Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1119 : Emeth

Rate the chapter

• Total voters

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
Copying and Pasting my post from the spoiler thread since it's pretty much the same + adding a couple more thoughts:

I would hand myself a W but it's really unwarranted as anyone with common sense knew where this would develop. Imo, last week's overreaction was mostly folks assuming the worst and creating bad scenarios in their mind that were never going to be canon.

Bonney's concept of freedom, instilled in her by Kuma, revolves around Nika. As a child, Bonney's imagination isn't limited by ontological boundaries, so her ultimate symbol of freedom manifests as Nika. That's all she knows at this point. She still cries seeing pacifista cause they look like her dad lol

Her transformation is really more of a thematic cosplay than an actual power. Folks were acting like she was about to pull out rubber manipulation, top tier CoC, top tier speed, creativity, etc... So yes, this development didn't "undermine Luffy's awakening" like y'all lied to me last week. I get that 12 page chapters force hardcore fandoms to create talking points to bitch about due to lack of actual content, but last week was bad even by our standards lol. I still had fun memeing it though :myman:

Luffy's range in G5 is crazy, you can tell Oda is still experimenting with its tone and presentation as it's still a new power up. That also counts for others' reaction to it. For example, the Giants dancing to his tune and ignoring the fire was a little ridiculous. We'll see how it evolves.

Emeth was like

Happy with his revival and broadcast restart. The water level reveal was really good, but the arc needs another major VC reveal as an exclamation point.

I hope Oda somehow manages to get Saturn in conflict with Luffy and/or Kuma. I don't think Kuma will survive the arc, and I'm thinking him and Luffy can take out Saturn here.

Gear 5 feels like someone took the One Piece manga and applied cheat codes to the main character and now they can do a speed run, only problem is they haven't done the normal run to unlock this privileged new game plus mode. It's obviously due to Oda's ageing/declining health, it's easier to draw squiggly line character that can do literally anything without needing to explain the basis of the power. Younger Oda may have gone down the edge-lord power up route.

I agree with someone's post above, this arc really needs a really good reveal, I would take a flash back with face reveal of original Joy Boy and his struggles with ancient kingdom and more information about this Emeth dude.

Gear 5 feels like someone took the One Piece manga and applied cheat codes to the main character and now they can do a speed run, only problem is they haven't done the normal run to unlock this privileged new game plus mode. It's obviously due to Oda's ageing/declining health, it's easier to draw squiggly line character that can do literally anything without needing to explain the basis of the power. Younger Oda may have gone down the edge-lord power up route.
Indeed. Young Oda also wouldn't have developed this obsession with overdimensional boobs, this was an editor's doing.
I agree with someone's post above, this arc really needs a really good reveal, I would take a flash back with face reveal of original Joy Boy and his struggles with ancient kingdom and more information about this Emeth dude.
Oda doesn't even know yet how he's going to design Joyboy 🀑