One Piece Episode 1052 - The Situation Has Grown Tense! The End of Onigashima!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 4/5

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 3/5

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
One Piece EPISODE 1052
"The Situation Has Grown Tense! The End of Onigashima!"

風雲急を告げる!鬼ヶ島の末路!
Fūun Kyū o Tsugeru! Onigashima no Matsuro!

Opening 24 | PAINT - I Don't Like Mondays. (Simulcast)

Chapter(s) : -

Screenplay | 井上亜樹子 - Akiko Inoue
Art | 土居ゆりの - Yurino Doi
Animation |
島貫正弘 - Masahiro Shimanuki
Direction | 嶋谷将 - Tasuku Shimaya
Storyboard | ___
Airdate: February 19, 2023

Episode 1053 Preview

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Skipped the Luffy parts.

Cool little quick Zoro v. King area.
Liking the filler Sanji v. Queen, him being goofy and hitting Sanji with his tail was cool.

Fight is actually garbage so far. The choice to not play music is a daring one. One I can respect... If the pacing and animation amplified the scene alone. In fact, they don't. Animation is mid most of the time (Queen has decent animation, kudos to that) but King is awkward as fuck during his clash with Zoro.

King sending Zoro flying and walking to him should be hyped as Hell, the fight between them officially starting. The All Star King the Wildfire is enraged with silent anger, Zoro was just overpowered by King and tensions are high. Instead it's bad foot step sound effects, a million cutaways to everything else (including a flashback to chap 987) which totally kills the energy the manga had for this moment.

It's supposed to be fast, dangerous and focused. Anime is the complete opposite here.

IMO—the perfect place to put a stop to music is when Tankyudon and Ultratigori clash. Use King's long arrival coupled with his theme to build the moment up and when Zoro is sent flying, cut the music. Let the silence speak for the surprise and dread the viewers should feel for Zoro.

The entire second half not having music or any ambience is just a bad choice.

The clash itself was okay. Not great but could be a lot worse. Needed to be faster but they did an okay job.