Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things:

- Black Maria calls Ulti, "Ully", indicating that she makes nicknames for people younger than her/who she deems "cute". Its possible she is using "Bocchan" this way about Yamato. It really depends on how much older Black Maria is compared to Yamato and if she tends to give "cute" nicknames to people.
I don't think that's how that word works, but we'll see in a few chapters ^^.

- Yamato being the Ace or not does not remove the idea that an Ace still exists. The value is still peculiarly missing from Kaido's current crew rankings, and he is "Governer General", showing that there is a gap between him and King. If the Numbers appear and there is no "1" number, then it makes it even more peculiar.
Imo it's very unlikely that there is an "Ace" if it it doesn't end up being Yamato. For the following reasons:
- Boa Huang implied that that Kaidou only has 3 All Stars this chapter
- We've already had a chapter explicitly for introducing us to all of the beast pirates and there has been no sign of an Ace
- Adding a character stronger than the calamities doesn't really add anything to the story and just makes an already seemingly impossible task even more difficult for the alliance.

That said, we might end up having a "1" from the numbers instead of an "Ace" but yh I agree not having an "Ace" character is a bit odd given the beast pirates card deck theme.

- I'm personally surprised the leader of the Mimiwarigumi didn't get namedropped with Fukurokuju, he seems to be just as prominent. Both groups were established as the Samurai and Ninja guards for Orochi last chapter, but only Fukurokuju is mentioned. Maybe he still will and Oda left the dialogue out on purpose.
Which was what I thought as well prior to this chapter, but with Fukurokuju being singled out, you have to wonder if both have the same standing amongst Orochi's forces. Still, I hope he ends up being strong as I think it'd be a real shame if Zoro doesn't duke it out with a strong Samurai on Wano regardless of whether he ends up fighting King or not. I mean there was Gyukimaru but he was taken out relatively easily by Nitoryuu Zoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.