One Piece Chapter 1096: "Kumachi"

Who is the strongest fighter in God Valley?

• Total voters
Was already expecting this flashback to mostly keep the full picture of the God Valley incident to the background and not reveal everything since it's been pretty clearly set up as a Kuma centric retelling of events but am not sure I liked how even the little we were given was handled. Feels like things would have been way more impactful and epic if all of these spreads of character reveals and grand entrances were kept for the eventual flashback fully dedicated to depicting the God Valley incident.

The way things are framed here with the constant jumping from one action to the next across the island in a single panel with no sense of time or scale and with each group and individual character pursing goals we don't even fully understand yet leaves me unimpressed and barely invested in what should be one of the most significant events in the lore.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think keeping the entire thing purely focused on Kuma and co would have been a service to both the future God Valley stuff and this present flashback. Might have at least given us the time to flesh out the context behind Ginny, a random pre-teen who's been a slave since 4, somehow having the technical know-how, equipment and just general smarts to leak information kept top secret by the most powerful organization in the world and precipitating what's probably the largest crisis they've had to face. Without the full story of how the hell she and Iva figured out all that stuff, how long they have been planning it and setting it up and the difficulties they faced, everything legit feels like a lazily written way to make plot progress.

We didn't even get to see Kuma escaping Saturn or even a single panel of him actually depicted saving the other slaves in the middle of the chaos. Those would have been dramatically striking moments to fully visualize but for some reason they got entirely skipped over and we are left having to ourselves mentally picture what were, thus far, the most important actions of the FB's main character...

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I think God Valley is also a way from Oda to show us that the final war or anything like that has not to happen in Mary Geoise. It very well can show us that all parties are free to chose where to fight and that really underlines my theory on a Lough Tale final battle.

So yeah, my theory was that Imu themselves, will move out of Mary Geoise and enter Lough Tale to fight the pirates there, once the route to Lough Tale has been revealed to the world.
And the Ginny intel thing just is another foreshadowing of what information spread in the One Piece world can do.

My IQ is too low to understand this part so please help me guys.

What does Garb meant by them messing with Hachinosu and what did they steal? How was that possible with the kind of crew Xebec has?

I thought Rocks Pirate were after the devil fruits in God Valley after hearing Ginny's leak but Garb said "of course, they'd come and get it back" so it was getting back what the Celestial Dragon stole and not the devil fruits. Right?
Rocks got yami yami no mi . The winner of God valley get Yami fruit as prize.

There is no doubt the story of God valley has to do with the darkness fruit . It’s the only fruit I can see that made Roger and Garp Team up to defeat Xebec or I just don’t see how an island just disappear without any trace.

It adds up with how Thatch got it later on when Whitebeard was the Yonko he somehow got this back and we know Blackbeard got this fruit. Even WB suggested not to chase Ace he knows the power of the fruit that’s why he knows there was no chance Ace will win it back.
Post automatically merged:

Doubt it, even if they survived why would they end up as celestials?
Not to mention one of them is a longarm who would never be treated as a human by them lol
He was referring the mask child who was in orphanage . There is possibility he was lone survivor .

little chapter teases:
--in the flashback we see prime Kuma in action against a very strong opponent, won't spoil who it is, but it will cause a lot of discussion
- flashback doesn't end this chapter
- break next week