• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow so funny.

also think about this, if admiral is yonkou lvl then they have 4 of them in the marine.
there would not be a yonkou at all
3rd grade logic

Now think this way:
Admirals control whole world
Yonko control only half of a grandline

Would you risk whole world's safety by sending Admirals to capture Yonko just to free up a small portion of the world?
Even the smallest % of failure could mean risk to whole world.

Imagine if there is an island on Earth where are monsters, whole world's military can eliminate them.
But there is a %chance of failure and the monsters from that island can take over the world.
Would you want the military to risk it all just to free up and island?
Or just leave the island isolated the way it is, monitoring it?

Now think this way:
Admirals control whole world
Yonko control only half of a grandline

Would you risk whole world's safety by sending Admirals to capture Yonko just to free up a small portion of the world?
Even the smallest % of failure could mean risk to whole world.

Imagine if there is an island on Earth where are monsters, whole world's military can eliminate them.
But there is a %chance of failure and the monsters from that island can take over the world.
Would you want the military to risk it all just to free up and island?
Or just leave the island isolated the way it is, monitoring it?
pre gradeschool logic.
the lore itself says that marine s7 and yonkou are equal.
I mean if you cant even understand that no point in discussing this.

• Brook just got an insane power up. As long as Ice Oni is coursing throughout his body, anybody he touches becomes infected. He should be picking on a Flying Six dino right now.

• It was very nice of Ulti to let go of Nami so the dog doesn't bite them both.

• Chopper may have figured out Ice Oni is related to body heat, but there's no way he can save himself and produce enough vaccines for the thousands in the banquet hall in under an hour. Doctor Marco and Doctor Chopper medical team up squad to the rescue.
I love this tilted angle, it reminds me of Whitebeard tipping the island with the sheer scale of his power. The clash between Marco and Big Mom sends an impact wave above Onigashima. That giant Onigashima sword looks overhyped by comparison. Maybe I was a bit too rough on Marco here. It's just after seeing all the retainers make Kaido bleed, for Marco to easily get nabbed was anticlimatic. The man knocked out Prometheus.

I don't know if it was one-shot but Big Mom clearly needs more homies because Marco will just keep knocking them out. The burd has my respect.:phoenixmarco:

Was this sequence funny to anyone else? Let me run it down: 1) Big Mom knows about Perospero's grudge against Marco, so she kindly holds Marco in place for her son to have the kill shot. 2) Perospero monologues as usual, lamenting killing Marco today because he spared him at sea and went along with his plan. 3) He talks for so long that eventually Minks jump in to claw him. 4) Big Mom is disappointed, but probably expected this, she's tired of it all and drops Marco and heads back in the skull. You just know Big Mom wants Perospero to suffer for his tendencies leaving him surrounded by enemies.

Aside from that, I am curious why Perospero thought a candy arrow was an ideal weapon against Marco. They have had history, he knows Marco can regenerate. There must be a trick to it like the candy arrow fuses to Marco's skull and he can't heal it that easily. Another amusing observation: Perospero holds the bow with his human hand and pulls back the candy arrow with his candy hand. The hand that cannot remain solid otherwise it's completely immovable. Wouldn't candy just get stuck to candy and the arrow fail to release? I'm starting to agree with Big Mom..

Queen as the #1 official unquestionable source on One Piece power scaling is an idea I might be open to. Hey Queen, who you got in a duel between Mihawk and Shanks? Thanks pal. All the man is doing is flipping through the bounty posters, he's never seen any of the Strawhats use a fraction of their full power or even met them before today.

It goes without saying that absolutely nobody aside from the Wano alliance knows Jinbe is a Strawhat yet. Even Law was shocked at that announcement. In Impel Down and Marineford, Jinbe was featured in countless line ups and nobody ever assumed he became Luffy or Whitebeard's subordinate. He is seen as an ally like Kid and Law, captain of the Sun Pirates as he has been for the last decade. Crocodile saved Ace, stalled Akainu, and helped fight Akainu standing next to all the Whitebeard Commanders, far more than what Jinbe has done in Wano and not once did anybody assume Croc defected to WB's crew. This is the kind of revelation Oda is saving to create some Queen faces among the Beast Pirates.

Never seen Zoro THIS focused on a big bad before. He was never angling Lucci, Moria, or Doflamingo like this, even though it would have been perfectly fine since some of those villains took Zoro out. Kaido and Zoro have not even met. Yasu was killed by Orochi. Kaido defeated Luffy, some Supernova, and almost blew up the Sanjihats. Zoro does now carry one of Oden's blades, part of his will to protect Wano and has a connection to his children Momo and Hiyori. It's limited but it's something. I'll be looking forward to see how Oda strengthens the bonds between these two characters in order for their battle to carry much more significance.

Not a fan of the wording here. Makes it seem like Luffy will be Pirate King because he's stubborn to a fault, making it less about Nami's absolute faith. The chapter title "Kunoichi's Oath" served as a nod to kunoichi Nami. This was Nami's Bellemere moment. Even at the cost of her own life, her mother never once denied the lives of her own daughters. These are the hard-hitting noble tragedies we experience over and over in One Piece, where a little white lie or a small action can save a character's life, but instead they choose to die honorably, falling on their own sword with their principles intact. Nami is not going to deny Luffy, she will not relinquish her faith in her own captain even if means her own doom.

Look at their dark mirror crew the Blackbeard Pirates in this situation. Captain Blackbeard would definitely be begging for his life, telling lie after lie in order to preserve his, because that's exactly what he did even before a sickly dying Whitebeard. Anything until he thinks he's safe or the opponent has dropped their guard. The Blackbeard Pirates care not for honor, they have no principles, the only morality that matters is whatever gets them ahead. It all just makes a weakling like Nami standing up in the face of it all that much more powerful.

Last edited:
The question isn't, are admirals = yonkos? The answer seems pretty obvious.
The real question is, are fleet admirals = yonkos?
The Fleet Admiral title isn't related to power level honestly.

Sengoku was likely weaker than Akainu and eventually all C3s, we also have confirmation of Prime Garp being the strongest marine during his age and look what his rank even was.

Moreover, an admiral turning fleet admiral doesn't magically increase his power level, which testifies this even further lol.

The Fleet Admiral title isn't related to power level honestly.

Sengoku was likely weaker than Akainu and eventually all C3s, we also have confirmation of Prime Garp being the strongest marine during his age and look what his rank even was.

Moreover, an admiral turning fleet admiral doesn't magically increase his power level, which testifies this even further lol.
First, Mother Caramel literally said that Big Mom had the potential to become "an admiral, maybe even a fleet admiral."
Second, Aokiji and Akainu having a fight was viewed as a valid means of deciding who should become fleet admiral.
Third, generally speaking, the head of a military organization in One Piece is usually the strongest. Obviously there are counter examples but generally this works.

So our evidence leans toward the Fleet Admiral being above the other admirals, even if the margin of difference is small.

I don't think bringing up Garp really works as a counter either since he's written to be something of an outlier. Additionally, I don't think he was THAT much stronger than Sengoku given that Roger mentioned both in the same breath during the Oden flash back.

Title "Open Wanokuni!!"

* After eating Tama's dumplings, Ulti and Page One became slaves to Tama.

* Usopp started making Smile Corps allies through Tama's dumplings.

* However, Chopper infected by Binggu becomes monstrous and is dealing damage regardless of allies or enemies.

* Usopp and Robin plan to feed Chopper with dumplings to listen to Tama's orders.

* Zoro, who broke up with Drake, is confronting the Gifters.

* Yamato's ability is revealed. Surprisingly, dragon fruit. (It seems to be a different model from Kaido)

* Sasaki seems to be simply overpowered by Yamato, and Yamato, transformed into a dragon, returns to the floor with Momonosuke and Shinobu.

* Yamato said to the Samurai and the Smile Corps, "Open Wanokuni!!" Episode 996 concludes with a shouting line.

* Closed next week
Post automatically merged:

Sounds mid as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.