One Piece Episode 983 - The Samurai Warriors' Earnestness! The Straw Hats Land at Onigashima

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 2/5

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • The entire alliance raced ahead of the Strawhats last episode but the Sunny still got there first. The Jinbe difference.:myman:
  • The SMILE turned Killer into a laughing little troll. :milaugh: Very sweet that he doesn't sound so pained anymore with everyone else laughing too.

• That Polar Tang filler scene really putting these Heart Pirates VAs to work.

• These beautiful shots of Onigashima's entrance. Love that even a brute like Kaido recognizes the importance of proper landscaping and decor.

• If the target is a young woman, Usopp is getting that W.
  • Destroying and sinking an entire fleet of ships is probably neither this fast nor this quiet.:sus:

• I'm going to miss Carrot and Choniki as the stupid and scared duo, they are just so cute together.
  • A Eustass Kid blush??:gokulaugh:

• Leather isn't my fetish but Nami, Robin, even Carrot in these outfits.... catded

• Franky definitely pulled it off best with the hair and matching coat + arms + shoulder pads, but I liked devil Luffy's red horns and red coat as well.

• A nice finishing theme and series of shots. Ending it here could have fooled me into thinking the fighting starts next episode.
Pretty good episode. Mostly a slow crawl, but I don't really mind if the camera lingers around or stays in one place for too long when it's an adventure episode and a new location is being explored. Onigashima's garden/temple complex could have used some more establishing shots to emphasize its size. In scenes like this, it can get annoying how close the camera gets to the face of someone talking when I want to see the background. I enjoyed the LACK of music for the arrival to Onigashima as it added a sense of quietness and mystery to the sneak raid. The MVP of the episode was Kin'emon putting on his game face and the camera zooming in as he says we don't need return ships. There's our samurai. :catrude:

Toei knows what they were doing with that zoom in on the sword after showing Kidd smiling lol. Toei also knows that Luffy and Kidd are rivals. But some clowns still think they aren’t

5/5 episode. Can’t wait to see Toei animate Apoo getting squashed by Kidd in a few episodes. Right @Fuckthis3?
Yea cant wait for them to animate apoo bomb kid right in his face while trash talking him