One Piece Episode 937 - Tonoyasu! Ebisu Town's Most Loved!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Solid episode.

Tonoyasu is such an interesting character, he is the the kind of person luffy would love to meet. Its was a nice surprise finding out she was Yasu's daughter. Toko is such a sweet child giving most of her earning for to her father who in returns gives it to everyone else who needs them.

Guess Luffy found himself another teacher so teach him Advanced version of armament haki. His Kings haki in this arc have been on fucking point.

The interaction between Chopper and Big Mom have been hilarious.

It was great seeing Hyogoro finding out the Akazaya samurai's, and Momo being alive and his chance for Rebillion hasn't been extinguished.

Caribou is such a sniveling pest lol, maybe Luffy read caribou here like how he read Sanji back in whole cake island.

This was a pretty nice episode actually.

Although the content wasn't exactly riveting, everything was very nicely executed. There was nice use of lighting, the storyboard was nice and connected plot points together well, and there was some directorial things such as Hyogoro reflecting on the growing rebellion in Wano. That had a nice cinematic quality to it and was a really nice way to present flashbacks.

Animation wise, the episode was also quite nice. We had some western animators during Luffy's scenes in this episode, alongside Kazuya Hisada, who was the animation supervisor and a prominent key animator. Hisada has a bit of a spotty history for me output wise, but his work here was really nice. His definitely becoming one of the most unique and interesting regular animators on the show.

Anyway, here's the animation highlights, and who did them.

Henry Thurlow did this really nice scene against Madillo man. I particularly liked the shockwave effect Luffy's punch has on the gifters face. Reminds me of something similiar that happened in 934 where Luffy defeated Bearman. Apparently it was his idea. The western animators had a really distinct look this episode, so it was easy to spot them.
Henry Thurlow
This was Kazuya Hisada's main bit of key action animation, but its also worth noting he handled the action scene before Thurlow's, and his style is present throughout nearly every major movement in the episode. Really happy with his output. Made the episode feel really lively.
Sanda, another western animator handled the nice COC scene this episode. He also did a nice scene for Law vs Hawkins back in 915. Apparently he animated this in a week.
Here's a link to the thread about some wester animators involvement with the episode.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Good episode haki look so clean BEST BOY CARIBOU was the Best part of this episode and we see how yasu got caught they surround him in the manga we didn't see how he got caught
I agree the black haki on Luffy's hand looks ultra clean. The effect was really on point there.

Yellow Ryou ? why not it was not really a problem.

Overall the animation of Luffy fight was nice. Like how he dodged the bullets like MAtrix in the beginning.

Yasu part was not bad too.

The only moment that was a bit unexpected was the new COC effect. I don't know what to think, a bit too flashy maybe with yellow, I prefer it in red, and the shockwave maybe a bit too much.

I didn't care much about the content back when i read the chapter this episode adapts but i like what a saw here. The anime produced a more satisfying experience imo.

This was a pretty nice episode actually.

Although the content wasn't exactly riveting, everything was very nicely executed. There was nice use of lighting, the storyboard was nice and connected plot points together well, and there was some directorial things such as Hyogoro reflecting on the growing rebellion in Wano. That had a nice cinematic quality to it and was a really nice way to present flashbacks.

Animation wise, the episode was also quite nice. We had some western animators during Luffy's scenes in this episode, alongside Kazuya Hisada, who was the animation supervisor and a prominent key animator. Hisada has a bit of a spotty history for me output wise, but his work here was really nice. His definitely becoming one of the most unique and interesting regular animators on the show.

Anyway, here's the animation highlights, and who did them.

Henry Thurlow did this really nice scene against Madillo man. I particularly liked the shockwave effect Luffy's punch has on the gifters face. Reminds me of something similiar that happened in 934 where Luffy defeated Bearman. Apparently it was his idea. The western animators had a really distinct look this episode, so it was easy to spot them.
Henry Thurlow
This was Kazuya Hisada 's main bit of key action animation, but its also worth noting he handled the action scene before Thurlow's, and his style is present throughout nearly every major movement in the episode. Really happy with his output. Made the episode feel really lively.
Sanda, another western animator handled the nice COC scene this episode. He also did a nice scene for Law vs Hawkins back in 915. Apparently he animated this in a week.
Here's a link to the thread about some wester animators involvement with the episode.
It's good that Hisada remained in the series even after he stepped down as CD.

Last edited:
It's good that Kisada remained in the series even after he stepped down as CD.
Yeah, Hisada's art and KA aren't that bad when his a regular supervisor. He had nice poses even back in Dressrosa(even though I didn't care for his fairly lax approach as chief animation director).

His been really nice in Wano. I enjoyed his nice little bullet time scene at the start of the episode as well. He still has some really nice poses for his action animation.

I actually like how they drew and animated luffys armament haki arm but did they really need to make haki flow look like super sayain at least make it a different color like light blue or just make it white.

I also remember when a character used kings haki it was just a invincible force I miss that.

Last edited:
Did you gave your screen a Good Lick after this???:catsure::sadgrin:
Hell naw dude...its different story if its female...
:goyea:
Post automatically merged:

I actually like how they drew and animated luffys armament haki arm but did they really need to make haki flow look like super sayain at least make it a different color like light blue or just make it white.

I also remember when a character used kings haki it was just a invincible force I miss that.
I like ryuo is red color...imagine they use full body ryuo it will be super saiyan lol....:goyea:
Post automatically merged:

The animator of that scene actually made a small joke of that lol.
Yeah i took pic from his twitter lol

Meh episode.

It covered 12 pages once again (not even a full chapter) and really nothing important happened. You actually wouldn't miss much, if you just skipped the entire episode.

That's only partly on the anime btw, since the original chapter was one of the weakest Wano chapters, too.

However, the artwork was very lazy at times this episode (especially background characters were drawn poorly) and they managed to make the already dragging source material even more dragging.

Hyou's speech was nice though, you could feel the emotion. Music was used very well here.

Overall it's still an underwhelming episode, 2.5/5.

Let's hope it gets better again next week, the pace should be picking up soon, judging from the exciting source material that's coming up.