Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The live-action cast is out. Netflix tweeted it out accidentally and deleted it. I'm fine with everyone except Sanji, lol. That choice looks so bad, lol. Maybe he looks better with the hair and all, or so I hope. Usopp, Nami and Zoro are perfect. Luffy's cast is as good as it could get considering how hard it is to find a perfect match for him.

Wow that is great cast, it is better than I expected. I'm really glad that we didn't get black Nami(hello Titans Starfire lol), or chinese Luffy, or Black Sanji.
Also actors are not old, so they suits to the show perfectly. Mostly I love Nami, Luffy and Usopp that is perfection there. Sanji is just good, while Zoro could be better, but he is ok. What is more important for characters like Nami being smart and manipulative, for Sanji have that man codex, and wear tuxedo, for Luffy...well I believe in live action he could be more like Shanks - killing people, but being crazy and even smart with smile on face. I mean people love Luffy, but his stupidity wouldn't on real life at all. So we need mix between cheeling abd crazy person. Now Zoro...is Zoro he could be good or bad, but I don't get vibes of killer from him. Ofc it's depends...but right now it's Sanji who is looking like big deal, while Zoro is looking more chilling. Usopp? I guess he is perfect.
Yeah that's my thoughts about cast, I'm glad that it was finally confirmed, so soon enough we will see One Piece live action series, which is great.
Post automatically merged:

The shit netix adaptation is gona tank so bad.

Omg what a trash show....is someone exited for that bullshit?

:shame::risitavirus::odenugh:
Shit One Piece manga right now is something that is already awful, I'm going to drop it soon. But live action series with that cast looking promising.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
all that should matter to people is how well the acting/pace of the live action will go at this point
Exactly, a pretty face only goes so far without talent. I’d wager that these kids went through a dozen rounds of auditions and had to be screened by Oda or other executive producers multiple times before they were announced; say what you will about OP, Netflix, or live action adaptations of manga in general, but everyone involved knows the risks inherent in bringing this particular piece of intellectual property to the screen, and I doubt anyone wants to fuck it up by casting according to looks rather than ability.

C

Cuistot

Exactly, a pretty face only goes so far without talent. I’d wager that these kids went through a dozen rounds of auditions and had to be screened by Oda or other executive producers multiple times before they were announced; say what you will about OP, Netflix, or live action adaptations of manga in general, but everyone involved knows the risks inherent in bringing this particular piece of intellectual property to the screen, and I doubt anyone wants to fuck it up by casting according to looks rather than ability.
It's not as if the looks aren't almost on point either, people just like to nitpick. Luffy has slightly longer hair than in the anime ? Wow, deal breaker, boycott Netflix.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It's not as if the looks aren't almost on point either, people just like to nitpick. Luffy has slightly longer hair than in the anime ? Wow, deal breaker, boycott Netflix.
Some people just won’t ever be pleased no matter how close they adhere to the source material…I mean, you don’t even have to squint to see each and every one of these cats in their respective roles, they already kinda resemble their characters in these generic headshots:

B

Ballel

Some people just won’t ever be pleased no matter how close they adhere to the source material…I mean, you don’t even have to squint to see each and every one of these cats in their respective roles, they already kinda resemble their characters in these generic headshots:
Except for Sanji. But makeup can work wonders I guess

Again the kid who's playing luffy is goner have hardest job and his youngest, its goner be interesting.
Can’t see him doing “Let’s go” or any serious Luffy moments, He looks too goofy and kid like to pull off serious Luffy. Not to forget how will he look besides Zoro and Sanji who are much older and far better looking in physique and looks than him. In conclusion, the worst thing They did was fumble the casting of the main charachter.

Okay still have to cast shanks,buggy,garp,copy,smoker,tashigi,mihawk them being the most important characters from the east blue, you could say Roger but you could put any random actor and truly cast him later.

Think they can get a good casting in East Blue, most of the characters are kind of easy, but they will have to cast some of the most iconic characters like Roger, Shanks and Mihawk very early, and some of those characters why not show up again for years, if the series have other seasons, what i dont think will happen.

But casting is the easy part, what i think will be most difficult to make the "feeling" the OP world have, that it is anything but realistic, some things just look stupid if u put humans, but in a comic media they look just funny at most.

Pehaps they will heavily adapt and make it less fantastic, what i find better, than try to replicate things like Kuro gloves, Pearl, Moo moo, Gaimom and other things that just dont work on live action.