One Piece Episode 917 - The Holy Land in Tumult - The Yonko Blackbeard Laughs Boldly

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • 3/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode
Awesome to see Moria back in the story.
RIP Absalom, shiryuu getting his fruit is totally a shocker to me.
Great to see perona, loved the banter between perona and mihawk.
Damn seeing big mom racing across the sea just to get a piece of luffy is a scary sight.
The effects of the gura gura no mi breaking the screening at the end holy shit that was dope.

That was great. I felt the original chapter should have been entirely out of Wano, because events after Emperor Blackbeard's reveal like King and Queen just got completely overshadowed. Oda should have filled the remainder of the chapter with scenes from that completely off paneled fight, but whatever. King and Queen definitely would have benefited from being introduced in the following chapter.

Mihawk and Perona splitting up was so sweet. The scene was more developed here and had twice the impact IMO. Like Perona stopped to point out she's been a house guest with Mihawk for two entire years. Even though she was initially ready to storm out and felt Mihawk couldn't care less about her, that thought made her turn back around to bid farewell anyway. I really like the back and forth between them, such a shame to see them go their separate ways.

I love how flashy and garrish Blackbeard and Devon look. They're pretty much just showing off their newfound power and wealth. Shiryu is too attached to his uniform, and strangely Pizzaro keeps his Marineford outfit which I guess he found in Impel Down. Devon, who is not likely to be one of BB's top subordinates and just Nami or Robin's counterpart, possessing an extremely rare Mythical Zoan is still stunning to me but a welcomed twist. The Clear Clear fruit that Shiryu posses now seems to be a highly desired Devil Fruit according to Moria, I wonder if Oda is planning to make Shiryu a stealth-based assassin type swordsman. How angry and desperate Moria was all episode was sad to see, especially realizing Absalom was dead, but still very entertaining to hear with his voice actor. Also, it's funny how the island is a giant skull but it doesn't feel menacing in the least, that place especially in full color really is paradise.

Blackbeard smashing the To Be Continued and turning into Act 2 was the perfect ending. The way he's up to date on the news and keeps an eye on the events of the New World reminds us that he's cunning and intelligent despite his appearance. Making plans and waiting for the right opportunity to show up is the Blackbeard way, until then he parties with his harem.

Last edited:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
This is the first episode I've seen in a long time. A few key points:
  • Mihawk and Perona together was so cute omg. It looks straight out of a rom com
  • Mihawk chopping that cucumber is the funniest shit I've seen all day
  • Rip headphones when Perona screamed (even Mihawk plugged his ears lmao)
  • Also, Perona has pink eyes
  • Moriah looks good with the red tie
  • Also he is such an underrated character, he stormed a Yonko territory by himself (and his zombie gang) to save a scum like Absolom
  • I also sort of changed my mind about Shiryuu, damn he looks so badass especially with the clear clear fruit in action. Wish we saw a bit more
  • Sadly, Moriah's ass is gonna get whooped unless if he joins BB
  • Overall, I don't remember OP animation looking this pretty. It looks like it is straight out of a OP movie

That was great. I felt the original chapter should have been entirely out of Wano, because events after Emperor Blackbeard's reveal like King and Queen just got completely overshadowed. Oda should have filled the remainder of the chapter with scenes from that completely off paneled fight, but whatever. King and Queen definitely would have benefited from being introduced in the following chapter.

Mihawk and Perona splitting up was so sweet. The scene was more developed here and had twice the impact IMO. Like Perona stopped to point out she's been a house guest with Mihawk for two entire years. Even though she was initially ready to storm out and felt Mihawk couldn't care less about her, that thought made her turn back around to bid farewell anyway. I really like the back and forth between them, such a shame to see them go their separate ways.

I love how flashy and garrish Blackbeard and Devon look. They're pretty much just showing off their newfound power and wealth. Shiryu is too attached to his uniform, and strangely Pizzaro keeps his Marineford outfit which I guess he found in Impel Down. Devon, who is not likely to be one of BB's top subordinates and just Nami or Robin's counterpart, possessing an extremely rare Mythical Zoan is still stunning to me but a welcomed twist. The Clear Clear fruit that Shiryu posses now seems to be a highly desired Devil Fruit according to Moria, I wonder if Oda is planning to make Shiryu a stealth-based assassin type swordsman. How angry and desperate Moria was all episode was sad to see, especially realizing Absalom was dead, but still very entertaining to hear with his voice actor. Also, it's funny how the island is a giant skull but it doesn't feel menacing in the least, that place especially in full color really is paradise.

Blackbeard smashing the To Be Continued and turning into Act 2 was the perfect ending. The way he's up to date on the news and keeps an eye on the events of the New World reminds us that he's cunning and intelligent despite his appearance. Making plans and waiting for the right opportunity to show up is the Blackbeard way, until then he parties with his harem.
Pretty sure Devon is one of his top subordinates. She’s one of his top captains, and was a level 6 impel down prisoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.