Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1128: RPG

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
If this is the introduction to Elbaf, then its sorely lacking, but a nice chapter overall with better art than Egghead's crap for some reason. The fact that Lamato's boring ass cover story got excluded for this one earns it an additional star.

Also Nami charges Chopper for hugs now? This flanderization is getting out of hand.

Damn we're already getting battle of the Sun God's ( Real Nika vs Fake Nika)
(What if this is actually someone Loki who is known to be god of mischief)
I guess the theories of hallucination/Illusion is partly right because of the mirrors they did see illusions

They're out there playing in a giant Toys R Us basically

See Luffy being in Gear 5th and just running just seems so weird when last arc he was taking on 5 Elders like it's nothing
I wouldn't be surprised if this is Loki considering how LOda's silhouettes almost always never end up looking like the actual character.

Kizaruber Eats

Wake me up when One Piece (actually/ever) ends.
If this is the introduction to Elbaf, then its sorely lacking, but a nice chapter overall with better art than Egghead's crap for some reason. The fact that Lamato's boring ass cover story got excluded for this one earns it an additional star.

Also Nami charges Chopper for hugs now? This flanderization is getting out of hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Loki considering how LOda's silhouettes almost always never end up looking like the actual character.
Completely agree man. Nami charging Chopper just made me feel sick, it felt very OOT/OOC for Nami. Nami would comfort him regardless and we know Robin wouldn't hesitate and mother him immediately, going mama bear if needed. Nami even shocked Chopper brutally at WCI by accident lol.

Honestly if this is Loki I wouldn't even be mad, it would be "Loki pretty cool", badum tsh lol. I'm scared of how goofy/dumb/repulsive Lokis design will be especially after Orochi and Vegapunk.

Completely agree man. Nami charging Chopper just made me feel sick, it felt very OOT/OOC for Nami. Nami would comfort him regardless and we know Robin wouldn't hesitate and mother him immediately, going mama bear if needed. Nami even shocked Chopper brutally at WCI by accident lol.

Honestly if this is Loki I wouldn't even be mad, it would be "Loki pretty cool", badum tsh lol. I'm scared of how goofy/dumb/repulsive Lokis design will be especially after Orochi and Vegapunk.
Look at it this way, Luffy said he was full after the rabbit and didn't consider eating the other animals. Maybe there's something in the air making the crew not act like their usual selves all the time.

Kizaruber Eats

Look at it this way, Luffy said he was full after the rabbit and didn't consider eating the other animals. Maybe there's something in the air making the crew not act like their usual selves all the time.
Yeah that would be interesting, it would explain the weird ambiguity with whats going on atm and the overwhelming amount of inconsistencies these past few chapters.

Oda won't tell or show us how they ended up in this situation and the last we saw them, they were getting drunk on that fairy absinthe that causes hallucinations?

And with Loki ruling over Elbaf and being a trickster god, things are going to get VERY mindfucky like the D4C arc of Jojo part 8 for example I guess? Or the traitor arcs of Zou to Wano and Egghead? With Kanjuro and York ofc?

What confused me too, that rabbit was plastic right? So they ate a plastic rabbit?! Or thought they did?! Can this sun god figure bring things to life, enchant them? Enchant devil fruit maybe? Life life fruit similar to big moms but maybe better? Maybe a Mythical Zoan?

I suppose we'll get better answers next chapter ofc. People were saying saying was "too Freaky" this chapter even by his own standards too lmao. Zoro was less serious than usual and more like his pre TS self too. Given the events of Egghead and all they just experienced, its very jarring too imo. Usopp and Nami did feel a little too cowardly and OOT especially given Nami was standing up to Ulti and even Kaido himself!

Big Moms backstory had Carmel deceiving everyone at Elbaf including Linlin herself and the giants in general, so I wonder if Elbaf is gonna be wrought in tons of deception, especially with someone like Loki in charge too?

That’s not flanderization that’s just a gag that’s pretty on par for Nami. She charges the crew for affection all the time so it’s not too shocking

I just hope we don't revert to the Dressrosa pattern where next chapter we start elsewhere only to have a little flashback explaining how the SHs got away from skullguy, then immediately changing scene again. I'd like a bit of logical, straightforward storytelling for once.

The SHs magically being on Elbaf without seeing how they got here is really jarring
Magic = Oda doesn't want to waste panels on the rest of the crew and the 20 other characters with them.
They'll get there in the final chapters of Elbaf, meet Saul and leave. :finally:

I was just thinking, what if the Sun God was in the giants ship and she's the one responsible for taking the Sunny and kidnapping the 6 Strawhats?

Last edited:

Kizaruber Eats

Magic = Oda doesn't want to waste panels on the rest of the crew and the 20 other characters with them.
They'll get there in the final chapters of Elbaf, meet Saul and leave. :finally:

I was just thinking, what if the Sun God was in the giants ship and she's the one responsible for taking the Sunny and kidnapping the 6 Strawhats?
Good old Offscreen Piece, gotta love it! Gonna be like Rogers journey in the Oden flashback all over again! At best lol.

:risitameh::shame::sanjimeh::mrgo:

Thats a really good point, I saw a similar idea too....

That giant on the left has a very suspicious look on his face, he is carefully observing them and might be annoyed or just concentrating intensely as if if he suspicious of them and or he needs to understand them, to read them so he can impersonate them maybe?!

What if this is Loki?! I mean it would be strange for Loki himself to be here and none of the giants are bothered by it BUT what if this is not Lokis actual look too? Doesnt this guy look like an older version of Luffy with a moustache too? he even has a scar under an eye similar to Luffy! Almost like he tried to replicate Luffys appearance but failed? Saw his reflection or a mirrored image of him somehow, maybe a magical mirror that showed Luffy? Although he could just look at bounty posters ofc?

But anyway disregarding that idea, this post I just found is VERY interesting, a LOT of potential right here, assuming its not just all "accidental" or unintentional by Oda! As in not planned for something major!:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/1fqzhdo
In chapter 1124, the Straw Hats start celebrating with the giants. Analyzing this scene, we can see that everyone is drinking from a mug, without exception.

https://preview.redd.it/4kx4u5w75fr...bp&s=8e4d4a44068cfd461bde8ee50a413b3a8e7b0741

Two chapters later, in 1126, the party continues. Sanji asks a giant if the drink is very strong. The giant replies that it’s called "Absinthe: The Green Fairy" and that if they’re not careful, it can cause hallucinations.

https://preview.redd.it/ow7v82cg5fr...bp&s=86ec0df849c0f655402597c97e12e23fcf80b44c

However, something very strange happens after the party: the original formation of the five Straw Hats—composed of Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji—has disappeared from the ship. But why only them?

https://preview.redd.it/g78ty6kn5fr...bp&s=15b530826520cb3db90a8767bf05ba4778a01ee3

I believe the answer lies in chapter 1126 itself. In the panels where they are celebrating, the only Straw Hats still drinking absinthe are Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji. Oda made a point of drawing each of them with the absinthe mug in hand twice in this chapter.

https://preview.redd.it/m8hho9nt7fr...bp&s=e2bf836b4fc93890a845492f96dc2a2c03910aa1

The others—Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, and Jinbe—are not drinking absinthe in this chapter. Again, Oda made a point of drawing them twice, but this time to highlight that there is NO mug of absinthe in his hands.

https://preview.redd.it/z6npy0z5ufr...bp&s=63eb5cd04d8a154d089e1a7bcd376d884f10c7fd

I think that only the original five Straw Hats drank too much absinthe at this party to the point of causing hallucinations, which ultimately led them to the mysterious island where Elbaf "begins."

But wait... there’s still something strange. Luffy is NOT drinking absinthe in chapter 1126. The only moment Oda draws Luffy with a mug in hand is in chapter 1124, and right after that, he occupies both hands with giant meats. So, Luffy didn’t drink enough to hallucinate.

https://preview.redd.it/wbmwpknybfr...bp&s=69185eec89ead799d63e91311a18177bb7089b64

As we see in chapter 1127, there are a series of "continuity errors" in Oda’s drawings, like a sword that transforms into an axe, etc. But the most curious "error" is Luffy using a simple Gear 3 while calling it Gear 4. But the biggest mystery of this chapter is: where is Luffy's straw hat?

https://preview.redd.it/oexwss4tcfr...bp&s=cc68c8340e9b09847ddbb80a4c265b10bb24d5fe

I believe this is NOT LUFFY. Zoro has already noticed this, as in the final panels he doesn’t take his eyes off Luffy, as if he’s suspicious of something. Could this Luffy be Prince Loki?

https://preview.redd.it/2j7i95o8dfr...bp&s=2fb623972cd106b2970965c9aff209adf744e4f3

Luffy is very lucid and separated from everyone else.

https://preview.redd.it/ae7j8q4edfr...bp&s=924b7b0577333f8ad8d8a2c6a9fa5ad005617ae7

Also to add to this, the cat turned into a lion....Sunny has a lion figurehead and is called SUNny ofc! Sunny God, Sunny God? Uta turned it into a living creature in Film Red too!

I just really hope this is not gonna lead to some cringy, lame payoff like the Amongus Egghead traitor storyline and also Vegapunks reveal and speech generally too.

If Loki can turn into Luffy, maybe he's the one to destroy FMI for some reason? If thats still gonna happen? Luffy would make most sense unless Devon turns into Luffy too and does it? Or Bonney goes Nika and does it? Idk lol.

Last edited: