Character Discussion One Piece Characters by Age

How old do you guys think Kaido, King, and Queen are?
IMO, Kaido is probably at around his mid fifties. So 55? Same age as Dragon and Akainu.
Going by Kaido referring to Big Mom as older than him, and not being an adult when Rocks died, probably 55 indeed. Seeing as how Queen was peers with Judge, he might be around the same age of 56. Same for King.

Shanks is also 39
Roger was also 39 during God Valley Incident, his End of Series/Journey fight.
Whitebeard refers to Oden as "little brother" and between the two there are 15 years of difference.

Big Mom refers to Kaido as "little brother".
Possible hint about Kaido's age?
What if there are 15 years of difference between this two as well? Then Kaido would be 53 currently (since BM is 68).

This would be consistent with Sengoku's description of Kaido as "just an apprentice", as in this way Kaido would have been 15 years old at the time of God Valley incident, just like Buggy and Shanks were 15 (apprentices) in their last year on Roger's ship.
In the 50-55 range.
60 at most.
Yeah, given how he was alive and relatively tall about 40 years ago when Kaido was with Rocks, assuming their view of an apprentice is the same as how we see it and going by the old hag line, then Kaido would probably be like 55, in the case he was 17 when Rocks passed away.
That's why the idea that "Kaido was way weaker back 20 years ago than now" is absolutely absurd. Kaido is at the very minimum 53 years old, he can't be younger than that, that means that 20 years ago he was 33 years old–the exact same age at which Shanks became Emperor. Right now Shanks is 39 years old, and he became Emperor 6 years ago, now that means that he reached top tier level at age of 33. At the time of Kaido vs Oden, Oden was 39 years old, just like Roger was 39 at the time of God Valley incident. No matter how you look at it, back 20 years ago Kaido was already top tier level and Oden mid diffed him, he literally oneshoted him. I still can't wrap my head around how absurdly strong Oda made Oden, like around 5 times more powerful than the strongest creature, that's fucking ridiculous to say the least.

That's why the idea that "Kaido was way weaker back 20 years ago than now" is absolutely absurd
Oden told Kaido to get Stronger
Ofc Kaido wasn't as Strong as Today back then, but he was still a Top Tier
Post automatically merged:

I still can't wrap my head around how absurdly strong Oda made Oden, like around 5 times more powerful than the strongest creature, that's fucking ridiculous to say the least.
You're exaggerating

Oden told Kaido to get Stronger
Ofc Kaido wasn't as Strong as Today back then, but he was still a Top Tier
Yeah, that's what I said in my thread about Kaido and Oden, of course Kaido has become stronger in the last 20 years, but the difference between Kaido back then and now is so minuscule that it isn't a factor at all.
You're exaggerating
Am I? How big should be the gap between them that Oden first fought against 1000+ people and then seamlessly mid diffed him!? The gap was huge. I can't imagine Luffy [the fucking main character] doing that.

That's why the idea that "Kaido was way weaker back 20 years ago than now" is absolutely absurd. Kaido is at the very minimum 53 years old, he can't be younger than that, that means that 20 years ago he was 33 years old–the exact same age at which Shanks became Emperor. Right now Shanks is 39 years old, and he became Emperor 6 years ago, now that means that he reached top tier level at age of 33. At the time of Kaido vs Oden, Oden was 39 years old, just like Roger was 39 at the time of God Valley incident. No matter how you look at it, back 20 years ago Kaido was already top tier level and Oden mid diffed him, he literally oneshoted him. I still can't wrap my head around how absurdly strong Oda made Oden, like around 5 times more powerful than the strongest creature, that's fucking ridiculous to say the least.
It's always been absurb. Current Kaido still thinks Oden can kill him.
Current Kaido extreme diffs the Kaido that fought Oden. He was near his prime and imo already 35 or older.

Am I? How big should be the gap between them that Oden first fought against 1000+ people and then seamlessly mid diffed him!? The gap was huge. I can't imagine Luffy [the fucking main character] doing that.
Mid Diff? Man, that's not how you judge Fights
There is a difference between Two Characters Fought each other & One Character tried to Kill another

Oden had the Power & Ability to Damage & Kill Kaido, so after he passed Kaido's Army, he landed a Hit on Kaido
That's all we saw, not to mention that it was Kaido in his Dragon Form, the guy was just breathing Fire left & right thinking no one can Harm him & then Oden came with a Powerful Attack & proved Kaido wrong, it's not what you'd call a 1 v 1 Fight

It's no different than Luffy's First Attack against Crocodile in Round 02 or against Enel when the guy thought he can't be Damaged, or against Krieg who thought Luffy can't bypass his Shield Cape ... etc the only difference is that Oden left a Permanant Scar
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, that's what I said in my thread about Kaido and Oden, of course Kaido has become stronger in the last 20 years, but the difference between Kaido back then and now is so minuscule that it isn't a factor at all.
All Scabbards were Portrayed as Equals
But 20 Years made Minks Duo, Denjiro & Asura far Surpass the other Scabbards such as Kin'emon & Kiku

Also Age doesn't indicate Prime at all
Supernova are ranged from 19 Year Old to someone in his Late 40s for example

There is no rule that says everyone reach their Prime around same Age
It's different from one to another

If the Difference was so small, Oden wouldn't tell Kaido to Grow Stronger
This Claim alone, means Kaido have still room to jump Tiers

Imo he jumped from bottom of Top Tier to Highest of Top Tier

Mid Diff? Man, that's not how you judge Fights
There is a difference between Two Characters Fought each other & One Character tried to Kill another

Oden had the Power & Ability to Damage & Kill Kaido, so after he passed Kaido's Army, he landed a Hit on Kaido
That's all we saw, not to mention that it was Kaido in his Dragon Form, the guy was just breathing Fire left & right thinking no one can Harm him & then Oden came with a Powerful Attack & proved Kaido wrong, it's not what you'd call a 1 v 1 Fight

It's no different than Luffy's First Attack against Crocodile in Round 02 or against Enel when the guy thought he can't be Damaged, or against Krieg who thought Luffy can't bypass his Shield Cape ... etc the only difference is that Oden left a Permanant Scar
Whitbeard vs Admirals wasn't 1v1 too, but I don't remember Whitbeard getting mid diffed. Even when he had heart attack and Akainu hit him spiceficly in his heart he still wasn't mid diffed. And by the way, unlike Kaido who had advantage in numbers against Oden... Oden brought with him only his 9 scabbards while Kaido had 1000 man + all stars.
not to mention that it was Kaido in his Dragon Form, the guy was just breathing Fire left & right thinking no one can Harm him & then Oden came with a Powerful Attack
Kaido fought against Admirals and other Emperors, he was also fighting against Roger and Garp in God Valley, so he pretty much knew that he can be damaged. As matter of fact, Kaido was avoiding 1v1 against Oden by all costs, I wonder why? Maybe because he knew that he can't win against Oden.

Kaido was in his Dragon from against Scabbards and Supernovas too, but I still don't remember him getting mid diffed.
All Scabbards were Portrayed as Equals
But 20 Years made Minks Duo, Denjiro & Asura far Surpass the other Scabbards such as Kin'emon & Kiku
Those scabbards were too young back then, hell Denjiro was like 12 at best.
Also Age doesn't indicate Prime at all
Supernova are ranged from 19 Year Old to someone in his Late 40s for example
And those supernovas will never really progresse in strength, they are useless, even Oda said it in SBS or one of his Interviews. It isn't just the age, Kaido was already an established pirate, equal to other Emperors. Oden vs Kaido happened after Roger's death, at the time Emperor system already existed and Kaido was on par or at least not far behind Whitbeard and Big Mom.

Whitbeard vs Admirals wasn't 1v1 too, but I don't remember Whitbeard getting mid diffed. Even when he had heart attack and Akainu hit him spiceficly in his heart he still wasn't mid diffed. And by the way, unlike Kaido who had advantage in numbers against Oden... Oden brought with him only his 9 scabbards while Kaido had 1000 man + all stars.
Yes, he wasn't Mid Diffed, because neither WB nor Kaido had a Fair 1 v 1 Fight
I told you it was just Oden landing an Attack on Kaido, nothing much to say there
Kaido fought against Admirals and other Emperors, he was also fighting against Roger and Garp in God Valley, so he pretty much knew that he can be damaged. As matter of fact, Kaido was avoiding 1v1 against Oden by all costs, I wonder why? Maybe because he knew that he can't win against Oden.

Kaido was in his Dragon from against Scabbards and Supernovas too, but I still don't remember him getting mid diffed.
Kaido only fought Xebec, Roger & WB who could Harm him
One was Pirate King, other was Strongest Man & third one was his Captain
So how the hell would Kaido know that a Wano Samurai can Kill him
Please stop comparing an Attack to a 1 v 1 Fight
It's neither Mid Diff nor High Diff nor Low Diff nor any Diff, because it wasn't a 1 v 1 Fight at all
Those scabbards were too young back then, hell Denjiro was like 12 at best.
Denjiro was 27
Inu & Neko were 20
Asura was 36 (Same Age as Kaido) & he became much much Stronger than Kin'emon
And those supernovas will never really progresse in strength, they are useless, even Oda said it in SBS or one of his Interviews. It isn't just the age, Kaido was already an established pirate, equal to other Emperors. Oden vs Kaido happened after Roger's death, at the time Emperor system already existed and Kaido was on par or at least not far behind Whitbeard and Big Mom.
Who care whether they progress or not, the point is that each Character reach their own Prime at different Ages

Yes, he wasn't Mid Diffed, because neither WB nor Kaido had a Fair 1 v 1 Fight
I told you it was just Oden landing an Attack on Kaido, nothing much to say there
Kaido was mid diffed in a team fight while having advantage of 1000 man.
Kaido only fought Xebec, Roger & WB who could Harm him
One was Pirate King, other was Strongest Man & third one was his Captain
So how the hell would Kaido know that a Wano Samurai can Kill him
Please stop comparing an Attack to a 1 v 1 Fight
It's neither Mid Diff nor High Diff nor Low Diff nor any Diff, because it wasn't a 1 v 1 Fight at all
Kaido was defeated, he was smushed in an instant. Kaido got mid diffed possibly low diffed. The only one who managed to attack Kaido was Oden, so Oden and only Oden fought and defeated Kaido's man and then mid diffed him.
Denjiro was 27
Inu & Neko were 20
Asura was 36 (Same Age as Kaido) & he became much much Stronger than Kin'emon
All of them were already stronger than Kinemon at that age. Asura was spiceficly mentioned to be like the second strongest in Wano after Oden, or something like that.
Who care whether they progress or not, the point is that each Character
At different age but around the same time period, all the characters who we know so far reached their peak in their 30s, some of them can reach their peak in 30 and some in 39 but all of them achieve their peak strength in their 30d. Well, with exception of those who use DF abilities, because you can eat a DF in 40s, 50s, 60s etc.