Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, that was a sick chapter. Really good. Luffy is just a damn badass (also his name for Ulti is lol), and the respect those samurai showed to him...pretty awesome, and Kaido himself called Luffy out as he flew up. I feel bad for the punishment the scabbards are going to receive, but Luffy’s about to wreck shit.

I can’t necessarily say that I like the scabbards fighting Kaido in Luffy’s place initially, but I get the emotional weight behind it. What I will say though, is what this does, is it probably eliminates the theme where Luffy loses multiple times. The scabbards are going to lose and lose badly, but before Kaido kills them, Luffy, Law, Kid, and Marco are going to save them and take it to the finish against Kaido and Big Mom. The alliance won’t fail. This is it.

Also, Nami being a badass was great, plus we finally got Jinbe in the colorspread! Luffy was surrounded on either side by his two strongest members of the crew (Zoro and Jinbe), and surrounded on either side by his right and left hand (Zoro and Nami, who was riding on Jinbe’s back). Really good spread.

Phew, that was a sick chapter. Really good. Luffy is just a damn badass (also his name for Ulti is lol), and the respect those samurai showed to him...pretty awesome, and Kaido himself called Luffy out as he flew up. I feel bad for the punishment the scabbards are going to receive, but Luffy’s about to wreck shit.

I can’t necessarily say that I like the scabbards fighting Kaido in Luffy’s place initially, but I get the emotional weight behind it. What I will say though, is what this does, is it probably eliminates the theme where Luffy loses multiple times. The scabbards are going to lose and lose badly, but before Kaido kills them, Luffy, Law, Kid, and Marco are going to save them and take it to the finish against Kaido and Big Mom. The alliance won’t fail. This is it.

Also, Nami being a badass was great, plus we finally got Jinbe in the colorspread! Luffy was surrounded on either side by his two strongest members of the crew (Zoro and Jinbe), and surrounded on either side by his right and left hand (Zoro and Nami, who was riding on Jinbe’s back). Really good spread.
Youre being way too optimistic about saying this is it mate.I want out of wano but i dont want bs fairy tail powerups either.
Post automatically merged:

nah roger > kaido
kaido used a distraction to land a decisive hit. nothing more. oden isnt a tank like he is.
The same guy who was getting dragged through a chain for days through storms,enraged seas and whatever else? And also took a named attack from roger with a bloody lip, and surviving boiling hotter than magma for 1h to then through all of his scabbards away not being a tank? Lanji pls ;-;
I agree that roger>=kaido/bm/shanks/admirals/mihawk tho.

I don't think Snack would one shot Ulti or any Flying Six either. Now if it turns out that Yamato and Ulti are pretty much neck and neck in strength in these upcoming chapters, and Yamato can't finish her off in a reasonable amount of time, then yeah, Vet level for sure. If she mollywhops Ulti, then she raises a few notches.
People are underestimating this so called "Vet Level". We don't the full extent of those characters, None of the Tobi Roppo or Big Mom's ministers have actually been defeated yet. They take hits and get right back up, Ulti using that mace tells us she had more to offer when she fought luffy, And She was able to push luffy into Gear 4 with her physical strength alone, Luffy literally said in the Viz, "her powers too strong". These Vet level characters are stronger than people realize. Its not easy to defeat characters on that Tobi Roppo/Minister tier.

I still don’t like how Oda is presenting Yamato ...

She barely met luffy like less than half a day ago (maybe even hours) and yet she’s speaking like she knew Him for quite the time?!

If Oda made her look like a character who’s entire focus at the moment is to take down her father (Kaido), it would have made sense. Why would someone take the word of a pirate you just met of taking down Kaido for granted and treat him like if they were knowing each other for years? This pretty much is a Character promotion That has in no way any depth For making sense ...

We had a traitor among the samurai a few chapters back (on both sides too), luffy has every right to not trust Yamato who’s not only one of the samurai that stayed at ongishima but also shes someone luffy know’s absolutely nothing about except she’s Kaido’s offspring ... What she said about Kaido’s Torturing her could be a lie as far as what luffy knows.

Oda is shitting on everything, remember the time when Neko told The SH “This is power” when BM threatened Sanji about killing all the chefs in the Baratie and killing Zeff? You would think the Yonkos took such a fall in the “intelligence“ aspect they used to have, to the point samurai among their ranks start flipping on them and no one even imagined such things would happen ... Bullshit.

Yamato lived a prisoner her whole life, not to mention, she was a prisoner in a Closed off country, where even free people don’t get to know what’s happening around in the world. To top this thing off, she just met a pirate who claims he wants to take Kaido down and now she’s trusting him completely? For fuck sake really Oda?

this is just rubbing me the wrong way, luffy is not supposed to need this kind of support anymore! At least not so obviously!
since the start of the raid, no samurai (good side) ever said ”Hey, look! it’s Yamato! Kaido’s daughter who always stood against her father and cared for the people of wano”

Rather we got a buncha Kaido’s men saying “your father has been attacked, Young Master Yamato!” Another reason why Luffy shouldn’t trust her just yet.

”I don’t care if my father is killed”
Again, Wrong.

If you truly see him evil, and you want nothing to do with him, in fact, if you want to take him down, or even kill him, the obvious first thing to do is to psychologicaly prepare first by severing this Father-Daughter bond, instead of “I don’t care if my father is killed” she should have said something like “I don’t care if that Monster is killed or if that man is killed”

Kaido is not a piece of shit character, he‘s a pirate, he’s supposed to be ruthless and evil, even Kine’mon said luffy (who’s good-hearted) is not like you all (other pirates, supposedly evil)

on this basis, Yamato saying something like “I don’t care if my father is killed” won’t make me think you are a good-hearted character Yamato, we still don’t know anything about you, plus, you hate your father right? I’ve never seen a child hating her monsterous, ruthless, Cold-blooded Killer father but repeatedly keeps referring to him as father. Just no.

Oda is so desperately trying to make us like Yamato, like he’s saying, you like luffy? How about I make Yamato treat luffy Like they trust each other in the Next chapter? Even though it wouldn’t make any sense but whatever.
You hate Kaido cuz he’s bad, right? How about I let Yamato (who no one Of the good samurai ever heard of) say she hates “her father!” and no one would ever even Doubt her but instead let’s all love her even though everything seems forced and senseless.

See The pattern -> Luffy’s good, Kaido’s bad, Yamato likes Luffy and hates Kaido .. That’s why we should All love Yamato!

Do you like her yet, Do ya? Doo ya?

She should have been like Ashura-douji at the beginning of the arc. A powerful character that is independent and has his own goals that later found a new (old) goal and joined up with people who all have the same goal. You feel like the stage has been prepared for him to smoothly join up with the RS and luffy.

Yamato presentation is very forced for me ... not like this Oda.

If Yamato doesn’t turn out to be on Kaido’s side or Oda pull up something really impressive with her, I’ll be really disappointed for such a Character with such potential To be ruined like This.

Last edited by a moderator:

She barely met luffy like less than half a day ago (maybe even hours) and yet she’s speaking like she knew Him for quite the time?!

If Oda made her look like a character who’s entire focus at the moment is to take down her father (Kaido), it would have made sense. Why would someone take the word of a pirate you just met of taking down Kaido for granted and treat him like if they were knowing each other for years? This pretty much a Character promotion That has in no way any depth For making sense ...

We had a traitor among the samurai a few chapters back (on both sides too), luffy has every right to not trust Yamato who’s not only one of the samurai that stayed at ongishima but also shes someone luffy know’s absolutely nothing about except she’s Kaido’s offspring ... What she said about Kaido’s Torturing her could be a lie as far as what luffy knows.

Oda is shitting on everything, remember the time when Neko told The SH “This is power” when BM threatened Sanji about killing all the chefs in the Baratie and killing Zeff? You would think Yonko took such such a fall in the “intelligence“ department since that time, to the point samurai among their ranks start flipping on them and no one even imagined such things would happen ... Bullshit.

Yamato lived a prisoner her whole life, not to mention, she was a prisoner in Closed off country, where even free people don’t get to know what’s happening around in the world. To top this thing off, she just met a pirate who claims he wants to take Kaido down and now she’s trusting him completely? For fuck sake really Oda?

this is just rubbing me the wrong way, luffy is not supposed to need this kind of support anymore! At least not so obviously!
since the start of the raid, no samurai (good side) ever said ”Hey, look! it’s Yamato! Kaido’s daughter who always stood against her father and cared for the people of wano”

Rather we got a buncha Kaido’s men saying “your father has been attacked, Young Master Yamato!” Another reason why Luffy shouldn’t trust her just yet.

Again, Wrong.

If you truly see him evil, and you want nothing to do with him, in fact, if you want to take him down, or even kill him, the obvious first thing to do is to psychologicaly prepare first by severing this Father-Daughter bond, instead of “I don’t care if my father is killed” she should have said something like “I don’t care if that Monster is killed or if that man is killed”

Kaido is not a piece of shit character, he‘s a pirate, he’s supposed to be ruthless and evil, even Kine’mon said luffy (who’s good-hearted) is not like you all (other pirates, supposedly evil) on this basis, saying something like “I don’t care if my father is killed” won’t make me think you are a good-hearted character Yamato, we still don’t know anything about you, plus, you hate your father right? I’ve never seen a child hating her father but keeps referring to him as father. Just no.

Oda is so desperately trying to make us like Yamato, like he’s saying, you like luffy? How about I make Yamato treat luffy Like they trust each other Next chapter Even though it wouldn’t make any sense? You hate Kaido cuz he’s bad? How about I let Yamato (who no one Of the good samurai ever heard of) say she hates “her father!” and no one would ever even Doubt her but instead let’s all love her even though everything seems forces and senseless.

See The pattern -> Luffy’s good, Kaido’s bad, Yamato likes Luffy and hates Kaido .. That’s why we should All love Yamato!

She should have been like Ashura-douji at the beginning of the arc. A powerful character that is independent and has his own goals that later found a new (old) goal and joined up with people who all have the same goal. You feel like the stage has been prepared for him to smoothly join up with the RS and luffy.

If Yamato doesn’t turn out to be on Kaido’s side or Oda pull up something really impressive with her, I’ll be really disappointed for such a Character with such potential To be ruined like This.

I like her design, liked her but i am with you on this. She disregarded her dad pretty damn fast, and then already calls luffy on a first name basis. Will have to wait and see if she develops more.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

If Oda made her look like a character who’s entire focus at the moment is to take down her father (Kaido), it would have made sense. Why would someone take the word of a pirate you just met of taking down Kaido for granted and treat him like if they were knowing each other for years? This pretty much a Character promotion That has in no way any depth For making sense ...

Oda is shitting on everything, remember the time when Neko told The SH “This is power” when BM threatened Sanji about killing all the chefs in the Baratie and killing Zeff? You would think Yonko took such such a fall in the “intelligence“ department since that time, to the point samurai among their ranks start flipping on them and no one even imagined such things would happen ... Bullshit.

Yamato lived a prisoner her whole life, not to mention, she was a prisoner in Closed off country, where even free people don’t get to know what’s happening around in the world. To top this thing off, she just met a pirate who claims he wants to take Kaido down and now she’s trusting him completely? For fuck sake really Oda?

Again, Wrong.

Kaido is not a piece of shit character, he‘s a pirate, he’s supposed to be ruthless and evil, even Kine’mon said luffy (who’s good-hearted) is not like you all (other pirates, supposedly evil) on this basis, saying something like “I don’t care if my father is killed” won’t make me think you are a good-hearted character Yamato, we still don’t know anything about you, plus, you hate your father right? I’ve never seen a child hating her father but keeps referring to him as father. Just no.

Oda is so desperately trying to make us like Yamato, like he’s saying, you like luffy? How about I make Yamato treat luffy Like they trust each other Next chapter Even though it wouldn’t make any sense? You hate Kaido cuz he’s bad? How about I let Yamato (who no one Of the good samurai ever heard of) say she hates “her father!” and no one would ever even Doubt her but instead let’s all love her even though everything seems forces and senseless.

I’ll respond to this in full after I read the chapter, but suffice it to say, Yamato breaking supposedly long-held conventions shouldn’t automatically disqualify her from joining the crew. You don’t have to like her, but she’s clearly being set up for something greater in the series than a one-arc ally.

I’ll respond to this in full after I read the chapter, but suffice it to say, Yamato breaking supposedly long-held conventions shouldn’t automatically disqualify her from joining the crew. You don’t have to like her, but she’s clearly being set up for something greater in the series than a one-arc ally.
In Fact it’s the contrary for me, it’s because I like her so much I don’t want Oda to ruin her character like this, Oda presented her in a time when everything seems so focused on the raid on Kaido so he doesn’t have to go to her backstory ... he wanted her to be known as “A strong, daughter of a Yonko that likes luffy and the good side in general”

How I see it, Oda took the easy boring way.

Status
Not open for further replies.