. Zoro will fight Kizaru in the final arc, it's a safe way to show that he's already a top tier but not yet the cream of the crop, same way Law is fighting Blackbeard.
So they could clash for a while but Kizaru will outplay him for sure.

I

Impact_Dial

If the story is close to finishing it doesn't make sense for the crew to lose again here, and if they do it'll just create more weird powerup stuff that has to happen in a short timeframe. If Kizaru tries fighting hes really probably going to lose
Some thinking that we still got 5+ years left before the end of one piece..

Status
Not open for further replies.