One Piece Episode 934 - A Big Turnover! The Three-Sword Style Overcomes Danger!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toei knows that the Grandmaster requires the utmost priority budget-wise
Nah, they just got the best One Piece animator on it.

Seriously, the animator for that scene has handled some of the most iconic moments of the anime, and has been working on the show for decades. One of his earliest episodes was when Zoro fought Luffy in episode 60.

Since then that animators handled scenes like Luffy's Storm on Crocodile, Luffy's rifle on Enel and Luffy's Gattling on Lucci and that's an abbreviation of his scenes pre-time skip(he has a huge body of impressive animation work).
Since then, his only improved and was a juggernaut on WCI and Wano.

This is still his best work however.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Even in naruto the best fights are CQC ninjas fights

Like Sasuke and Naruto vs Momoshiki (the first part before the Kaijus battle)
Or Hidan and Kakuzu vs Ninjas (before Naruto arrival)
Or Sasuke vs Kinshiki
Or Lee vs Gaara
Or Lee vs Kimimaro
Etc

The more they go far with beams and destructions and Kaijus the lesser the quality of the fights

dont like aura. One Piece is not like DragonBall or Naruto. One Piece was waaaay better as simple
Eh.

One Piece fights aren't good generally.

Also, aura shit is present in the manga anyway, and is only going to continue to become more present. Hell, Zoro having aura's for his big attacks is a highly frequent occurrence.
Post automatically merged:

Even in naruto the best fights are CQC ninjas fights

Like Sasuke and Naruto vs Momoshiki (the first part before the Kaijus battle)
Or Hidan and Kakuzu vs Ninjas (before Naruto arrival)
Or Sasuke vs Kinshiki
Or Lee vs Gaara
Or Lee vs Kimimaro
Etc

The more they go far with beams and destructions and Kaijus the lesser the quality of the fights
Its a good thing that One Piece doesn't have any real fights with choreography then.:madmonk:

good episode....

Luffy filler is nice....can't wait to see the animated version of chapter 939 where Luffy used Future sight and master Hyogoro action :steef:

Loved anime version of act 2...infact I love anime version of any manga...

Shinobu is kinda irritating

It is kinda ironic to see the Kanjuro stopping the fight of Law and Shinobu

I am the only one or Komurasaki is not so good looking especially around her nose

Kyoshiro is giving demonic vibes

last but not least, Zoro vs Kamazou fight...the main highlight of the episode but it could have been the best had they have been reduced those over the top aura effects.....

No matter what anyone says, I am enjoying animated version of Wano even more than manga.....

4/5

Btb I heard there was new opening is coming, is it not from this episode???

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Its a good thing that One Piece doesn't have any real fights with choreography then.:madmonk:
Kata vs Snakeman Luffy has some good parts choreography wise. Even in the manga it was a good fight (I don't talk about the narrative just the choreography)
Same for some Sanji fights or Zoro fights.
Or G2 vs Lucci.
Even Law vs Doffy has some nice bits.

i dont like aura. One Piece is not like DragonBall or Naruto. One Piece was waaaay better as simple
Then you have to delete Haki from the story itself... cause Haki is a spiritual power that is represented by an Aura

When you say it's not "Dragon Ball" or "Naruto"... I simply don't like when people say those type of arguments... because believe it or not... at the end of day... Long running Shonen manga usually end up presenting a power that is "spiritual"... and it's not for DBZ or Naruto only

It's also in:
- Hunter x Hunter (with Nen)
- Bleach (Riatsu)

and even in Street Fighter if I'm not mistaken with "Ki"

which is usually what MOST shonen use as a main "source" for powers, which is "life force" represented by spirit...

Point is... It's in DBZ and Naruto because they do exist.... and don't say "One Piece is not Naruto" as a way to escape or manuver around it when it actuality, IT IS SIMILAR in that Haki is the manifistation of one's spirit.... it's a spiritual power.... it's the same as Chakra, Riatsu, Ki, Nen...etc

They all are just the freaking same.... and overall, in every anime I mentioned, THEY ALL represented that spiritual power through showing "auras" because that's the only way to make it visible to the audience

So, I wholeheartedly disagree with the way you argued about it

The only way to remove aura from One Piece, is to:

1- Remove Haki from story (NOT happening)
2- Remove cursed blades from story (cause it has possibility of showing aura/spirit too)

Those two powers above are INTEGRAL PART of One Piece, and you cannot just ignore them at this late stage of the story...

I don't like aura etc at all, i prefer raw CQC by miles

For me this moment is quite superior animation wise than the aura Onigiri thing

I'll refer you to the same comment above about Haki "requires aura" for animation
If you don't want aura, then remove haki from story... and we cannot do that this late in the story

Then you have to delete Haki from the story itself... cause Haki is a spiritual power that is represented by an Aura

When you say it's not "Dragon Ball" or "Naruto"... I simply don't like when people say those type of arguments... because believe it or not... at the end of day... Long running Shonen manga usually end up presenting a power that is "spiritual"... and it's not for DBZ or Naruto only

It's also in:
- Hunter x Hunter (with Nen)
- Bleach (Riatsu)

and even in Street Fighter if I'm not mistaken with "Ki"

which is usually what MOST shonen use as a main "source" for powers, which is "life force" represented by spirit...

Point is... It's in DBZ and Naruto because they do exist.... and don't say "One Piece is not Naruto" as a way to escape or manuver around it when it actuality, IT IS SIMILAR in that Haki is the manifistation of one's spirit.... it's a spiritual power.... it's the same as Chakra, Riatsu, Ki, Nen...etc

They all are just the freaking same.... and overall, in every anime I mentioned, THEY ALL represented that spiritual power through showing "auras" because that's the only way to make it visible to the audience

So, I wholeheartedly disagree with the way you argued about it

The only way to remove aura from One Piece, is to:

1- Remove Haki from story (NOT happening)
2- Remove cursed blades from story (cause it has possibility of showing aura/spirit too)

Those two powers above are INTEGRAL PART of One Piece, and you cannot just ignore them at this late stage of the story...

I'll refer you to the same comment above about Haki "requires aura" for animation
If you don't want aura, then remove haki from story... and we cannot do that this late in the story
tbh, I like this aura thing.....but sometimes animators go overboard lol....

Kata vs Snakeman Luffy has some good parts choreography wise. Even in the manga it was a good fight (I don't talk about the narrative just the choreography)
Not really?

It was fairly straight forward stuff even in the manga, which glossed over most of the choreography to turn the fight into a more straightforward back and forth. The most choreographed fight of the Katakuri fight in the manga was Katakuri dodging Black Mamba, and that was one panel, where the choreography was more suggested than shown.

Or G2 vs Lucci.
Even Law vs Doffy has some nice bits.
Again, not really. Its not particularly intricate stuff. Its mainly just stuff revolving around finishing attacks.

Something like Dragonball has generally better action(even in the manga form), because although it has panels where action is suggested, its not just focused around the landing of finishing moves like One Piece is, especially nowadays.

I think Luffy vs Crocodile had some actually pretty neat choreography to it, especially in the first and parts of the third round.

One piece is turning into dragon ball :whitepress:
When did Dragonball ever looked like this? Or ever been this well animated?

Zoro is naturally a character that has aura's when he uses attacks. Oni Giri is an attack that had an aura to it. I don't think its ridiculous, that for this big intense finisher, they showcase those aura's, especially in one of the most absurdly and beautifully animated sequences in the franchise.

Also, that would be an improvement over One Piece action anyway...

It can be evaluated bud

Look at Zoro now and this is no Asura and no post training

Imagine what kind of monster he will be featured like soon
I'm scared for Big Mom and Kaido. If they feel the grandmaster's aura their wills might break. Lets hope Kaido offers his son some sake.

I hate that they put too much SFX. How are they gonna do with Big Mom vs Kaido ?
Big Mom and Kaido aren't the grandmaster. Their attacks don't look or feel strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.