Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

critical mindset

If Apoo is the musician of the crew then he doesn’t have an official rank. It’s an indispensable role in its own right lol. He might be F6 material or higher but just has a pretty lax role where no one threatens his standing. He may not make use of his ability as often as the other officers, but keeping up his strength is a necessity, fine tuning his lethal ability by practicing his music. Any unwanted party crashers, beware

Great chapter
I feel like its fast paced(immediately fight)
Zoro entry and kid reaction was over top :D
Finnally have Apo v Kid
I love when we see more Gifters (as i rembemberer these arent special group of gifters) and its very interesting
I don't think this fight with Apo gonna last long
Queen doing same thing what Flying Six doing replacing one another (i think its one of stronger of them Who Who or Sasaki)

Great chapter
I feel like its fast paced(immediately fight)
Zoro entry and kid reaction was over top :D
Finnally have Apo v Kid
I love when we see more Gifters (as i rembemberer these arent special group of gifters) and its very interesting
I don't think this fight with Apo gonna last long
Queen doing same thing what Flying Six doing replacing one another (i think its one of stronger of them Who Who or Sasaki)
Facial expressions are a must in this chap

And the overall plot was original and unexpected

Really a surprise overall ~

He just focused a lot on Zoro because he wasn't in WCI and yet he couldn't even achieve simple goals such as gathering the samurai or defeating an enemy. Luffy is always on the stage so the only way to give Zoro some attention is to make him appear along Luffy as much as he can :hihihi:
Zoro is stupid, Sanji is way more intelligent than Zoro...yet....

And oh boy...

Also you brought up that Zoro wasn't in WCI, so, in the 6th Popularity Poll Zoro who wasn't even in the manga for 2 years got 2nd position whereas Sanji, remember guys WCI was supposed to be his year and yet in his year he couldn't score 2nd position, (Luffy is always 1st)
Zoro:

Sanji:

:wellwell::wellwell::wellwell:

A fun chapter. Sad though since I just happened to come across this moment from Drum Kingdom during a reread.

Sucks that stuff like this was just a useless throwaway, feigning development, since in reality absolutely nothing changed in the long run. Instead of Luffy developing for the better and not being a "failure of a captain", the entire alliance has to work around Luffy and his impulsiveness.

Also all the stuff with Tama came across as very forced. But regardless, Luffy and Zoro were still fun with their run in with Apoo and then Kid getting involved. Maybe next chapter we will see more of what Kid's crew can do before the engagement gets broken off.

I readed some comments and discussed this chapter with some friends from op I gave this chapter awful rank we didn't see much about whats happening , all we saw is that ( oda tried to show us how strong hyped appo is [ in fact hes a weakling in my opinion ] ) one music punch luffy KO , 1 punch zoro cuted into X lol comeone this was bad chapter I didn't like it at all making luffy pass out so fast is a troll …

Zoro is stupid, Sanji is way more intelligent than Zoro...yet....

And oh boy...

Also you brought up that Zoro wasn't in WCI, so, in the 6th Popularity Poll Zoro who wasn't even in the manga for 2 years got 2nd position whereas Sanji, remember guys WCI was supposed to be his year and yet in his year he couldn't score 2nd position, (Luffy is always 1st)
Zoro:

Sanji:

:wellwell::wellwell::wellwell:
Sanji never promise to gather the samurai and he is a pervert, so :kayneshrug:

Polls have no meaning, Sabo is in the top 10:milaugh:
Moreover Sanji and Zoro were separated by just two hundreds votes :gonope:

Some of those smile users have nice designs I wonder who of them are headliners.Luffy and Zoro definitely need back up(unless they start busting high end moves,that would be a bad idea given that their main battles are ahead),because they will get run over by the sheer number of BPs,shit load of weaker high tiers is no joke.I remember back then in WCI Jinbei said that he couldn't hold much longer while fighting weaker BM kids.Hope that there is were Kidd and his crew step in,till other members of alliance come.

Apoo has really one hax DF,can't wait to see more from it,he is really pain in the ass to deal with if you don't have defensive type of DF.I have weird feeling that he will in the end also betray Kaido.

I wonder were are his crew mates(always loved the fat dude and the chick),hope Oda also introduce them in Wano

About Kid DFs,I hope there is more to it,other then creating big metal arms.

Last edited:
This was largely a hype chapter for Apoo - in terms of powerscaling it doesn't affect anything. Luffy and Zoro were used as hype tools while setting up Kid vs Apoo.

Apoo's ability is hax without knowledge. It's sound-based so if you're unaware your only options are to attack him before he can use it like Kid or to out-range him. As for why Luffy got hit, there are two reasons:
A) FS doesn't help against Apoo's ability in that scenario because the attack is sound-based and if you don't know that you can't dodge. So when Luffy was attacked the 2nd time, in the future he would've seen himself explode but even if he tried to dodge he'd still explode because the attack is tracking and he can still hear the music.

B) Haki is a finite resource and Luffy is trying to conserve his FS for when he needs it. He stated versus Katakuri that he could've waited for Kuri's Haki to run out and Luffy uses Haki at faster rates when he's all-out due to G4, FS and advanced CoA all draining his Haki. And he needs everything he's got vs Kaido so he's got to fight conservatively.

Considering Luffy didn't mention FS it's likely he didn't use it at all but regardless, it (somewhat) makes sense. Both Luffy and Zoro are trying to conserve their energy for Kaido.

Status
Not open for further replies.