• 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

• 0/5

• Total voters
Pretty good episode,

It was so good to see Skypeia again, its one of the most underrated arcs of one piece. I love how Oda thought of Kozuki Oden even back at Skypeia (when Oden wrote on the Poneglyphs) truly a master of this own craft,

So it seems like Roger did steal the poneglyph from Big Mom and didn’t have a confrontation with her.

It seems like the 4th Poneglyph was originally at Fishman island, but we know its not there now maybe its been moved. White beard did claim fishman island as his territory before, what if the message marco gave to neokomamushi is telling Luffy where the last pone glyph is?

Its to fucking good to see old characters like Tom, Iceburg, Kokoro, Netpune, young Madam Shirley.

(Love all the call backs 1. The Binke Sake. 2. Rogers hearing the sea kings at Fishman Island.

• The entire crew sailing to Bink's sake hits like nothing else. :josad:

• Roger says don't do drugs, kiddos. Those needles will have you hooked up and bald like Whitebeard, instead of fresh and plump and Big Mom and Kaido.

• Roger pointing to the sky like Luffy. Well Oden did almost get one-shotted like Bellamy.
  • If Oden is a proper Luffy man, he shoved that octopus right down his pants.:goyea:

• Gaban was the helmsman of the Roger Pirates? That's okay Sanji, you can be the Oden of the crew as long as you boil a mean Wano-style hot pot.

• Always feel bad that the Roger Pirates never came back to check if the WG was giving a fair trial to their boy Tom. In a fairer world, Tom and his family would be living safely in exile with the retired Roger Pirates.
  • Franky, the man who told Oden to go screw himself and completely wiped his existence from his mind:fransuper:

• Oden stares at the Tequila Wolf labor camp with fascination while the rest sing away. Oof. But these might be the kinds of moral decisions that led Oden to dance in Wano.

• All the ugly genes in the family went to Arlong. Sharly is a cutie!

• Neptune got Big Mom's underwater amnesia and forgot to tell Luffy/Robin about his Red Poneglyph. Maybe he didn't just want to spoil the surprise at Zou.
  • Sharly ruining poor Neptune's life with her non-stop spoilers.:suresure:

• That's the third time Oda teases Raijin island (Urouge, Smoker, here). I hope we at least get to see it through an Ace novel.

• The entire Roger crew bonding naked, showing they have nothing to hide from one another. For the sake of parallels, Oda must deliver a Strawhat version of this!:catlewd:
Nostalgia you can get drunk on. The art was solid all around, the music choices were good. Tom and Franky's VA didn't miss a beat but Roger continues to irk me as he sounds so low key and unenthusiastic even when he's yelling lol. This was in essence Toei's ideal episode - they can recap previous arcs at their leisure and just substitute Roger or Oden's face for Luffy's. But I can't deny it's very fun seeing the Roger Pirates experience all these amazing sights. Oda retreading old ground like this means he can focus on new material or unique experiences when it comes to the true Roger flashback. Next episode doesn't look like an eye popper so I wonder if Roger's journey comes to an end there, I'll be cautiously optimistic there's a hidden gem.

It was a very nostaligic episode with a lot of references that weren't in manga that I appreciated.

I liked the inclusion of Oden riding the waver, getting chased by the snake, actually bothering to show how they descended sky island.

Hell, they even made Roger remake Luffy's iconic moment. The director was on the ball with the references.

Nothing to special animation or direction wise, but the OST choices were really spot on, and I really enjoyed Binks sakes.

Overall, the episode was incredibly enjoyable just for the nostaligia of seeing Roger and Oden go to already established places in the story.

Momonosuke will re-meet Shanks :finally:

I waited 2 years for this Episode to adapt that chapter. Just for the Luffy/Roger parallels.

Post automatically merged:

• The entire crew sailing to Bink's sake hits like nothing else. :josad:

• Roger says don't do drugs, kiddos. Those needles will have you hooked up and bald like Whitebeard, instead of fresh and plump and Big Mom and Kaido.

• Roger pointing to the sky like Luffy. Well Oden did almost get one-shotted like Bellamy.
  • If Oden is a proper Luffy man, he shoved that octopus right down his pants.:goyea:

• Gaban was the helmsman of the Roger Pirates? That's okay Sanji, you can be the Oden of the crew as long as you boil a mean Wano-style hot pot.

• Always feel bad that the Roger Pirates never came back to check if the WG was giving a fair trial to their boy Tom. In a fairer world, Tom and his family would be living safely in exile with the retired Roger Pirates.
  • Franky, the man who told Oden to go screw himself and completely wiped his existence from his mind:fransuper:

• Oden stares at the Tequila Wolf labor camp with fascination while the rest sing away. Oof. But these might be the kinds of moral decisions that led Oden to dance in Wano.

• All the ugly genes in the family went to Arlong. Sharly is a cutie!

• Neptune got Big Mom's underwater amnesia and forgot to tell Luffy/Robin about his Red Poneglyph. Maybe he didn't just want to spoil the surprise at Zou.
  • Sharly ruining poor Neptune's life with her non-stop spoilers.:suresure:

• That's the third time Oda teases Raijin island (Urouge, Smoker, here). I hope we at least get to see it through an Ace novel.

• The entire Roger crew bonding naked, showing they have nothing to hide from one another. For the sake of parallels, Oda must deliver a Strawhat version of this!:catlewd:
Nostalgia you can get drunk on. The art was solid all around, the music choices were good. Tom and Franky's VA didn't miss a beat but Roger continues to irk me as he sounds so low key and unenthusiastic even when he's yelling lol. This was in essence Toei's ideal episode - they can recap previous arcs at their leisure and just substitute Roger or Oden's face for Luffy's. But I can't deny it's very fun seeing the Roger Pirates experience all these amazing sights. Oda retreading old ground like this means he can focus on new material or unique experiences when it comes to the true Roger flashback. Next episode doesn't look like an eye popper so I wonder if Roger's journey comes to an end there, I'll be cautiously optimistic there's a hidden gem.
This was such a good recap.

Great Chapter.
So many old faces here.
I'm glad they are finally shrinking Oden in size. He was super enormous next to Toki when they first met and now he is just enormous.
Roger said he took poneglyph from LinLin by force. Big Mom said he tricked her...hmm:quest:
My personal favorite moment was this one.:goyea:
Hell, they even made Roger remake Luffy's iconic moment. The director was on the ball with the references.