One Piece Episode 905 - Taking Back O-Tama - A Fierce Fight Against Holdem!

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece EPISODE 905
" Taking Back O-Tama - A Fierce Fight Against Holdem! "
お玉奪還 激闘! ホールデム戦!
O-Tama Dakkan - Gekitō! Hōrudemu-sen!

Opening 22 | OVER THE TOP - Hiroshi Kitadani
Chapter(s) : 917 ( - )

Airdate: October 6, 2019

Episode 906 PREVIEW

Last edited:
It was a solid enough episode.

First half wasn't the greatest thing ever(since very little happened), but what was there was done competently enough.

Second half had Tu Yong Ce and Takashi Kojima's bits of action, which were quite nice. Especially the red hawk, which they did so much justice to.

I liked how they expanded on Okiku's presence here. In the manga, aside from here cutting down a few guys blandly, we are just told more than shown that she is really strong. This episode having her perform some superhuman feats alongside Zoro(who was an absolute monster this episode, like, literally his every slash killed like 10 guys), such as blocking arrows rapidly and speed blitzing Speed, actually sold her to me really effectively as actually being worthy all that praise Luffy and Zoro give her.

So yeah, fairly okay episodes, with some really nice action highlights here and there that elevate it. Anime is still producing those screen shot worthy shots every episode(this time around Jack), and Kojima's scene was the nuttiest thing ever.

Next episode also looks good. Looking forward to seeing how they'll expand on the Law/Hawkins fight. Looks like they'll be expanding the choreography of Hawkins sword play. Judging by the preview, I think Tu Yong Ce is also on next week.

BTW; Speed has haki arrows this episode. Don't really think that's particularly controversial. She's a distinguished officer in an emperors crew, and even people who weren't members of the Kuja pirates on the island of women could use haki arrows.

Slow episode but red hawk was really well done!!

Action scenes involving Speed, Zoro and Kiku was superb as well. Overall it was decent episode

Damn kiku action cutting people like cutting onion and speedblitz speed like its nothing and they said the scabbards are weak lol:finally::finally::gonope::steef::steef::funky:...red hawk scene are cool too..decent episode this week...
Post automatically merged:

It was a solid enough episode.

First half wasn't the greatest thing ever(since very little happened), but what was there was done competently enough.

Second half had Tu Yong Ce and Takashi Kojima's bits of action, which were quite nice. Especially the red hawk, which they did so much justice to.

I liked how they expanded on Okiku's presence here. In the manga, aside from here cutting down a few guys blandly, we are just told more than shown that she is really strong. This episode having her perform some superhuman feats alongside Zoro(who was an absolute monster this episode, like, literally his every slash killed like 10 guys), such as blocking arrows rapidly and speed blitzing Speed, actually sold her to me really effectively as actually being worthy all that praise Luffy and Zoro give her.

So yeah, fairly okay episodes, with some really nice action highlights here and there that elevate it. Anime is still producing those screen shot worthy shots every episode(this time around Jack), and Kojima's scene was the nuttiest thing ever.

Next episode also looks good. Looking forward to seeing how they'll expand on the Law/Hawkins fight. Looks like they'll be expanding the choreography of Hawkins sword play. Judging by the preview, I think Tu Yong Ce is also on next week.

BTW; Speed has haki arrows this episode. Don't really think that's particularly controversial. She's a distinguished officer in an emperors crew, and even people who weren't members of the Kuja pirates on the island of women could use haki arrows.
Who this kojima guy...is he toei animators too...and a headliner have haki isnt surprised at all same with batman too

Damn kiku action cutting people like cutting onion and speedblitz speed like its nothing and they said the scabbards are weak lol:finally::finally::gonope::steef::steef::funky:...red hawk scene are cool too..decent episode this week...
Post automatically merged:

Who this kojima guy...is he toei animators too...and a headliner have haki isnt surprised at all same with batman too
His more of a free lance animator, who is a One Piece fan who occasionally show up as a guest animator in Wano. He did Zoro cutting up those samurai at the start of Wano as well(he also animated the Red Hawk in 3D2Y).

Takashi Kojima is a pretty heavy weight animator, with loads of animation credits on shows like Flip Flappers, Death Parade, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Space Dandy and more. Pretty sure he even solo-animated an episode of that Netflix Devil Man Crybaby series. So yeah, even though his not exactly unfamiliar with One Piece, its nice to see him as a semi consistent guest animator producing scenes like this, even if they only happen once in a while.

Worst

Custom title
Man the best attack scenes animated are awesome but they're not so close to the current chapters that they have to fill the sh** out of it imho with all this fill the background music make no sense sometimes

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
The Red Hawk and the Ace-reference in it was beautiful. We miss you Ace. I hope we will get more Ace-stuff at the end of Wano.
Beside that, it is funny to watch Okiku and desplaying myself people which fall in love with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.