Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point in time every ancestor decided to forge their own name and path, otherwise we'd all have the same name coming from a common ancestor, considering the Germa have never helped Sanji in his life (aside from raid suit lol) and actively screwed him over many times I see no problem with Sanji trying to make a name for himself rather than rely on Vinsmoke shock value.
Let's just agree to disagree Lol

He also says oi oi oi and is chatting which kind of downplays the situation and makes it more gag based, but hey. :suresure:
Seems like a Kizaru moment.
So sanji is strong as Kizaru to make those jokes ? Only strong people can troll like this or weak people because they know their strenghts. But when people who are in middle say that, it means they are really in trouble.

After a while you have to stop making excuses for everything. People were saying aerial fight are sanji's fort but he didn't look well the two times he faced doffy and king. And now sarcasm ? :lusalty:

Nothing to be ashamed of looking bad against yc1, they are the last mountains before the beasts of One Piece.

as long as i remember, he said "redesign". not a modification.
There were different translations as I recall, some of them were "remodify"

I noticed the glasses were off by the way, but it cannot be the only change!

Maybe he can control his mask too... where he can show a mask or hide it... for cigarette purposes

Naturally since he was on stealth mission, cigarette is bad option to use lol

Great chapter

Loved the sulong transformations for the musketeers, Oda is definitely holding off Inu and Neko transformation until a few chapters

Nice to see Sanji rescue Mom, toss away Shinobu as well Clash with King. King doesn't seem to give a fuck tho lol

Yamato is really trying too hard to be Oden, kinda makes it a little cringy

The face that Luffy would dodge Big Mom's Elbaf spear instead of trying to block it is kinda telling and holy shit that destruction

I am happy for this Franky and Brook moment, but for the love of me please don't let this turn her back onto O-Lin, we don't need another Wci sitatuation in Wano

Zoan User in a Nutshell:

It's their style of fighting for me. They're constantly utilizing shapeshifting with their physical combat, changing their form for attack, defense, movement, and distraction. And demonstrated throughout the series, these transformations happen in a second, capable of rapidly changing forms with little to no effort.

It must be a trip to be up against, they change their genetic structure and body mass mid-attack, and all of a sudden, that attack you were expecting to defend against, is now exponentially several dozen times heavier and larger than what you bargained for.

It's just one of the reasons, in the One Piece world, Zoans are considered unrivaled out of the 3, in close combat quarters.

Some fear that Oda will offscreen much of the fights in Wano but I don't think so, on contrary, I think he's excited to showcase Zoans in battle scenario:
1. It's a Zoan-centric arc.
2. Zoan fruit has had the least amount of representation and expansion.
3. They can lead to fun creative battles, which I'm sure Oda can enjoy from drawing perspective .
4. And Zoans are very slept on from the community and story so far.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
There were different translations as I recall, some of them were "remodify"
I noticed the glasses were off by the way, but it cannot be the only change!
Maybe he can control his mask too... where he can show a mask or hide it... for cigarette purposes
Naturally since he was on stealth mission, cigarette is bad option to use lol
since we dont see the difference from the previous raid suit other than the glasses, its hardly to said if its redesigned.
well lets see if we got another sanji vs king next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.