One Piece Episode 1040 - The Pride of a Helmsman - The Enraged Jinbe!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 3/5

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
Animation was good but damn it feels Really quick. Toei extended everything but the actual fight.
Yeah the fight felt really quick, it was panel to panel like the manga. I’m complaining enough usually about bad filler etc so I won’t say anything here. But I agree some moment could have been lengthened

For exemple the moment Jimbe turned full body was extremely sudden, no build up, and only lasted a second. I think more focus on that part would have been good. In the manga I felt it was longer. Even WsW speech during the Shigan Madara was cut down.

Yeah the fight felt really quick, it was panel to panel like the manga. I’m complaining enough usually about bad filler etc so I won’t say anything here. But I agree some moment could have been lengthened

For exemple the moment Jimbe turned full body was extremely sudden, no build up, and only lasted a second. I think more focus on that part would have been good. In the manga I felt it was longer. Even WsW speech during the Shigan Madara was cut down.

The Tobi Roppo fights were definitely way too short…. The Anime just further emphasizes this. I can’t imagine how fast Franky Vs Sasaki will be, Robins fight might actually feel proper tho

The lightning effect of his Haki.
But that wasn't like ACOC at all???
Post automatically merged:

- Who's Who asking Jimbe about Nika or telling him the link between Luffy, Shanks and himself is random af.
Not really. I think you could say they were pretty naturally weaved into the fight. Yes, its a bit expositiony, but its a conversation that flows on pretty naturally.

Jinbei brings up the fact that Who's Who was a CP9 agent.

That leads him to talking about why he holds a grudge against Jinbei as a member of the strawhats(who Jinbei just joined).

Who's Who has a second line of questioning unrelated to Shanks and Luffy and relating to Jinbei's history as a member of the sun pirates.

Its two seperate conversations that are doing a lot in a very short(though I think at least sweet) fight.

Will say, the animation definitely carried here. The storyboarding and direction weren't really anything special.
Post automatically merged:

Next episode probably won't cover the full Franky fight with the added filler I think, but I'm at least thinking that Yamato's transformation scene will look nice.

Last edited:
Jimbe vs Who's Who has two problems:
- it's too short (and the anime didn't add much)
- Who's Who asking Jimbe about Nika or telling him the link between Luffy, Shanks and himself is random af.

The animation was good though.
Also is it just me or does this fight have A LOT of dialogue. Kind of noticed in the manga but in the Anime it’s really right in your face.