Controversial One Piece is gross and creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So profound. I guess since I littered yesterday, im not allowed to talk about P*dophilia. My bad.
your criticisms are not validly protecting any children nor have any crimes been committed.
You are simply virtue signalling and whining on the internet because you are some poor 14 year old kid who is brainwashed by TikTok and Twitter into bashing anything and anyone that steps out of the moral lines that have been painted by the fools of the North American influencers.

One piece is a creative work, like all true creative works they are very nuanced and can show the light and dark areas of the world.

Everybody has dark places in their mind.
Story tellers comedians and artists are some of the most important people in the world because the brave ones show the disgusting side of humans in their work and that helps people understand that this is just a part of life and they aren’t the only ones suffering with the duality of good and bad, right and wrong.

It’s a story you fucking f slur go touch grass

Didn't say Oda isn't beyond Criticism, i have no respect for him even if the Manga was 100% Clean & Perfect
But who decided that Slavery is good for Narrative Depth & Story?
It plays into the moral ills of the world Luffy gon save? For a story you do need a theme that sets the tone of cruelty that needs to be resolved by the MC

Who decided that Zoro saying "I don't believe in God" is good for every Reader who is Religious? Who decided that anything in One Piece needs to exist? Who decided that Luffy is the Main Character?
This ain't even relevant to whats being discussed but imo i find the idea pathetic and believe if zoro was a human irl he would be theistic and i don't really like the the idea of charcters that demean the notion of godhood and the existence of such being whivh i still think is Oda's illiteracy in tge realm of science and philosophy and is just pandering to liberal ideologies like Japan itself

There is no such thing as this is Good for Story & this is not
One Piece is just a Single Human's Thoughts put into Drawings & Words, nothing more, nothing less
The only thing that differentiates it from just having a Conversation with him is that it's beautified for your Eyes & Ears & Emotions
But at the end of the day, it's just Oda spreading his Ideas, regardless of the way They reached their destination & to who
Same thing for every Piece of Fiction
True, but that doesn't change the fact that you are incorrectly equivocating themes like rape to just plain shitty fan service 🗿

If such Work contains Honest Beliefs/Ideas/Morals of it's Maker, then it will definitely include their Evil Side cuz everyone got one
Or They can instead choose not to put their Filthy Ideas in their Work to please their Audience, but again, People are different, We have different Beliefs, Cultures, Traditions, Experiences, Languages, Relationships ... etc so you will only be attracting certain People
Should problems not pointed out.. Like redundant over sexualization of women.. Should we not quesiton the fact that nami charges for people to peek at her.. Is that not a problem... You use diversity in ideologies and moralities to justify why you should just not speak of it?

Your reply is quite confusing i'd like you to clarify it, it seems like you aren't even on terms with what you said about the matter which looked like a counterargument to Chrono?

Imagine complaining about Boa being attracted to a 17 year old Luffy while at the same time ignoring the fact that Sanji almost married and even lusted over a 16 year old girl, heck Chrono didn't seem to have any problem with that back then but now it's suddenly a problem.

Also Luffy isn't even 17 anymore, he's 19 now.

And Oda has already explained the S-Snake situation, as someone already said it before, Boa's devil fruit has nothing to do with lust.
I think he was alluding to the part where boa had luffy in his clothes in impel down..

Tho personally i don't find a 17yr old marrying a 30 yr old problematic.. Its just portrayed perversely there.

Ivd say thw same for Pudding and Sanji.. Sanji being a pervert is indecent but the idea of marriage isn't itself perverted

I mean One piece is not only manga .
Fairy tale
Berserk
Bleach

List goes on …

I would highly recommend to skip fan service or it will be difficult enjoying lore part of the story .
Wym fan service tag there is no such thing on Manga sites 😭😭

I think one thing people are forgetting here is the intended demographic of One Piece. Males in their mid-high teens basically. Not adults.

So shit like Rebecca and Carrot wearing bikinis or whatever makes sense when you remember that this fan service is appealing to a demographic the same age as those characters. Teenagers generally aren't interested in people a decade older than them.

Didn't say Oda isn't beyond Criticism, i have no respect for him even if the Manga was 100% Clean & Perfect
But who decided that Slavery is good for Narrative Depth & Story? Who decided that Zoro saying "I don't believe in God" is good for every Reader who is Religious? Who decided that anything in One Piece needs to exist? Who decided that Luffy is the Main Character?

There is no such thing as this is Good for Story & this is not
One Piece is just a Single Human's Thoughts put into Drawings & Words, nothing more, nothing less
The only thing that differentiates it from just having a Conversation with him is that it's beautified for your Eyes & Ears & Emotions
But at the end of the day, it's just Oda spreading his Ideas, regardless of the way They reached their destination & to who
Same thing for every Piece of Fiction

If such Work contains Honest Beliefs/Ideas/Morals of it's Maker, then it will definitely include their Evil Side cuz everyone got one
Or They can instead choose not to put their Filthy Ideas in their Work to please their Audience, but again, People are different, We have different Beliefs, Cultures, Traditions, Experiences, Languages, Relationships ... etc so you will only be attracting certain People

If you wanna talk about Morality in a Fictional Work, then don't Specify, don't say "This is Good Addition to Story & this is not", cuz regardless if his Intentions are just to draw what He likes or to draw what Audience like, Evil is Evil

Sexualizing women or kids isn't the only thing that can influence Readers badly, any Evil Act can influence them badly, They can be motivated to Steal, to Rebel, to break the Law, to turn against their Parents, to follow false beliefs, to hurt people, to rape, to enslave ... etc

You think making a Villain Likeable isn't same as Sexualizing the Heroine?
You think making People fall in love with Doflamingo or Crocodile or Gorosei or Aizen or Madara or "Insert Any Villain" here is Good for Story & not same as making them turned on by Fictional Girls? It's extremely bad as well, if not worse

One Piece is still Trash even if it never included any Sexual Scene of any type
You can read it as "Guilty Pleasure" where you take what u like only & ignore what's bad for you or u don't like
But as an Influence? It's obviously Garbage & same for 99% of Fictional Shit

Oda is a man with No Values, He is among Worst Famous People of this Era
His Story is just one big promotion for Chaos
Eneru :"do you believe now?"

I think one thing people are forgetting here is the intended demographic of One Piece. Males in their mid-high teens basically. Not adults.

So shit like Rebecca and Carrot wearing bikinis or whatever makes sense when you remember that this fan service is appealing to a demographic the same age as those characters. Teenagers generally aren't interested in people a decade older than them.
Everyone is aware of it and understands it.. It just not bearable to see people justify it.
Post automatically merged:

Like even Logiko finds it problematic.. Even tho she blames it on patriarchy.

Your reply is quite confusing i'd like you to clarify it, it seems like you aren't even on terms with what you said about the matter which looked like a counterargument to Chrono?
It wasn't a counterargument, as in i was defending Oda, i never did
The idea is to not half-put something into Morality Test
Either you judge all of it's Ideas or you don't judge any

When someone been watching One Piece for years & years, and read Hundreds of Chapters
And then They say: "Guys, i dropped One Piece cuz some New Scenes are not Moral"
I have to worry about such Person, cuz that means He has been reading this Manga with Moral Glasses
And yet didn't Stop until now?!

When reading such Fictional Story, either you're experiencing it as a Guilty Pleasure
Or it's actually influencing you as a Person, in which case you should have dropped it long ago
Cuz Sexualization of Characters is only one among many Evils in it

So if He wants to judge, i believe One Piece is Complete Trash & among Worst Things ever Created
But if He doesn't, then One Piece is just a Guilty Pleasure with some Enjoyable Parts & some Parts that can/should be Ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.