Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Somehow people have already forgotten the Luffy vs Katakuri snakeman episode

nothing from this Zoro episode compares to that fight
Yeah, nah, I think this episode is a lot better than that for a large number of reasons.(they're both great episodes)

Firstly, the snakeman episode had a really extensive recap and a long fairly meandering flashback before we actually got into the action(the action starts at like 7 minutes in).

It was roughly half way through the first half that Luffy and Katakuri actually begin fighting. The first half of 870 has the best highlights of that fight from Masami Mori and Koudai Watanabe.

The second half then starts off with a rather slow and uninteresting filler scene with Sanji and Pudding before going back into the action again. The filler scene sort of kills the pace of the episode a bit, but it doesn't stick around for two long. The action in the second half is excellent, but not quite as strong as the highlights from the first, and the finisher is broken up by a small filler scene as well.

1062 on the other hand goes right into the action fairly early at like 3 minutes in, and it doesn't really stop.

Sure, there are a few dialogue scenes and very minor flashbacks, but once the action gets going, it keeps going until the end of the first half, which is actually the shorter half of the episode.

The second half starts off with a flashback which is a lot more interesting than the filler scenes in 870, setting up some further emotional stakes for the fight, before it hits the ground running, and just doesn't stop until pretty much the very end of the episode.

The second half of 1062 is even stronger than the first, and has animation highlights from Vincent Chansard and Yen BM that are not only longer than Koudai Watanabe and Masami Mori's scenes from 870, but also just miles more impressive.

So yeah, I think its more than reasonable to say that 1062 is the better episode overall.

Its not really surprising either.

870 was the best the production could do during WCI.

1062 is the best the production can manage during Wano, which has a much much stronger production that has been building up steam over more than 170 episodes. I think there is no better evidence for that than the fact that 1062 came following off the heels of 1061, which was another absolutely amazing episode production wise.

In contrast, what came before 870 was 869, which was a lacklustre and rough around the edges episode.

Just watched the episode I am glad King didn't die I like him even more now and the flashback was 10/10 they were like brothers :josad:
I actually hope King appears in the future considering the events of the manga.King seeing the Seraphim's would be interesting, and it could be cool if King and Zoro interacted again like Kaku and Zoro are doing now.

Just watched the episode I am glad King didn't die I like him even more now and the flashback was 10/10 they were like brothers :josad:
King>Katakuri both in strength, as in reward, and in importance. King was named strong by Kaido himself at the age of 14. named right hand and brother. well, the most expensive YC1 at the moment.katakuri is the cheapest starprm ,just trash beaten up by goofy times totland