General & Others One Piece live action confirms Little Garden for Season 2

The Live Action sucked. Unfortunately. There are fan made versions out there that actually are great but for some reason they couldnt make the real thing good. And I suspect the reason was too many wills, including Oda himself. Death Note and Rurouni Kenshin were 10/10, perhaps they should have learned as much as possible from them.

The main theme of the early story is the sweet sweet romance of adventure
the Fact that gaimon was cut but they made time to show off garp proves that the show runners have no understanding of what oda had passion for in the early series especially.
The Garp addition was the one thing Oda fought the hardest against that got to include. Thankfully the writer who made that change is not on the writing time anymore (he’s still executive producer tho). The same writer also came up with Luffy being a goody two shoes not stealing, explicitly good pirates and “be a good marine be a good pirate” line that Koby says to Luffy at the end of Arlong Park. Since he’s gone for season 2 it will hopefully be a lot better
Post automatically merged:

Also Gaimon was featured in the live action but just as an Easter egg. On the walls of the Baratie you can see a painting of Gaimon and the island of rare animals.

The Garp addition was the one thing Oda fought the hardest against that got to include. Thankfully the writer who made that change is not on the writing time anymore (he’s still executive producer tho). The same writer also came up with Luffy being a goody two shoes not stealing, explicitly good pirates and “be a good marine be a good pirate” line that Koby says to Luffy at the end of Arlong Park. Since he’s gone for season 2 it will hopefully be a lot better
What a shame that they spat in Godas face and still let it get through production.

All the editors showrunners and all the producers are also at fault for this, they too let something like this slide, in hopes of drawing people in to their show, do they have no faith in the original story? I’m fine with divergence from the original manga and it is good giving them creative room for making a different viewing experience and allowing them to appeal to western audiences but a lack of respect to oda like this shows the true side of this scummy moneygrab. blaming one guy and firing him is also a bitch nika move. If they put more effort into actual production of the series and fundamentals of the story rather than attempting to be their own special storyline this show would have been better off.

The Live Action sucked. Unfortunately. There are fan made versions out there that actually are great but for some reason they couldnt make the real thing good. And I suspect the reason was too many wills, including Oda himself. Death Note and Rurouni Kenshin were 10/10, perhaps they should have learned as much as possible from them.
LA One Piece > One Piece manga

What a shame that they spat in Godas face and still let it get through production.

All the editors showrunners and all the producers are also at fault for this, they too let something like this slide, in hopes of drawing people in to their show, do they have no faith in the original story? I’m fine with divergence from the original manga and it is good giving them creative room for making a different viewing experience and allowing them to appeal to western audiences but a lack of respect to oda like this shows the true side of this scummy moneygrab. blaming one guy and firing him is also a bitch nika move. If they put more effort into actual production of the series and fundamentals of the story rather than attempting to be their own special storyline this show would have been better off.
theyre going to kill off Pell too lol. its a bunch of hollywood producers who dont know shit and a bunch of redditor fanboys and youtuber opinions on the writing staff. actually hiring randy troy was like the nail in the coffin, no offense to him but he should be nowhere near a one piece tv show. you might as well hire king of lightning

theyre going to kill off Pell too lol. its a bunch of hollywood producers who dont know shit and a bunch of redditor fanboys and youtuber opinions on the writing staff. actually hiring randy troy was like the nail in the coffin, no offense to him but he should be nowhere near a one piece tv show. you might as well hire king of lightning
What’s wrong with killing off Pell?

Anyway last season the writing room was filled with CW writers (which definitely showed with the cringe dialogue) and even the fucking showrunners wife was writing because of nepotism so Randy can’t be that much worse

Actually no. The first season was amazing through and through.
it was probably the best live action anime adaptation ive ever seen but it was a bad One Piece show. the hair and makeup all looked like amateur stage play crap. Nami's hair with the black roots showing is embarassing. emily literally has natural red hair and they dyed it dark first and then dyed it halloween adventure temp dye orange specifically to make it look fake. it was insane. everyone looked like they were wearing off the rack halloween costumes and they obviously did that on purpose.

the usopp nose was done in a movie in the 80s with cheap practical effects and it looked absolutely fine, so there was zero excuse to not do it. jacob is an unknown nobody actor, he shouldnt get to go "nah dont cover up my pretty face man". you're playing fucking usopp put the nose on.

pell survives because it ruins the entire theme and message of alabasta if he dies. theres multiple major scenes about this including the one in my av where luffy tells crocodile to his face "she doesnt want a single person to get killed in this rebellion". crocodile telling them "just throw away one or two friends and you can be out of this." the entire "people die" conversation where luffy punches vivi in the face literally ends with luffy making her promise to accept their help so they actually can save everyone. the conflict was never about luffy telling vivi that she has to accept her friends dying, it was about him telling vivi to accept that her friends wanted to share the risk, because vivi wanted to try and stop the war herself and he knew that would fail.

the idea that pell dying was a last minute change, or that he was supposed to die, or that pell dying would make the story better is so fucking stupid and i cant believe its so popular. it makes no sense and the only reason you'd think its a good idea is if you just didn't pay attention to the story and only read one piece for the fights. except they even talk about it during the fights so theres no excuse lol. pell is the fucking guardian deity of alabasta. if he dies the country starts to fall apart and its not a triumph its a compromise. crocodile's ideology wins because they just threw away a friend.

it was probably the best live action anime adaptation ive ever seen but it was a bad One Piece show. the hair and makeup all looked like amateur stage play crap. Nami's hair with the black roots showing is embarassing. emily literally has natural red hair and they dyed it dark first and then dyed it halloween adventure temp dye orange specifically to make it look fake. it was insane. everyone looked like they were wearing off the rack halloween costumes and they obviously did that on purpose.

the usopp nose was done in a movie in the 80s with cheap practical effects and it looked absolutely fine, so there was zero excuse to not do it. jacob is an unknown nobody actor, he shouldnt get to go "nah dont cover up my pretty face man". you're playing fucking usopp put the nose on.
Yes it was a GOOD One Piece show. Just because Nami has different hair and Usopp a different nose doesn't change the fact that they respected the source material to the T.

The main theme of the early story is the sweet sweet romance of adventure
the Fact that gaimon was cut but they made time to show off garp proves that the show runners have no understanding of what oda had passion for in the early series especially.
Sure :gokulaugh:

The Usopp nose thing is super minor and it was probably a writers decision. The 15 real problems with the show
1. Lack of Usopp and Sanji Characterization and Moments (Some of these are like Usopp vs Chuu being too short and not showing Usopp’s cowardice are not even the writers fault to be fair the Netflix editors cut them out during the editing process when the writers were on strike)
2. Garp plotline taking away screen time from relevant characters just to end up completely irrelevant
3. Ugly yellow filter and having every thing take place at night time (I know some of this was to hide CGI errors but it’s fucking One Piece it should be upbeat)
4. Lack of any subtlety every thing bluntly stated out loud (e.g. Luffy saying “I know Nami’s good” during the scene in Coco village). Another side effect of this is the whole clearly stated good pirates vs clearly stated bad pirates with Luffy putting being “good” over anything else (e.g. giving back the meat in Orange Town)none of Luffy’s selfishness every seen in the LA. He’s more relatable but an infinitely worse character.
5. Bad cinematography and editing, Fish eye Lens and Dutch angles for no good reason just look at episode 3 when the camera is zoomed into their faces. Arlong’s speech has so much random cuts every 4 sentences.
6. Luffy is a bum and can’t use Gum Gum powers unless it’s vital to the plot. Obviously some of this is due to budget but still Luffy shouldn’t be being restrained by Marine recruits and manhandled by all his villains except Kuro.
7. Gum Gum Powers look like shit, This is more an extension of the 6 but it is big issue. Gum Gum Whip, Battle Axe, and Gatling looked good the rest not so much especially the Arlong fight.
8. Wire work is too obvious, you could practically see the wires in Sanji vs. Kuroobi both in Baratie and AP.
9. Horrendous dialogue bottom tier CW, sometimes 8th grade play lvl dialogue
10. Live Action characters being treated like their manga counterparts despite not doing anything to warrant it (e.g. Zeff saying Luffy saved the Baratie when all he did in the LA was get trashed by Arlong, Luffy saying Zoro saved the little girl from Helmeppo when he purposefully picked the fight)
11. Zoro being way too edgy, 8th grade lvl one liners and some of the corniest anime like lines I’ve ever seen.
12. Ruin the worldbuilding by catering to fan service (e.g. Nami knowing about Noland in season 1)
13. Luffy is not a man of action. (E.g. Luffy needs to hear Nami’s backstory in the LA while he doesn’t care in the manga)
14. Takes away from backstories (e.g. Bellemere’s sacrifice thrown away Another scene that lost a significant part of its impact imo because of one detail. In the LA Arlong asks who LIVES here. In the manga, it was them saying she has no family. It's way easier to say it's just me in this house than accept the painful "I have no other family" lie Which is essentially disowning her daughters, tying back to Nami saying you're not even my real mother. In the LA, Bellemere says id never deny you're my daughters, but that's MANGA Bellemere's response to MANGA Arlong. LA Arlong just said who lives here and bitch just tweaked)
15. Fake looking props like Alvida’s mace, the infamous scene of Zoro’s scabbard bending etc.

Would be really hard to fully commit to one piece and not introduce giants
they already have shown that they cannot fully commit to one piece. They did cut Hatchan from Live Action, who is super important to the story later on. They can fully cut giants from the story since they will never reach to Elbaf or even the first mention of Joy Boy in live action. Just not introduce Dorry, Brogy, Oimo and Kashi and never mention Elbaf and problem solved.
Heck, some of the changes I expect them to do for season 2:
1) Chopper will not be CGI but a kid with prosthetics (will absolutely look terrible imho)
2) For avoiding Western cancel/woke culture backlash, they will probably make Bon Clay gay best friend instead of the flamboyant look he/she has and cut down his/her flamboyant personality significantly. (he/she is a great character btw)
3) Wapol will probably be cut.
4) Most of Baroque Works fights will be cut (honestly expecting them to cut Mr. 3 or significantly reduce his appearance time)
If you expect any additional changes or disagree with my expectations, please let me know and feel free to discuss.

Yes it was a GOOD One Piece show. Just because Nami has different hair and Usopp a different nose doesn't change the fact that they respected the source material to the T.

Sure :gokulaugh:
you are so ignorant of reality it’s mind boggling

you should not spend so much time on the internet

Anyway last season the writing room was filled with CW writers (which definitely showed with the cringe dialogue) and even the fucking showrunners wife was writing because of nepotism so Randy can’t be that much worse
What are the sources for all these things said in the thread? Maeda being the one who decided to introduce Garp and Oda not wanting it? The CW writers? (Checking their resume they actually wrote for Netflix or ABC). The wife of the showrunner writing? Where were all these things said?