Votes: 3 6.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 0/5

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
I think this was an excellent adaptation of Chapter 1048 overall, great direction and use of visuals overall.

The content itself is not the most exciting besides Bajrang Gun vs Flame Bagua, but it serves as an effective reminder of how evil Orochi is and how much Wano suffered because of him. Pretty disturbing scenes to convey that too, like the guy falling dead after drinking poisoned water or the noose hanging from a tree.

Anyway, it's gonna be time to say goodbye to Kaido very soon, will miss the toughest villain Luffy has ever had to fight till now :endthis:

S

Sasaki Kojirō

20 minutes of what feels like filler.

Very well directed and animated, but, fuck, the pacing is more glacier than Yamato's Devil Fruit attacks.
I liked the events of the episodes, showing how devastated the country and its people were, their suffering, and the horror that is Kaido and Orochi. This adds more weight to the story and reminds us that Luffy and the crew didn't come here just for a stroll. Kaido is indeed a merciless monster with no compassion whatsoever. We had 20 years of people's prayers in the hope that someone would come and save them from the terror called Kaido.

Man, I've never seen worse pacing in any other anime ever. OP has to be a WOAT anime at this point post time skip. I'm not even interested in the fight anymore. The pacing and flashbacks have completely ruined the entire G5 presentation for me. Like how many times do we have to go over the same shit? I don't care how emotional the episode was, we have seen these scenes like 25-30 times already. The animation of Kaido's flame dragon form was cool at least.

C

CensoredbyWG

Next episode we get Kaido's flashback with linlin and WB then a break and maybe, MAYBE, we get to see a part of the final clash.

Dont make the mistake of underestimating toei's pacing
Bro, they are literally landing the final punch next episode. This episode was just a much better executed version of the “showing all the antagonists heinous actions before his downfall” trope that Oda was going for in the manga chapter.

C

CensoredbyWG

Bro, they are literally landing the final punch next episode. This episode was just a much better executed version of the “showing all the antagonists heinous actions before his downfall” trope that Oda was going for in the manga chapter.
We still have Kaido's flashback.