Break Week One Piece - Chapter 970: Oden vs Kaido [BREAK WEEK]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing for the firsttime such a negative mood from the one piece youtuber for a chapter:

Seeing in a while since many one piece youtuber think the same way and I don´t even deny their point because I feel like the half community feel the same about this new chapter and the last one Chapter felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I can understand their feeling for that...
those are the impatient power level fags
wait for the official release guys (rogers/tekking/po.d.cast/sawyer etc)

Are u suggesting Sengoku or old Rayeligh can't beat young base Kaido or worse, they get one shot by him? Stop trippin'.
Yeah, no:

Oden was never oneshot by Kaido, and they had a long drawn out battle before the clash we see.

It's stated that they fought for a while, and we see Oden being roasted by Kaido's Boro Breath.

Besides the blood, Kaido has scuff marks on his face and is shown sweating:

There's no real point to trying to argue that Kaido somehow didn't fight Oden outside the one clash. It's not what Oda was trying to say.
I'll show you the panels later; I cannot do that on mobile.

Anyway, let's debunk your statement:

1.) Oden was never one shot by Kaido. He was only defeated after a long battle in which Oden was cheap shotted from Kaido. Before that, he briefly endured his Boro Breath.
2.) Even this Kaido had his entire crew; both Queen and King were hyped on this chapter by defeating the Scabbards. If Kaido is YC1, do you think that King - his strongest subordinate - was barely YC lv? Stop that BS.

After he defeated Oden, Kaido simply made his military power far stronger, he had far more territories - which made him a Yonko at the end.

It is highly likely that current Kaido is stronger than the one 20 years ago but the difference is not significant as you claim.

Sengoku beats base Kaido's ass, old Rayleigh however has it difficult since he hasn't touched a sword for decades and has stamina issues. He could cut Kaido like Oden but he wouldn't last as long as Oden.
Prime Rayleigh is another case but dude was Yonko lv by himself.

Last edited:
Yeah, no:

I'll show you the panels later; I cannot do that on mobile.

Anyway, let's debunk your statement:

1.) Oden was never one shot by Kaido. He was only defeated after a long battle in which Oden was cheap shotted from Kaido. Before that, he briefly endured his Boro Breath.
2.) Even this Kaido had his entire crew; both Queen and King were hyped on this chapter by defeating the Scabbards. If Kaido is YC1, do you think that King - his strongest subordinate - was barely YC lv? Stop that BS.

After he defeated Oden, Kaido simply made his military power far stronger, he had far more territories - which made him a Yonko at the end.

It is highly likely that current Kaido is stronger than the one 20 years ago but the difference is not significant as you claim.

Sengoku beats base Kaido's ass, old Rayleigh however has it difficult since he hasn't touched a sword for decades and has stamina issues. He could cut Kaido like Oden but he couldn't last as long as Oden.
Prime Rayleigh is another case but dude was Yonko lv by himself.
1.Haven't seen Oden get hit by Boro, just being thrown away by the power of da attack.
2.No, I don't think King was as strong 20 years ago as he is now, that's ridiculous. He wasn't yc1 lvl. Plus Kaido was stronger than YC1, but not in his base form, he never used hybrid, that's why I put him at yc1 lvl.

Both Sengoku & Rayleigh are old & retired, I give Rayleigh slight edge.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Did y’all notice that Momo was reading a ‘Kenjutsu’ (sword fighting) book this chapter?

Oda’s shown us that this lil squat never slacks of on his training & is now showing us that he also constantly learns about the sword arts. If Momo didn’t have that 20 year gap missing coz of the time jump, and continued to constantly train for 20 years, chances are that he’d be a very formidable swordsman in the current timeline especially since his ambition is to be the Shogun of Wano. So that considered, what are the chances that momo would be as strong as the aforementioned version of himself if Shinobu gave him those 20 years of time he’s missing via her ripe ripe fruit :steef:. If any of y’all here have watched hunter x hunter, you would already be familiar with that possibility and know that we could potentially be in for a real treat if that happens :steef:. Orochi better ready his ass for that ass whopping from Momo😂
I don’t think just making him 20 years older would help much. He’s still got the practical knowledge of an 8 year old...

those are the impatient power level fags
wait for the official release guys (rogers/tekking/po.d.cast/sawyer etc)
Most of them are hardcore Yonko fans who think Yonko >>> Admirals, so seeing someone as hyped up as Kaido get injured like that is probably inconceivable to them.

Worst

Custom title
I
Most of them are hardcore Yonko fans who think Yonko >>> Admirals, so seeing someone as hyped up as Kaido get injured like that is probably inconceivable to them.
I am an hardcore Yonko>>>admirals and obviously a Kaido fan to death and it's not inconceivable (since we knew that happened...) i was expeting Kaido to be even more injured and the battle to be even more tough for him and the BP cuz let's be real Oden was also very hyped(i'm also sure that if Oden was alive today he would legit be one of the Yonkos) it's just the fact that it was all poorly handled idk why maybe Oda have other plans or he didn't wanted to show too much before the War cuz with the hype he builded up before 2/3 chapters ago he could have done BIIIG THINGS with that material

I am an hardcore Yonko>>>admirals and obviously a Kaido fan to death and it's not inconceivable (since we knew that happened...) i was expeting Kaido to be even more injured and the battle to be even more tough for him and the BP cuz let's be real Oden was also very hyped(i'm also sure that if Oden was alive today he would legit be one of the Yonkos) it's just the fact that it was all poorly handled idk why maybe Oda have other plans or he didn't wanted to show too much before the War cuz with the hype he builded up before 2/3 chapters ago he could have done BIIIG THINGS with that material
Again he would never spoil cool stuff in a flashback.
That was my 1 wish coming to the fight that we didnt get spoiled on hybird kaido

By the way...
How underwhelming it was for Oda to make King and Queen in Silhouette! There is no point in doing so when we know their design!
This is soooo stupid

OMG, I cannot wait for this stupid flashback to end.
It's one of the worst Flashbacks

If you actually THINK otherwise. Let me ask you one single question. During all of those 9-10 chapter flashback. Tell me ONE SINGLE BIG INFORMATION that was revealed??? JUST ONE.
First two chapters were random chapters with no purpose other than saying Oden was too much to handle for Sukiyaki (something we knew ever since Kinemon told the story to the SHs)
And that he one by one recruited the scabbard. and controlled Kuri. Didn't we know that already???

Then, he met WB, sailed with him along with (Izo, Inuarashi, Nekumamushi) Something we ALSO KNEW

Then, we knew that Oden was gonna jump to Roger's ship, and Nekumamushi and Inuarashi will follow him while Izo will stay. SOMETHING WE ALL KNEW ever since Zou.

Then, they find the one piece. And leave, and Roger disband the crew, and says his goodbye to Rayleigh, the dark king, something we knew from Saboady arc from rayleigh.

Then, The crew will go thir separate ways, as Oden returned to Wano... the shogun and Kaido will be plotting against him... there will be a battle... Oden will give Kaido is X Scar (which honestly was so stupid drawing, and also it made Ame no Habakiri cut kaido like Enma, which contradicts Hiyori's statement that Enma is the only sword to cut Kaido, which devalues Enma for Zoro, it's just simple haki feat from Oden, nothing else) ... Then Oden will be taken out.... and he will be executed by Kaido and Shogun by being "Boiled like Oden". while Oden died proytecting the scabbard and allowing them to escape somehow.

Tell me ONE SINGLE REVELATION that is noteworthy....NOTHING

And we didn't even get focus on the scabbard point of view to actually get attached to them to feel motivated about their future fight and make it impactful

What a waste for 10 chapters of flashback. Talk about the stupidest writing ever.

Oh, if that isn't even bad for you. Oden basically danced for 5 years, and the reasoning behind it is simply revealed by Kaido this chapter that "if they went to war, casualties may happen, so Oden decided to not make a move". But wait..... That's a reason for Oden to make a deal with Kaido and Orochi to NOT ATTACK THEM and overthrow them... But Not a reason for him to go dancing naked for 5 years....????

The stupidest flashback with NO PURPOSE and NO MOTIVATIONS, NO REVEALS, NOTHING WORTHY cause everything was shown in those 10 chapters we ALREADY KNEW

I just hope flashback ends next chapter. I'm done with Oden. Never liked him.

Supernovas, calamities, Kaido & even Meme are way better, can't w8 to see them go all out. I hope Onigashima gets destroyed in the war.
Post automatically merged:

By the way...
How underwhelming it was for Oda to make King and Queen in Silhouette! There is no point in doing so when we know their design!
This is soooo stupid

If you actually THINK otherwise. Let me ask you one single question. During all of those 9-10 chapter flashback. Tell me ONE SINGLE BIG INFORMATION that was revealed??? JUST ONE.
First two chapters were random chapters with no purpose other than saying Oden was too much to handle for Sukiyaki (something we knew ever since Kinemon told the story to the SHs)
And that he one by one recruited the scabbard. and controlled Kuri. Didn't we know that already???

Then, he met WB, sailed with him along with (Izo, Inuarashi, Nekumamushi) Something we ALSO KNEW

Then, we knew that Oden was gonna jump to Roger's ship, and Nekumamushi and Inuarashi will follow him while Izo will stay. SOMETHING WE ALL KNEW ever since Zou.

Then, they find the one piece. And leave, and Roger disband the crew, and says his goodbye to Rayleigh, the dark king, something we knew from Saboady arc from rayleigh.

Then, The crew will go thir separate ways, as Oden returned to Wano... the shogun and Kaido will be plotting against him... there will be a battle... Oden will give Kaido is X Scar (which honestly was so stupid drawing, and also it made Ame no Habakiri cut kaido like Enma, which contradicts Hiyori's statement that Enma is the only sword to cut Kaido, which devalues Enma for Zoro, it's just simple haki feat from Oden, nothing else) ... Then Oden will be taken out.... and he will be executed by Kaido and Shogun by being "Boiled like Oden". while Oden died proytecting the scabbard and allowing them to escape somehow.

And we didn't even get focus on the scabbard point of view to actually get attached to them to feel motivated about their future fight and make it impactful

What a waste for 10 chapters of flashback. Talk about the stupidest writing ever.

Oh, if that isn't even bad for you. Oden basically danced for 5 years, and the reasoning behind it is simply revealed by Kaido this chapter that "if they went to war, casualties may happen, so Oden decided to not make a move". But wait..... That's a reason for Oden to make a deal with Kaido and Orochi to NOT ATTACK THEM and overthrow them... But Not a reason for him to go dancing naked for 5 years....????

The stupidest flashback with NO PURPOSE and NO MOTIVATIONS, NO REVEALS, NOTHING WORTHY cause everything was shown in those 10 chapters we ALREADY KNEW
The problem with flashback was its length & us being well aware of what would happen. There was no shock, no revelation. At least we had a good look at old gen. We now know Gabban was Roger's Sanji, Roger never seriously fought WB, Small things like that.

By the way...
This is soooo stupid

By the way...
This is soooo stupid

J

Jo_Ndule

Seeing for the firsttime such a negative mood from the one piece youtuber for a chapter:

Seeing in a while since many one piece youtuber think the same way and I don´t even deny their point because I feel like the half community feel the same about this new chapter and the last one Chapter felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I can understand their feeling for that...
Oden flashbacks half way was good then it went retarded lol

Status
Not open for further replies.