Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read any posts in this thread, but...

Pound being alive is an intentional insult by Oda to readers of OP.

When I read Pound's "death" scene I got the feels. Now Oda mocks me for having felt something about a thing that didn't actually take place.

And no, it's not on me for not "interpreting it right". Oda fully knew what he was doing, he wanted us to perceive it as a death scene. I think Oda wants to stand out among authors and go down in history as someone who created this fantastical world where he has this unique approach to giving all characters a "second chance". Unique in that regard, yes. I'm afraid though that it would only be uniquely stupid.

------------------------

I like the Kaido/underlings dynamic this chapter. Kaido comes across as pretty chill and approachable to his underlings. Despite his fearsomeness, Kaido's underlings, no matter their level, aren't shivering in his presence. And because of that they can operate to the best of their ability. Even when Ulti was giving him an earful he kept his cool. Portrays him as confident and selective about what to get angry about, and thus more dangerous as an antagonist. A crew forged through conviction rather than fear is radiating fear only outwards.

The reasoning for splitting up the SH was a shitshow, not gonna even touch that.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Haven't read any posts in this thread, but...

Pound being alive is an intentional insult by Oda to readers of OP.

When I read Pound's "death" scene I got the feels. Now Oda mocks me for having felt something about a thing that didn't actually take place.

And no, it's not on me for not "interpreting it right". Oda fully knew what he was doing, he wanted us to perceive it as a death scene. I think Oda wants to stand out among authors and go down in history as someone who created this fantastical world where he has this unique approach to giving all characters a "second chance". Unique in that regard, yes. I'm afraid though that it would only be uniquely stupid.

------------------------

I like the Kaido/underlings dynamic this chapter. Kaido comes across as pretty chill and approachable to his underlings. Despite his fearsomeness, Kaido's underlings, no matter their level, aren't shivering in his presence. And because of that they can operate to the best of their ability. Even when Ulti was giving him an earful he kept his cool. Portrays him as confident and selective about what to get angry about, and thus more dangerous as an antagonist. A crew forged through conviction rather than fear is radiating fear only outwards.

The reasoning for splitting up the SH was a shitshow, not gonna even touch that.
This scene looks like Dad trying to solve his children problem where, King and Jack are older brothers and Flying six are younger siblings who want new shoes like the older ones xD

Which is why, this makes his crew a lot more interesting than that other particular incompetent Yonko crew *coughBigMemecough*

If you want another evedince that something like that can be accomplished... OR HINTED AT through cannon panel
it's Luffy vs Enel
There was a scene where Luffy was trying to figure out a way to deal with Enel observation haki.... where he switches his mind off.... Gumo Gumo no Air head if I recall correctly or something like that...

And Luffy started to basically dodge without being read through Enel's observation... the problem with Luffy was he couldn't think about attacking in that state

BUT THEN AGAIN... We go to Zou arc, and we have Pedro and many other minks... hiding in trees surrounding Luffy.... And then when they all retreated which was a HUGE AMOUNT of Mink army... Luffy said something like "I couldn't sense them"

So... there definitely is WAYS to actually counter "Future sight" through different means than training your observation to become able to see future as well

Those means MUST BE training yourself to a point where you manage to be able to "hide your presence"... so that your Aura of will/Energy/presence cannot be sensed by your enemy... and thus you can counter future sight user without being able to have future sight yourself.... because the enemy cannot sense your presence/intent of will... thus cannot predict your future movement...

I want to believe that Sanji will show something like this instead of developing future sight.... because he was being chased by Okama WHO WERE HAKI USERS... for 2 straight years... so for him to be able to get some sleep at night.... He had to find similar ways of hiding his presence... I think (finger crossed) LOL

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
If you want another evedince that something like that can be accomplished... OR HINTED AT through cannon panel
it's Luffy vs Enel
There was a scene where Luffy was trying to figure out a way to deal with Enel observation haki.... where he switches his mind off.... Gumo Gumo no Air head if I recall correctly or something like that...

And Luffy started to basically dodge without being read through Enel's observation... the problem with Luffy was he couldn't think about attacking in that state

BUT THEN AGAIN... We go to Zou arc, and we have Pedro and many other minks... hiding in trees surrounding Luffy.... And then when they all retreated which was a HUGE AMOUNT of Mink army... Luffy said something like "I couldn't sense them"

So... there definitely is WAYS to actually counter "Future sight" through different means than training your observation to become able to see future as well

Those means MUST BE training yourself to a point where you manage to be able to "hide your presence"... so that your Aura of will/Energy/presence cannot be sensed by your enemy... and thus you can counter future sight user without being able to have future sight yourself.... because the enemy cannot sense your presence/intent of will... thus cannot predict your future movement...

I want to believe that Sanji will show something like this instead of developing future sight.... because he was being chased by Okama WHO WERE HAKI USERS... for 2 straight years... so for him to be able to get some sleep at night.... He had to find similar ways of hiding his presence... I think (finger crossed) LOL
Wow, that is in-depth. Thank you too!

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Honest question: Who is actually hyped about the war right now?
Once again being reminded that literally NOBODY in OP dies or faces any kind of consequences, this upcoming "war" just feels completely meaningless.
Thats insane when one cover story just change all of the mindset about "dead" in the future one piece fight/war.

But i hope in this war someone really dead. (Not some Pound BS)

Status
Not open for further replies.