Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIZ version kinda makes it seem like King was talking to Who's Who and Sasaki specifically when he said the bit about being former captains. If that's how it is, then it raises some questions about Black Maria, Ulti, and Page One. They could still be former captains, or they could have been brought into Kaido's crew when they were young ala Law/Baby 5/Buffalo/Dellinger. Guess we will have to wait and see what their backstories entail.

S

stealthblack

Big mom and Kaidou are Rita Repulsa and Lord Z.

Lord Z even had a gigantic dragon zord that was owning everything. It only had one weakness, was comsuming too much fuel, just like kaidou drinking much.
Post automatically merged:

everybody wants to see Sanji face off against Queen or rematch with Page One, but it'll probably just end up like this:
Everyone wants Zoro to fight king and kaidou, but he will probably just end up sucking orochi's will of the D.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
VIZ version kinda makes it seem like King was talking to Who's Who and Sasaki specifically when he said the bit about being former captains. If that's how it is, then it raises some questions about Black Maria, Ulti, and Page One. They could still be former captains, or they could have been brought into Kaido's crew when they were young ala Law/Baby 5/Buffalo/Dellinger. Guess we will have to wait and see what their backstories entail.
Technically, X-Drake is a former pirate captains too, but king didnt mention it. So i think who'who,sasaki, and x-drake was a former pirate captain.

But yeah, we need to see how black maria,ulti, and page one become flying six if they wasn't former pirate captains.

I am certain that King said they were all former pirate captains.

When addressing Who's-Who and Sasaki, he meant the least likely to show up. Once it's the "former pirate captain line," he meant those who want a swing at the Lead Performer, which is all of them considering the challenge is for all of them.

The hierarchy so far:

Captain Healdiners
Tobi Roppo Who's-Who - Who's-Who Crew
Tobi Roppo Sasaki -> Sasaki's Crew
Tobi Roppo Black Maria -> Black Maria's Crew
Tobi Roppo Page One -> Page One's Crew
Tobi Roppo Ulti -> Ulti's Crew
Tobi Roppo X Drake -> Drake Pirates
Scotch -> Scotch's Pirate Crew
Basil Hawkins -> Hawkins Pirates
Scratchmen Apoo -> On-Air Pirates

Gifter Headliners
Bao Huang -> Gifters/Waiters.Pleasures
Babanuki -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Dobon -> Gifters/Waiters/ Pleausres
Daifugo -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Solitaire -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Holdem -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Speed -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Sheepshead -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Ginrummy ->Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I am certain that King said they were all former pirate captains.

When addressing Who's-Who and Sasaki, he meant the least likely to show up. Once it's the "former pirate captain line," he meant those who want a swing at the Lead Performer, which is all of them considering the challenge is for all of them.

The hierarchy so far:

Captain Healdiners
Tobi Roppo Who's-Who - Who's-Who Crew
Tobi Roppo Sasaki -> Sasaki's Crew
Tobi Roppo Black Maria -> Black Maria's Crew
Tobi Roppo Page One -> Page One's Crew
Tobi Roppo Ulti -> Ulti's Crew
Tobi Roppo X Drake -> Drake Pirates
Scotch -> Scotch's Pirate Crew
Basil Hawkins -> Hawkins Pirates
Scratchmen Apoo -> On-Air Pirates

Gifter Headliners
Bao Huang -> Gifters/Waiters.Pleasures
Babanuki -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Dobon -> Gifters/Waiters/ Pleausres
Daifugo -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Solitaire -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Holdem -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Speed -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Sheepshead -> Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
Ginrummy ->Gifters/Waiters/Pleasures
We need to see how exactly what king meant by this conversation.

This is interesting if Black Maria was a former pirate captain too, but Page One and ulti might be in the same pirates group (Page One is the captain, Ulti is the vice captain or vice versa).

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Well there is a theory going around that she's from Amazon Lily; I don't subscribe to it though. Nothing says she couldn't of been born in the New World etc...
I mean Marigold, Sandersonia, and Aphelandra might had similar height to Maria. There is still a possibility if Maria from Amazon Lily.

And the fact that she might had ancient zoan hebi - hebi no mi : Titanoboa make that theory more relevant to her. I mean we knew that elder nyon (Gloriosa) was the empress of the Amazon Lily.

Did she said she left amazon lily to seeking for love? If she does, she might had a child and that child might be Black Maria. But who knows, that is just my thoughts.

I mean Marigold, Sandersonia, and Aphelandra might had similar height to Maria. There is still a possibility if Maria from Amazon Lily.

And the fact that she might had ancient zoan hebi - hebi no mi : Titanoboa make that theory more relevant to her. I mean we knew that elder nyon (Gloriosa) was the empress of the Amazon Lily.

Did she said she left amazon lily to seeking for love? If she does, she might had a child and that child might be Black Maria. But who knows, that is just my thoughts.
Pretty sure Black Maria dwarfs either of them, just not comparable.

We need to see how exactly what king meant by this conversation.
He mentioned Sasaki and Who's-Who as notable examples of those who'd not head his calls. As soon as he says "former pirate captains," he got back to addressing everyone as Drake was a former captain himself.

This is interesting if Black Maria was a former pirate captain too, but Page One and ulti might be in the same pirates group (Page One is the captain, Ulti is the vice captain or vice versa).
They'd be like the DeCalvin Brothers, which I could see.

Best Sanji meme of all times :cheers:

Congrats
well, i got another one but i feel like it's a bit too harsh, ain't really a sanji hater but i love stupid shit like this lmao :suresure:

Post automatically merged:

back on topic though, can we really consider Drake a former pirate captain like Who's Who and Sasaki? his crew isn't disbanded but more so integrated into the Beasts Pirates itself, much like how Bege was still the Firetanks pirates captain despite being allied under Big Mom's wing.

i think for Who and Sasaki, it's more a case of "Moria" where they faced off against Kaido in the past, fought him, lost their crew, and unlike Moria, they submitted to Kaido and earned his respect over time.

it's what Kaido likes doing afterall, defeating strong opponents and instead of killing them he breaks their spirit and persuades them into working with him, through sheer brute force.

that cannot be said for Drake, however, his Red Flag pirate crew is still there as far as we know. (also aren't they all undercover marines like him too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.