Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone will be clapped in Egghead, the only question is who... A seraphim or two, Saturn, Kizaru or all of them? :quest:
Probably no one since we have a gorosei member including Oda won’t risk much. At best we getting more clashes as well as fights that will go unfinished before the SHs have a grand escape move.

I am going off of the new gen>old gen as it makes the most sense. Zoro in that case would just be a Rayleigh+ at EoS. Like if you take away his goal, and leave the rest as it is, it would be like that.

That's mistranslated by early translators.

It comes off as too demeaning in that translation. It's merely Luffy boasting about himself and what kind of crew he wants.

Both Mihawk and Rayleigh are figures that Zoro will surpass and strives to surpass. But Mihawk is so far designated as the peak of that, so he gets the benefit of the doubt over Rayleigh, in my opinion.

Yes, and that's what sets them apart from all the others and that's why they will be the best crew of all times, achieving what no one else could.
tbf I didnt read the translation
:milaugh:

that being said
if you take away zoro's goal , he ceases to be the same character is my point
so surpassing rayleigh at that point is no longer a guarantee
joining luffy's crew is no longer a guarantee . the swordsman on his crew was supposed to be the best.

from my standpoint I look at rayleigh being talked about as a legend comparable to wb, the marines wouldnt want to take on at the same time. Mind you mihawk participated in this same war and received nothing close to tha.
I look at Rayleigh halting a BB close to his prime(based on his reputation) ;BB undoubtedly the strongest pirate of this time soon.
I look at Rayleigh holding off an admiral to the point of the latter getting very enraged at the age of 72 and implying in his younger years he would have been capable of a lot more

Mihawk 's title in comparison does not command him the same attention or respect Rayleigh does in his era and also in the current one after his retirement. all that considered ; once you take out the fact that his era doesnt align with mihawk's (title wouldnt settle things here) , clear to me Rayleigh is better portrayed and likely stronger at his prime. if it couldnt get more evident one would become the would be mentor for the pirate king himself and that was rayleigh while the other mentored his n2 .

so to speak rayleigh has also become a benchmark for luffy to surpass.

new gen surpasses the old has to be applied with context. shanks didnt surpass roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.