One Piece Episode 942 - The Straw Hats Step In! An Uproarious Deadly Battle at the Execution Ground!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
One Piece EPISODE 942
"The Straw Hats Step In! An Uproarious Deadly Battle at the Execution Ground!"

一味乱入! 騒然! 処刑場の激闘
Ichimi Ran'nyū! Sōzen! Shokei-jō no Gekitō

Opening 23 | DREAMIN' ON - Da-iCE
Chapter(s) : -

Airdate: September 20, 2020

Episode 943 PREVIEW

OP 23 -TV Size

Last edited:
Solid episode.

Luffy is "watching" One piece in this chapter lol, nice to see the other straw hats in action as well.

It was only a skirmish but i would've loved to see a full on fight between Zoro and Kyoshiro.

It's about damn time they showed Sanji with COA.

Holy shit what a "Killer" twist at the end there.

Last edited:
Sanji has Advanced CoA confirmed:crazwhat:Black flames incoming:steef::steef:

He also blocked seastone bullets which is as hard as diamond as well:hope:

And Toei fucked up Drake's dinosaur design so bad lol:crazwhat:
You know that they used the generate armament haki effect for Sanji then right? Like, even batman had that same sort of effect when he activated his armament haki.

Also, pretty sure that Drake image is meant to be stylized.

There weren't any particularly lengthy bits of action, but there were a few nice snippets that came from Kenji Kuroyangai and Tetsuro Nireki respectively.
Its nice to have Kenji Kuroyangai actually contributing something nice. Its been forever since his been on the show.

Hope the Kenji Kuroyangai returns as a regular action animator to the series. His such a nice addition to have on the show, even for nice short snippets of action.
Kenji Kuroyangai

Tetsuro Nireki: His a current regular on the series. His been doing nice stuff since the very beginning of Wano. His contributions here are short, but still nicely executed.

• Zoro's flying slashes all episode, Sanji's hardening and using fire then turning it off like he has the Mera Mera is the kind of fanservice I don't mind.
  • Lots of "interesting" directorial shots where a character is speaking but their face is turned away or the mouth is not even on camera. I wonder what the thought process here is..
  • Kyoshiro's twisted laugh or Killer's painful laugh. Wow. Please don't make me choose :emohiyo:
  • Why did they change Drake's dino roar? Sounds like he's in agony as well. Maybe he's crying because they told him Drake Vs Sanji would be banished to the background realm after one little exchange.
  • :amazing:Amazing action snippets for all the Strawhats and I loved their flavorful backdrops.
  • Tornado Tempo can do this now?! Who tf even needs Zeus.
  • Kid's voice actor delivering that intense performance :sabogood:Killer is not just his first mate, the man is seeing his childhood best friend suffering in front of him so he rightly lost his mind and got himself caught.
Very serviceable episode. Lots of nice little action scenes and the art was mostly on point. At this point in Whole Cake arc, we would be seeing the quality fluctuate a lot and some funny low effort action scenes making their entrance. I am glad Wano survived Act 2 and is still holding up, next week looking good too.

On a different note, I am a bit salty that Toei chose to do nothing with all the potential Eustass Kid filler Oda gift wrapped for them. It was another case of tell and don't show, with how Kid escaped Udon prison and then he got caught after he presumably broke down seeing Killer. All explained by a fodder guard. Oda didn't dedicate a single panel so they could have brought it to life however they wanted. Have Kid do a prison break sequence at night, fight some fodder Gifters the next day, then show us how he got caught. Unfortunately, Kid's solo adventure joins Caribou's cover story as a missed opportunity.