One Piece Chapter 967 Spoiler Summaries and Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst

Custom title
Roger was portrayed as equal with Whitebeard, very old Whitebeard after getting stabbed and even when he was getting heart attacks he still fought against the Admirals, and two-shotted Akainu in that condition. Considering mf Whitebeard's condition, Roger can't be that sick or weakened.
Roger had a disease WB was just getting old...

Roger had a disease WB was just getting old...
It was NEVER mentioned it was a tie due to illness, thus, makes it unvalid excuse.
When there is a fight, and someone is handicapped because of specific something or this thing had an effect on the outcome of the fight/clash, the author usually makes sure to highlight it.

It serves to hype the pirate king, which is the MC's goal. The story started with Roger. Hate to break it to you, but yes Roger is a more important character than Oden and thus deserves his own backstory
Oden was the key , roger would wait at outside of the door till he dies without his key. Oden is the man who made him Pk . would be a only powerful legend without him

It serves to hype the pirate king, which is the MC's goal. The story started with Roger. Hate to break it to you, but yes Roger is a more important character than Oden and thus deserves his own backstory
If it's about the strength of the PK then it's already stablished....

We don't need Roger adventures cuz SHs are the ones writing new ones.

I didn't mentioned Oden but...he was key in the final voyage.

We could expect an epilogue with Roger backstory tbh.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You are absolutely right. The whole Nami dream honestly was ruined by the idea of (Grandline) and the crew not visiting the other seas like South Blue, North Blue and West Blue.

Nami's dream would only be legitimate if she drew the map through ANOTHER JOURNEY on her own after the series ends. And that makes it all fucking bad focus from Oda on the SH crew, which actually should be the main focus of the story, each one and their own dream.

But instead, Oda every arc, creates an immense amount of new characters, with lots of focus on them, to a point that the crew and their own ambitions are no longer a concern of Oda. Hell, not even a hint.

Fucking Filler anime episode gave Sanji at least some light and hints about All Blue. While the cannon story ignored it. Filler episode gave Nami an episode dedicated to her trying to draw maps of the island she visited while the cannon story ignored it.

That is something I have been addressing for a long time. Oda is not giving a single attention to their dreams and the progress of their dreams, while he is only giving it to two characters of the crew. Luffy and Zoro.

Why I think it's bad is that it gives NO MEANING AND WEIGHT behind their dreams.

Think about it:
Would you rather see as an example Chopper on each island discover a medicinal feature and trying to mix it and experiment with it for a new cure and trying to create the "cure for all things"? and fail on different occasions before succeeding?

Or would you rather for Chopper to only do it through a focus of one chapter only at the end of series? making it feel like an unworthy and NO IMPACT, without having any struggle!

It's clear as day, the priorities for Oda shifted, which is bad, and it became such a joy for Oda to spend more time and give more panel to create NEW WEIRDO characters like smile users in every arc, rather than use advantage of that space for something more noteworthy and more important
The sheer fact that we haven’t seen all nine (or ten!) Straw Hats in the same panel for more than five real-time years is enough to prove your point. An absolute shame for him to take the dynamic, wild, colorful characters HE created and just diminish them to the point that the Supernovas have had more story impact since the time skip than most of the protagonists. I believe Wano is shaping up to be one of the best arcs in the series, but not for the right reasons...

M

MD Zolo

You are absolutely right. The whole Nami dream honestly was ruined by the idea of (Grandline) and the crew not visiting the other seas like South Blue, North Blue and West Blue.

Nami's dream would only be legitimate if she drew the map through ANOTHER JOURNEY on her own after the series ends. And that makes it all fucking bad focus from Oda on the SH crew, which actually should be the main focus of the story, each one and their own dream.

But instead, Oda every arc, creates an immense amount of new characters, with lots of focus on them, to a point that the crew and their own ambitions are no longer a concern of Oda. Hell, not even a hint.

Fucking Filler anime episode gave Sanji at least some light and hints about All Blue. While the cannon story ignored it. Filler episode gave Nami an episode dedicated to her trying to draw maps of the island she visited while the cannon story ignored it.

That is something I have been addressing for a long time. Oda is not giving a single attention to their dreams and the progress of their dreams, while he is only giving it to two characters of the crew. Luffy and Zoro.

Why I think it's bad is that it gives NO MEANING AND WEIGHT behind their dreams.

Think about it:
Would you rather see as an example Chopper on each island discover a medicinal feature and trying to mix it and experiment with it for a new cure and trying to create the "cure for all things"? and fail on different occasions before succeeding?

Or would you rather for Chopper to only do it through a focus of one chapter only at the end of series? making it feel like an unworthy and NO IMPACT, without having any struggle!

It's clear as day, the priorities for Oda shifted, which is bad, and it became such a joy for Oda to spend more time and give more panel to create NEW WEIRDO characters like smile users in every arc, rather than use advantage of that space for something more noteworthy and more important
I completely agree. Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Franky... their dreams have been completely cast aside. I guess I can't comment on Ussop's and Brook's will happen eventually, but Oda neglecting Nami et al.'s dream is criminal.

But with Thousand Sunny bombed, may be Franky's dream will get highlighted again.

M

MD Zolo

By the way, I don't see any factories, but if factories are already in place now, that means there was a previous underworld broker before Doffy.

Is it possible that this previous broker is also the new broker Jack was supposed to meet?

I completely agree. Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Franky... their dreams have been completely cast aside. I guess I can't comment on Ussop's and Brook's will happen eventually, but Oda neglecting Nami et al.'s dream is criminal.

But with Thousand Sunny bombed, may be Franky's dream will get highlighted again.
Most of them get achieved by Luffy achieving his.
Chopper i completely agree, Oda really dropped the ball on this one, Franky no, Nami not really, Sanji no.

I mean you could say it is unfair that Luffy constantly claims he will become PK while the rest, yes even including Zoro, rarely mention their dream outside of really dire situations, but it´s only Luffy really.

M

MD Zolo

No, remember the Granny told Orochi to start manufacturing weapons, so it's probably just this at the moment.
But just stockpiling weapons would be futile. The point of weapon manufacturing was to attract outside force. Trading weapons would bring in money, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.