Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters
Omitting attack names should be a general rule to stick to.
It doesn't translate well into live action at all.

They can implicitly hint towards their attack names as a nod to manga/anime fans by commenting on them like e.g. "my fist hits as hard as a rifle (gomu gome rifle)"

Ofc my example is off the cuff, a writers team could hopefully come up with something more natural
I think it's not that it doesn't translate well, it's that they just didn't do it well.. It's very static and his words doesn't match the action..

You would need to explain that to me, cause i think it's cool.. It's like a kid point of view, naming your attack makes it more powerful, especially if you have Rubber powers..

Galaxy Impact would not have hit the same without the name?..
If it's just a Luffy specific thing, then it isn't that big of a deal. But hearing Zoro or Sanji call out their attacks in LA would be cringey af.

I don't get the Galax Impact point at all. Are you comparing manga to live action now?

If it's just a Luffy specific thing, then it isn't that big of a deal. But hearing Zoro or Sanji call out their attacks in LA would be cringey af.

I don't get the Galax Impact point at all. Are you comparing manga to live action now?
Yeah ok, it would be tricky with Zoro and Sanji.. But i sure i hope i get to hear Party Table Kick when he destroy Fullbody..

Edit: That was Anime only, but they Seem to go the Anime route somewhat already with Nami..

Actually, they don't need to show them saying it, the audience can hear them saying it dubbed as the attack is executed..
That would be dope i think, that's how they did it in the Anime for Sanji's first technique.. They probably won't think of that though..

Whether, it's live action or the manga, the point is the delivery wouldn't be the same..

Last edited: