One Piece Episode 931 - Climb Up - Luffy's Desperate Escape!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 3/5

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not talking about animation

something like this
I mean they just stretched the hell out of the episode, its just like luffy and batman situation honestly.......pekoms never even got to transform. The Anime does shit like this when not much is going on in the manga chapter. 936 HAS A LOT of content Plus Sanji outwitting Drake and Hawkins and escaping actually happened , and was implied. Sanji cant get beat up and then escape from drake and hawkins with 3 people in his hand that doesnt make sense.

I mean they just stretched the hell out of the episode, its just like luffy and batman situation honestly.......pekoms never even got to transform. The Anime does shit like this when not much is going on in the manga chapter. 936 HAS A LOT of content Plus Sanji outwitting Drake and Hawkins and escaping actually happened , and was implied. Sanji cant get beat up and then escape from drake and hawkins with 3 people in his hand that doesnt make sense.
They’ll never make enough fellow admiral Drake wank material in the Anime sadly :kizabat:

Not only fanservice but the entire anime quality:josad:
Says this while the anime is the best its ever been ever.
Post automatically merged:

Nah In terms of Action sequences , I would say Toei almost always does Sanji justice overall, Even when its not necessary , Sanjis attacks have some of the best animation in One Piece tbh. Toei loves animating this guys fights.

The first gif, the kick against Jabra, the kick against Page One and that scene of him emerging in Punk Hazard were all animated by the same person. Katsumi Ishizuka.

Although not animated by him personally, the kick against the Kraken was corrected by Katsumi Ishizuka as well.

Anyway, as for the episode itself, it was considerably better than last weeks.

The storyboard and direction were pretty on point, with transition and music placement feeling far better placed, and some really creative things being done to make the presentation of information interesting. For example, the visualization of Hyogoro the flower in his prime, made for a really nice transition to him in his current state, and Shinbo busting some balls was a really creatively presented gag. Kawamatsu and Raizo talking also had some really nice atmospheric lighting that made the scene as touching and heart felt as it should have been. I also enjoyed the visualization of the effects of the collar and the set up of the tournament. I really enjoyed how they presented information through Queen and Hyogoro glasses reflecting stuff. It was something I enjoyed in Dressrosa, when it was done with Doffy, and its also effective here. The director and storyboard artist for this episode Yutaka Nakashima came through in a really good way, to make for a decently engaging episode, where the narrative beats landed better than last week.

Art wise, things were also on point. The animation was a bit so and so, but this episode didn't really have animation to speak off, so I don't really see anything to complain about. Overall, a decent if a bit of a nothing episode, with it mainly being a strong set up episode.

Last edited:
L

Levi_Ackerman

I can't wait to see drake and hawkins fanboying over stealth black in the anime.

North Blue is a sick sea with badasses like Law,Sanji,Drake originating there.

I can't wait to see drake and hawkins fanboying over stealth black in the anime.

North Blue is a sick sea with badasses like Law,Sanji,Drake originating there.
Pretty sure the most noteworthy purely North Blue based pirate crew to come out of the North Blue was the Donquioxte pirates. They were a crew entirely from the north blue, and while active, had a bounty of 813 million berries.

Also, the animation next episode seems pretty decent. Masayuki Takagi is an animation supervisor. They are someone known for their nice and highly stylized character art.

L

Levi_Ackerman

Pretty sure the most noteworthy purely North Blue based pirate crew to come out of the North Blue was the Donquioxte pirates. They were a crew entirely from the north blue, and while active, had a bounty of 813 million berries.

Also, the animation next episode seems pretty decent. Masayuki Takagi is an animation supervisor. They are someone known for their nice and highly stylized character art.
Ohhh, i had forgotten than the donquixote pirates were from north blue, sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.