ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

across all platforms i see about 3 types of people
40%: WOW PERFECT 10/10, WE BROKE THE CURSE... (yk the type)
30%: Pretty good, 7-8/10, some issues
30%: COMPLETE TRASH WTF, NOT 1:1, WHISKEY NOT RUM???? TRASH WTF NETFLIX

overall, if you ignore the haters and dickriders, its a decent show with some problems
Personally, the problems are what you would expect. Budget and the CG associated with it. They did a great job with what they have but that is why it works better as an Anime/Manga. Like can you imagine the budget a fight like the King vs Zoro one would take to make it even half way decent in Live Action?

to me, it doesnt have a clear audience

it uses gore, which is fine. But also looks very goofy/corny
to me, itd be difficult as a non-fan to get into this, as the only reason i continued through the cringe was because I like the series

CGI is rough at times, and I think it does a couple characterizations wrong (though ive only see 1 ep)

Other problems people have brought up are:
- Removing/changing important (and easy-to-adapt) scenes
- Pacing being inconsistent

Again not bad. I just dont think it plays well to new audiences

to me, it doesnt have a clear audience

it uses gore, which is fine. But also looks very goofy/corny
to me, itd be difficult as a non-fan to get into this, as the only reason i continued through the cringe was because I like the series

CGI is rough at times, and I think it does a couple characterizations wrong (though ive only see 1 ep)

Other problems people have brought up are:
- Removing/changing important (and easy-to-adapt) scenes
- Pacing being inconsistent

Again not bad. I just dont think it plays well to new audiences
Thanks

What the hell is this casting?:kidwat:Does netflix not know the concept of age?

Why Mihawk talks like a gay vampire?

after watching that cringe and laughable fight between Mihawk and Pinzoro for few seconds, I think I know my answer but is there anything worthwhile watching this crap?
What are the good scenes to google to watch?

Jap dub is definitely worse...

Also 17 mil per episode but they don't seem to have used proper AI to make it look like real lip sinc.
Don't know if anyone answered you so far but:

The episode budget has nothing to do with the lip sync in any dub.
That all depends on the dub team and how they 1) translate the dialogue and then 2) further adapt it to match the character's lip movements

An example of notoriously bad lip sync were old Chinese/Hong-Kong movies (esoecially Bruce Lee) where the English dub consisted of 80% empty lip movement and 20% actual sound coming from the actor's mouth lol

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's pretty good, got some hollywood style cringe to it though unfortunately.

I did laugh my ass off when they transitioned the white Go piece to Luffy's strawhat. It looked so horribly out of place and amateurish. :suresure:

Not sure who okayed that part.

Don't know if anyone answered you so far but:

The episode budget has nothing to do with the lip sync in any dub.
That all depends on the dub team and how they 1) translate the dialogue and then 2) further adapt it to match the character's lip movements

An example of notoriously bad lip sync were old Chinese/Hong-Kong movies (esoecially Bruce Lee) where the English dub consisted of 80% empty lip movement and 20% actual sound coming from the actor's mouth lol
Ya I know it has nothing to do with it, but they could have done it on a low budget too with today's advancements, that's all.
Post automatically merged:

i thought he was more slim:josad:
Indeed, why not pick a fattier guy, or perhaps one like that couldn't move?