Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homelander

An aspect of good world building is to have it feel believable. Death is one way to that. When Oda keeps a bunch of characters who should've died alive, it actively hurts the believability of his world.

Kinda ruins the rest of the chapter for me, tbh.
Well one piece is not Game of thrones . If it were set in real life like situation trust me luffy wont last in new world .

H

Homelander

It doesn't have to be realistic. Only believable. Anyway, it's less that they're alive that bothers me and more that Oda wrote a death scene for them only to go back on it.
Well i am not sure how pound is alive ? We'll have to wait ! Maybe he has devil fruit powers .

I do think it was great death scene however oda does not want one piece to be dark themed and limit to family friendly manga.

An aspect of good world building is to have it feel believable. Death is one way to that. When Oda keeps a bunch of characters who should've died alive, it actively hurts the believability of his world.

Kinda ruins the rest of the chapter for me, tbh.
Maybe Pound is on the verge of dying, and after he finally meets his two daughters he will finally pass away peacefully.

Who I'm I kidding if Pound is injured, Mansherry is going to heal him and everything will be all good.

About the supposed dead characters coming back in the story. I just conaider it like a characteriatic of Oda, I don't like it at all but at rhis point we know Oda does this almost all the time sobthevresult in the long run is just that when I see a secondary character supposely die (Pound, Monet, mr 2 etc.) I don't give it much weight.

With this reveal imo at this point, if it is actually Pound coming back like it seems, we can be almost sure to see Monet again in a cover story or something, not that somebody should care.

I can't stand Carrot into the SH but I prefer watching the bunny girl starring for 300+ chapters than sully Pedro good name
How can Pedro coming back sully his good name?
If anything, imo with him coming back, it will prove that he is stronger than what he seemed last time. His death was dissapointing powerlevel wise, he got completeyly outmatched by Perospero and later got literally stomped by him! Perospero, that is not even YC level character!!

The dukes can go matching YC3 Jack in 5 days, yet Pedro got stomped by Veteran Perospero in some minutes.

I was hoping his last chance he would return along with Jinbe, getting some focus, revealing sulong form, and got lifespan back from Big Mom who coincidentally also present in this arc. But now it's gone, Jinbe has appeared but without bringing him

Status
Not open for further replies.