Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1069 Spoilers Discussion

Who will fight Kizaru ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you’ve always been more willing than me to swallow whatever Oda feeds us, so this ALSO isn’t a surprise. You’ve got a good point with the VOAT, but come on…DFs being born out of random peoples’ wishes is objectively childish, and before you say anything about the target audience, just because this series is aimed at adolescents doesn’t mean the plot has to be condescending. Kids can handle more complexity in the media they consume than some folks think, you don’t HAVE to explain everything away with “Their dreams all came true” :luuh:
What's wrong with Devil Fruits being born from the desire of the person who created it? It actually goes hand in hand with haki being the manifestation of a person's willpower. Those with strong willpower would have strong desires, which in turn would create abilities based on those desires. Perfect explanation for something like Asura.

What explanation do you think would be better suited, because remember, for years now the most popular theory the fandom loved to throw around was that there was a magical tree that spit out fruits with random powers.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I would wager Sengoku, Sakazuki, Borsalino, Kuzan, and maybe Ryokugyu have it. The C3 and Sengoku have all had their fruits for decades, way way more than enough time to awaken them. Ryokugyu has had his fruit for at least 3 years so it’s possible he’s awakened it depending on how long he’s had it for.

I was actually looking at some of Fujitora’s dialogue recently and I think the quote people cite of him being new with his DF is actually a mistranslation, as in the Viz Fuji simply states that he was “just warming up” which does not at all imply he was new to his fruit lol. As to whether he has it, maybe. We need to know more about Fuji and Ryokugyu, especially because in my opinion they are easily the most fascinating characters Oda has written post timeskip.

If you were to tell me ten years ago that the new Admirals post timeskip would be a secret revolutionary who only joined the Navy to reform the WG from within, as well as a bloodlusted psycho who thinks the World Nobles are gods and that the Marines pre-FA Sakazuki were a bunch of pussies…man. I need to know more about them both. Lol
Yeah I think all are awakened with Issho being a coin toss.
Hard to picture his df having an awakening
I can see Oda giving the color trio all awakening, and having the two new guys having really high level CoO and CoA(Aramaki's black blade) instead, but I personally think Aramaki has it.

I don't have the panel on hand, but I remember seeing forests and wildlife growing in the area after Aramaki's fight with King and Queen.

It is difficult to imagine Issho's fruit having awakening, but I can see Oda just making a slight retcon and having one of his existing abilities be his awakening.

Because he's better at trolling.
Portrayal wise Yonko have at the very least been comparable to Admirals. I say at the very least because especially recently the Yonko have been shown to be superior. Even old sickly WB has overcome Akainu who is by many considered to be the strongest Marine besides Garp.
So this idea that you think Kizaru can defeat Luffy suggests that you think there is some sort of power gap there.

We all know when it comes to a serious fight. Luffy normally overcomes his opponent. Especially if the gap is not that significant.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I can see Oda giving the color trio all awakening, and having the two new guys having really high level CoO and CoA(Aramaki's black blade) instead, but I personally think Aramaki has it.

I don't have the panel on hand, but I remember seeing forests and wildlife growing in the area after Aramaki's fight with King and Queen.

It is difficult to imagine Issho's fruit having awakening, but I can see Oda just making a slight retcon and having one of his existing abilities be his awakening.
Maybe Issho and Aramaki will have lower fruit mastery but higher Haki than the C3, as the C3 don’t have the Haki hype that the draftees do, but who knows lol.

And yes Aramaki Jungle-Nuked Udon lol:

Portrayal wise Yonko have at the very least been comparable to Admirals. I say at the very least because especially recently the Yonko have been shown to be superior. Even old sickly WB has overcome Akainu who is by many considered to be the strongest Marine besides Garp.
Yeah, but Luffy isn't quite there yet. You forgot it took all the Scabbards+ Yamato+ Kid, Killer, Law, Zoro AND Luffy to defeat Kaido (with help from Oden/Enma as well). Luffy didn't solo Kaido. The other Yonkou (BB, Shanks and Mihawk) are still on a higher level than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.