Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think King is a part of the Ancient Moon Race, Bilka, that migrated to the Blue planet and created the ancient civilization. Enel is a Bilkan too. The WG wiped them out during the void century, but some still remain because they were relocated to Skypeia. Enel, after learning about the history of his ancestors from the moon drawings, will come down with a new goal of taking down the WG. And he'll have Uranus. And King will join him. That's the short version of my theory. I have more details but I don't wanna write lol :zosleepy:
I think so as well, in my theory Big Mom will have a fallout with Kaido during this arc and she will be severely injured by him to the point where she will die in a couple of weeks, her last wish will be to go to Elbaf before she dies, King will be there too somehow and they will all sing Binks's sake until Big Mom dies

Yamato is an eccentric character, her goal is she wants to be free, which is very in line with Luffy's goal to be the freest man.

She has been confined and abused her whole life by one of the most powerful characters in the world, additionally she knows secret details about Oden and his journey that the scabbards don't.

With the shadow of Kaido and Oden hanging over her she's not going to be able to be truly free, that's why the events of this war will be pivotal to her character growth, just like most Strawhats get when they get their proper introduction arcs.

Oden was crazy, ignorant and delusional at different points too.
I completely agree with you on this point, couldn’t have said it better myself. However, what about what other samurai think about Yamato? Why isn’t Oda focusing on this aspect?

Let’s say luffy sees the good in people or gave Yamato the benefit of the doubt ... what about the Samurai (especially RS)?

why aren’t they being skeptical of her? There’s nothing they know about her to prove she’s to be trusted. In fact it’s the complete opposite, she’s Kaido’s daughter, the Monster who killed their master, wouldn’t it be logical to at least make the RS Suspicious of her at least for the few moments before they flew off with Kaido?

why is Oda giving her a free pass on all of that?

it just adds to the already pilling complaints about Oda Forcing Yamato into the story without question marks asked about her like other characters.

Oof, French scans way behind the English today. At long last, Jinbe finally starring in a crew color spread :smithnie:. You did it big man. We getting Yamato next? I count 5 pugs but dunno how that's related to living your best life. Other than that Sanji looking like his beta design "Naruto" who was a gunslinger, Robin too impatient for the bedroom.

I could have totally seen EOS Naruto being the World's Strongest Gunman, not that there's too much competition

The Scabbards draw first blood, editor Takano crying 'cause he's a Kaidofan. Kin'emon, Denjiro, Kiku, and Ashura all got good hits. Raizo who got too greedy going for the neck failed, hard to tell with other Scabbards who were fighting Calamities and jumped in too late. Oden breaking the invincible image of Kaido in the past, the Scabbards doing in the present time is a very interesting spin on the typical formula of Luffy being the hero who first makes the villain bleed. Especially in cases where the villain's defense is emphasized like Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, and Katakuri, it's a very welcome change that in a war against two Yonko that the Strawhats can count on a strong supporting cast. This wasn't a special penetration haki effect where the hit happens on the outside, bypasses your exterior defense and damages your insides. Kaido's humanish skin was fully pierced and he lets out a shriek thinking about Oden. Imagine if Oden and his retainers all managed to live and reach their prime in the past 20 years. Akainu was right, nobody would ever mess with the land of samurai!

Kaido and Big Mom like an unhappy married couple that started sleeping in seperate rooms. Big Mom with an amused face wonders if Kaido might have suddenly been killed, with no thought to the idea that her own life might be in danger now. Kaido is next in line to give the Scabbards the speech reminding us how pirate alliances are doomed to end in betrayal. The way he has treated the Big Mom pirates and is keeping secrets like the hidden waterfall entrance, it almost seems like Kaido is prepared to be backstabbed. The best part is that another alliance has formed offscreen with partners in crime Perospero and Marco coming in with the goal to break up the current alliance. Alliance or not, the one thing keeping these Yonko on the same page is their common enemy Luffy.

While it's tempting to join the fight against Kaido, Luffy decides to stay behind with his best friend Yamato so he can stare at more sideboob. Headbutt (as Luffy calls her) is again the only Flying Six on Yamato and Luffy's tail. Yamato announces to the scrubs she's not helping Kaido and no longer on their side, which makes me question what did she ever do for the Beast Pirates to make them believe she could be counted on? Luffy makes his own bold declaration saying they're bringing down Kaido, Orochi, their executives AND Big Mom and her subordinates. That's a call for two Yonko to be defeated in Wano, no more returning to Whole Cake Island. Also Orochi as Luffy will not be fooled by cheap special effects on Snail TV! Surprisingly, Luffy tells Big Mom to move it as there's something greater deserving of his attention right now: Momo is still chained up on stage! In the heat of the battle, not one Scabbard stayed behind to set the boy free. The worst part is that Orochi is still up on stage in a perfect position to recover and threaten Momo's life again. Luckily, the alliance seems to converging in the banquet hall, Nami and Carrot freed themselves so as not be a burden, and Shinobu should be on her way to Momo liberating Luffy to be where he's needed.

Amazing twist in the battle at the end. Kaido on one knee seemingly impressed and wishing to honor what the Scabbards have accomplished, offers to take the battle 9v1 to the sky. What a nice guy. But the alliance is not so nice as there is 200 Musketeers on the roof and likely 200 Guardians that came with Neko, and it turns out the full moon is in view. They may not have Ryuo, but they don't need to now that Kaido has multiple holes in his body. These little guys can fly around Super Sonic style, find an opening to jam their blades inside one of Kaido's wounds, then discharge a large burst of electricity to deal some damage. The fact that their trump card Sulong is being used this early is worrying. Neko and Inu were not saving this ability for Jack, he's a complete afterthought and possibly a fight handed to another character like Jinbe. But the greater concern isn't that Kaido will fight and destroy Sulong, but that he may simply decide to shut it down. Kaido is confirmed to have the ability produce clouds which should block the moon simple enough. It'll be an interesting test of character to see if Kaido chooses the easy way out.

Very cool chapter featuring lots of double spreads and a picturesque Kaido + Scabbards by the moonlight. It's only the beginning of the war. Even if base Kaido's reputation has been tarnished, it will still take hundreds of attacks to bring him down like Whitebeard. Then there's his powerful Mythical Zoan which possess the tough dragon scales Oden sliced and Luffy has been training to break. On top of that, there is Zoan Awakening which has been hinted to grant a further physical boost and regeneration capabilities. And then we can't forgot that Kaido has a brain and can use his own powerful haki to block haki attacks, like Big Mom dealt with Kong Gun. Right now I am more concerned with the Calamities, these 3 no-shows need to restore their reputation ASAP. Queen was making faces but King and Jack are probably down in the stream fishing for their lost swords. Not everyone is blessed with a club that reappears and disappears like Kaido's this chapter. We're not quite at Marineford but the action and chaos is def starting to take over Wano.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you on this point, couldn’t have said it better myself. However, what about what other samurai think about Yamato? Why isn’t Oda focusing on this aspect?

Let’s say luffy sees the good in people or gave Yamato the benefit of the doubt ... what about the Samurai (especially RS)?

why aren’t they being skeptical of her? There’s nothing they know about her to prove she’s to be trusted. In fact it’s the complete opposite, she’s Kaido’s daughter, the Monster who killed their master, wouldn’t it be logical to at least make the RS Suspicious of her at least for the few moments before they flew off with Kaido?

why is Oda giving her a free pass on all of that?

it just adds to the already pilling complaints about Oda Forcing Yamato into the story without question marks asked like other characters.
What matters is what Luffy and the crew think about Yamato by the end of all this. It only shows that we need the ever expected flashback... So maybe be a bit more patient on that aspect.

About the fights, I don't think that Yamato will continue fighting Ulti, and that Carrot will take over. Who's Who might fight Nico Robin and Black Maris will fight Nami, Franky and Brook fight against Sasaki and Apoo while Jinbei fights X-Drake and Chopper fights Page One. Zoro, Sanji and Usopp vs the calamities. Everyone else vs Numbers, Headliners and Kaido

Did the cover page just confirm robin x franky? <3 . And about kaido getting hit, i think oda has established that one needs to be concentrated to use advanced haki. Its probably easier for kaido since he has been doing for so long, but he still can get frustrated(?) or so shocked that momentarily loses focus. Just my guess and overall good chapter

Frankly it's rather cheap that Kaido was injured so quickly and early in the raid and by the Scabbards even if it was to hype advanced Coa.
There is no fairness in war, my friend. It wasn't fair when Luffy was put into prison, starved, and beaten.

It is not fair that Kaido is many times heavier and taller than the rest of the Scabbards plus with one of the strongest devil fruits at his disposal. Also not fair that one of Kaido's strongest agents maimed and ripped off Inu's and Neko's limbs off. When someone starts to impose these "unfair justifications" then is it really a battle or a war to begin with?

New One Piece special illustration to celebrate Summer!! Thanks to redon from Arlong Park Forums.

I want to say one thing, that has been on my mind since 2010 (when post-skip started):

FUCK CHOPPER

Where the fuck has this cool dude, who wrecked havoc in Alabasta and Enies Lobby gone to?
Dude has been a fucking disgrace for 10 years now. Only there to sell merchandise and look "kawaii".
Heck, Oda even draws him more like a female reindeer lately (just look at that picture) and he's getting more cowardish by the day (hiding in the tank as "proud" part of the weakling trio etc), when he could use his rumble-ball forms and monster point (with one rumble ball) at will.

What about luffy though? What does he have as a proof to trust her? Some mention About his brother Ace that Yamato spoke of?

What about the scabbards? They just had a traitor among them ... they see luffy with daughter of Kaido and never have the thought of raising suspicion?

Ace told her about luffy, cool, is that enough justification for her to jump right off and help luffy vs Ulti? If it is for you, fine. But for me and many others it’s not, we hoped to see some characte build up.

one last note pal, I’ve never had a conversation with you before, if you think you can knock on people’s doors with this tone of yours then we better ignore each other, as far as I have been warned, this area contains some hotheads who can’t help but to talk in the most edgy tone and the closest to be an offense, I didn’t tag your name and I sure don’t like how you speak with me regarding a Manga.

be respectful, it’s not that hard.
Stop being salty dude your fantasy of Katakuri and Yamato being rivals of Luffy in the future won't happen, and I'm sure Yamato as a character was created to join the Straw hats eventually (just like Carrot) and you'll have to accept this fact. Only BB and Akainu are Luffy's true rivals and by the end of the series Luffy will defeat Imu surpassing those 2 as well

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
I want to say one thing, that has been on my mind since 2010 (when post-skip started):

FUCK CHOPPER

Where the fuck has this cool dude, who wrecked havoc in Alabasta and Enies Lobby gone to?
Dude has been a fucking disgrace for 10 years now. Only there to sell merchandise and look "kawaii".
Heck, Oda even draws him more like a female reindeer lately (just look at that picture) and he's getting more cowardish by the day (hiding in the tank as "proud" part of the weakling trio etc), when he could use his rumble-ball forms and monster point (with one rumble ball) at will.
Let's kill chopper and take Marco with the SHP

Let's kill chopper and take Marco with the SHP
I would be all for it - and I'm dead serious here.

When Marco healed the sphinx and other creatures, he did just as much as a doctor as Chopper has done post-skip (treating the kids on PH).

On top of that Marco has also had just as many fights as Chopper post-skip - each had one (Marco vs BMP, Chopper vs some random dude on FI).

Nobody needs Chopper. He's a coward, a wimp, a nuisance. Has Luffy even talked to him since the timeskip? Probably not more than three or four sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.