Break Week One Piece - Chapter 970: Oden vs Kaido [BREAK WEEK]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ardym

yeah people Oden is a fool but stop criticizing him being fool is his fate and let me quote the legendary dark king : "Maybe there is no such thing as coincidence in this world. Maybe everything that happens is inevitable. Destiny goes on its podding way "

Nah
Kaido is talking about when Oden return
If he waged war back then when he went to strike Orochi
25 years ago. He is talking about 5 years ago (prior this flashback)

It's not about Moriah
The Kaido/Moria wae happened after Oden got back to Wano. However, it was before Oden finally decided to kill Kaido. He’s talking about if Oden has struck in that time period, right as Kaido has come away with a win over Moria. Nothing else happens that would have caused a shortage of Kaido’s forces during that time frame. He was talking about the fight against Moria. By the time Oden finally decided to move, it was too late.

okay whatever the deal was
1) oden doesnt regret his choices
2) it involves kaido and ship

okay Ill just shot:
oden ask kaido to help him open the border, making ship easier to enter the country.
kinda makes sense because in the present time beast pirate is under the impression that the 9 scabbards are under the impression of knowing what happened in the laugh tale
:kayneshrug: This is what you get
You do 5 years of piracy and you think you are now a veteran pirate
You spent your times on the sea with Kind pirates like WB and Roger, you got too soft by thinking you can trust any pirate.

ODEN PLAYED AMATEUR PIRATE GAME
Kaido had piracy experience and tactics over him
He lost war 25 years ago already by being a fool, then lost again 20 years ago by fighting naively.

:whitepress: NEWGATE SHOILD TEACH HIS COMMANDERS how to survive against Monsters
Marco attacked Teach naively a year after MF war, trying to avenge Teacg... got clapped
Oden naively fighting Kaido,...boiled
Ace naively attacking Akainu despite told not to... fisted
Oden is like the vinsmokes geting bambozled by Big mom and Luffy's pirate shenaningan.

I hope orochi try these type of shit again just to be lol-noped by luffy

okay whatever the deal was
1) oden doesnt regret his choices
2) it involves kaido and ship

okay Ill just shot:
oden ask kaido to help him open the border, making ship easier to enter the country.
kinda makes sense because in the present time beast pirate is under the impression that the 9 scabbards are under the impression of knowing what happened in the laugh tale

Oden is like the vinsmokes geting bambozled by Big mom and Luffy's pirate shenaningan.

I hope orochi try these type of shit again just to be lol-noped by luffy
Luffy agrees.

Timeskip of 5 years.

:feelsokeman:

I hope wano makes people drop one piece, so OG ppls can finally have discussion NOT about power level .

pretentious youtubers, plastic fans, naruto and bleach fan who FOMO-ed here, drop.

one piece is as huge as it is exactly because it is a DECONSTRUCTION of a typical power level fighting shonen.

and look at this :

nothing in there focuses on power level escalation anymore apart from some . Just accept it even shonen has moved on from those type of storitelling.

just need to get it out of my chest. OJ used to be awsome and not filled with zombies

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This chapter was actually really engaging, but I couldn't help being bothered by the arrangement Oden made with Kaido and Orochi. Translation was a bit spotty, so I'll wait for the officials to delve deeper, but the hints it involved casualities is not a good sign it was a good agreement. People were already dying in Wano. Innocent lives would've been lost regardless. And in those 5 years, Oden took no action. This has to be addressed in a way that's satisfying, because last chapter is leaving a bad after taste, and threatens to hurt the whole arc.

People often say "If it's one-on-one, Kaido will win." On land, sea, and air... among all living things, he is a pirate who is known as the "strongest creature"!!!

What is Oda doing? Why is he showing us Kaido jobbing right before Onigashima when he's supposed to be building hype?
He built hype when he had Kaido demolish Luffy. Nothing that happened this chapter changes that.

S

Shura

People often say "If it's one-on-one, Kaido will win." On land, sea, and air... among all living things, he is a pirate who is known as the "strongest creature"!!!

What is Oda doing? Why is he showing us Kaido jobbing right before Onigashima when he's supposed to be building hype?
he is messing with his fandom....bringing back hype won't take more than 1 chapter.....

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
#OnePiecefanlogic

Fan 1:Mihawk is stronger than his rival Shanks because he's WSS.

Fan 2: No shit, they were equals over thireeeeeeen years ago. It doesn't mean shit now, Shanks went on to become a Yonko in the meantime. Even though he lost his dominant arm, He's leaps above what he was when he rivaled Mihawk because he's Yonko now.

Fan 1: Current Kaido must be much stronger than he was during his fight with Oden. I mean there is a 20 year gap during which he's constantly trying to make his crew the strongest, became a Yonko, became WSS as well as the one on one king of the verse since WB's death. :goyea:

Fan 2: No way Kaido is significantly stronger.:giogio:

Me :pepeke:

Amazing chapter.

So kaido basically confirms there is a traitor most likely among the 9 scabbards. i don't think its shinobu otherwise she wouldn't be helping oden in this chapter.

Damn looks at young shinou, what does old age do to women in one piece lmao.

The calamities (seeing king and queen here) were pretty damn strong even back then when they were taking on the 9 scabbards all at the same time.

Oden is an actual monster holy shit, i don't know why people are suprised to see him being on equal footing with kaido when just in this flashback we see him going toe to toe with whitebeard, and taking a named attack from the pirate king and getting back up a few seconds later. I cant stand that witch lady how the hell did she get to touch momo's face for her to mimic his face.

So when kaido does get slashed we see the x mark and its not only enma what's causing the damage, its seems to be the Ame no habikiri as well.

This basically means the kaido from 20 years ago in wano when he fought oden wasn't as strong as he is in the current time, it will be interesting what fights did he have that made him get stronger over the years.

So it seems like the scabbards and oden would be excuted in 3 days we know the scabbards are all live other then maybe denjiro so they must've escape somehow and there was maybe another fight before its all said and done.

G

Gran D. Master

#OnePiecefanlogic

Fan 1:Mihawk is stronger than his rival Shanks because he's WSS.

Fan 2: No shit, they were equals over thireeeeeeen years ago. It doesn't mean shit now, Shanks went on to become a Yonko in the meantime. Even though he lost his dominant arm, He's leaps above what he was when he rivaled Mihawk because he's Yonko now.

Fan 1: Current Kaido must be much stronger than he was during his fight with Oden. I mean there is a 20 year gap during which he's constantly trying to make his crew the strongest, became a Yonko, became WSS as well as the one on one king of the verse since WB's death. :goyea:

Fan 2: No way Kaido is significantly stronger.:giogio:

Me :pepeke:
Ermmmm... it doesn't matter what status/title Shanks has as long as Mihawk is canonically the WSS

Status
Not open for further replies.