Episode Discussion One Piece Episodes 378-380 Brooks and Bink’s Brew(sake)

First watch through of the series and this is peak for me so far. I really get it. Them singing the song with the whale, as they died, and again with the straw hats and the triller bark people…. I cried right with brooks. His backstory kills me man he is so goated. Yoho ho-ho yoho ho ho! Thriller bark arc was so slow but the pay off at the end was so well worth it. The flashbacks and the best part of one piece to me so far. The interconnected nature of everything in this anime is also becoming apparent. Like how the one person brooks is looking for the freaking whale from 100 plus episodes ago lol it’s funny and well played. I’m sure when we meet Lola’s mom she’s a villain or something . They introduced some piece of paper that shows ace’s status and he’s in trouble. Getting good. Crying alongside this fucking skeleton as he cries his eyes out, but he doesn’t have eyes lol

G

Gorosei Informer

First watch through of the series and this is peak for me so far. I really get it. Them singing the song with the whale, as they died, and again with the straw hats and the triller bark people…. I cried right with brooks. His backstory kills me man he is so goated. Yoho ho-ho yoho ho ho! Thriller bark arc was so slow but the pay off at the end was so well worth it. The flashbacks and the best part of one piece to me so far. The interconnected nature of everything in this anime is also becoming apparent. Like how the one person brooks is looking for the freaking whale from 100 plus episodes ago lol it’s funny and well played. I’m sure when we meet Lola’s mom she’s a villain or something . They introduced some piece of paper that shows ace’s status and he’s in trouble. Getting good. Crying alongside this fucking skeleton as he cries his eyes out, but he doesn’t have eyes lol
Glad to see another Brook and Laboon appreciator! Hes my favourite SH especially in terms of writing, I relate a lot to him and really cried for him too. Glad to see you liked Thriller Bark too!

Would you believe the 4Kids dub which stopped around the end of Alabasta I think, actually cut out Laboon entirely and replaced him with a LITERAL Iceberg!? Not to be confused with Frankys brother ofc lmao! They also cut out the entire Little Garden arc and some other stuff too! WTF?!

I really love that throwback to Laboon with Brook. You will get more moments like that in OP bigtime without saying too much!

You should be careful as someone might try to spoil you here but appreciate getting input from a newer fan of the series, especially on my favourite SH and arc too!

About Lola's mom too...Oh just you wait hahahaha! She will certainly be "memorable" without giving anymore of the game away so to speak! A lot of stuff you're seeing right now is gonna be relevant MUCH later on but don't get your hopes up too much about certain plotlines and connections either, just to warn you too!

Ah yeah, I see you've encounted the Vivre Cards...yeah....the less you know straight after this arc, the BETTER! This is where One Piece really gets bat shit crazy and emotional, without saying why again ofc! All I can say is, you're gonna be in for a HELL of an emotional rollercoaster ride, I hope you're ready! These arcs before are just a warm up in a way!

Although Water 7 to Enies Lobby is some of the best and most emotional, impactful, game changing parts of OP, there is MUCH more to come, you have no idea and its best you keep it that way and be very surprised, pleasantly especially ofc!

Good luck anyway! Feel free to share more of your input on here as you delve into later arcs and storylines, would like to see it! Its very nice to see a fresh/new perspective on these arcs!

I know I'm being a little bit of a tease but its hard to describe the series and respond to what you're saying and how you're reacting, knowing what us caught up/latest chapter or at least episode fans know ofc!

:cheers::kata::funky::steef: