• 2/5

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Not a bad episode at all but clearly over the top lol

they extended the shit out of King vs Zoro lol and the final King attack was overdone

But you could feel the POWAAAAAAA

Wished King had as many moves in the manga lol
Really?

In some ways, yes. The anime expanded upon King's personality. It isn't necessarily filler even, because we know this is how King views the world in general, how he feels about Kaido.
But it makes a world of difference to see it on screen, than just assume from the snippets in a rushed chapter.

But in other ways, it also was the opposite of extension, since they also skipped some parts too as explained below:

I don't know how to feel about this episode.

The great stuff was great of course. Parts of the animation was solid and amongst the best in OP.

But I felt like they changed (reduced) many of the clashes.
For example, there were "several" clashes in this page, that lead to King blocking all of them and hence Zoro figuring out "Ohh, maybe you aren't really invincible in flame on mode afterall".

In the anime, this was just a singular clash. Why?

The final attack from King in anime was great in the beginning, the additives of "extra" smaller dragons were good. But they didn't show Zoro cutting through the large dragon clean like they did in manga, instead it was just mushy....

I mean, is animating THIS too hard??

And yeah, the cubes were annoying too. Why does all the debris break into CUBES and CUBOIDS?

Overall, a 4/5 episode

But for real though.
This one episode makes me see King in a different light all together. The anime almost made King the protagonist of this episode, even tho it was meant to be Zoro. If this was the guy we saw in the manga, he would be amongst my top 10-15 favs easily. Just this episode boosted King for me.

The final attack was great too. The buildup was GOAT tier. I liked the mini dragons that came out, before the main large "magma Kaido" came out - this distinguishes the final attack from the previous imperial dragon that King used against fodder, except that was smaller. This should've been how manga handled too, but manga rushed the entire thing SMH.
My only gripes is about the finale is what I mentioned in my above post. They skipped Zoro cutting the entire dragon and then slashing King. In the anime, all we saw was a flash - no cutting for dragon into pieces, no scene of the cut. It happened offscreen within the flash