Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The only One that i dont like is zoro.

I Just CANT see zoro as asian, i dont Care if he has katanas, is related to samurais or wano, that in real life his country would be japan and everything Else.

Zoro dont look asian in the manga/anime. PERIOD.

Tsuru and other characters look asian.

I dont know How other fans see him when they Reading the manga, but i doubt they see him like asians people they see walking in the street.

At least is a good actor, and got the shape.
I know what you mean, I've pointed it out as well in Anime/Manga related discussions.

I don't know why but the Japanese like to–and they always do–draw a powerful/badass Japanese character who looks like a western guy, and when I say western I mean "European" looking. I don't know why they do that, and I've seen people discussing it in Quora many times, but nobody knows the true reason. Some of them suggest that that's because of "Western" culture influencing Japan, but that doesn't make any sense because non-badass characters are drawn as Asians. Like WTF? Look at Kinemon, Denjiro, Izo etc. They look Asian, although some of them not as much as Kinemon, but still. Zoro, Oden, Ryuma, Zoro's father have ZERO Asian traits, they look like "White" guys, well maybe except Oden, but Oden doesn't look like human either.

Zoro actor in Ruroini Kenshin
Post automatically merged:

I know what you mean, I've pointed it out as well in Anime/Manga related discussions.

I don't know why but the Japanese like to–and they always do–draw a powerful/badass Japanese character who looks like a western guy, and when I say western I mean "European" looking. I don't know why they do that, and I've seen people discussing it in Quora many times, but nobody knows the true reason. Some of them suggest that that's because of "Western" culture influencing Japan, but that doesn't make any sense because non-badass characters are drawn as Asians. Like WTF? Look at Kinemon, Denjiro, Izo etc. They look Asian, although some of them not as much as Kinemon, but still. Zoro, Oden, Ryuma, Zoro's father have ZERO Asian traits, they look like "White" guys, well maybe except Oden, but Oden doesn't look like human either.
@Master OF Haki what are the things that separate Kin’emon Denjiro and Izo from Oden Ryuma and Zoro?

like what are these traits you are talking about

Zoro actor in Ruroini Kenshin

@Master OF Haki what are the things that separate Kin’emon Denjiro and Izo from Oden Ryuma and Zoro?

like what are these traits you are talking about
It's really hard to describe it without getting into "ignorant" race discussions, which I don't wanna go to and have no interest in it, so I think it's much better to see them in comparison to each other for a reference.

They should have cast the characters on how they look rather than limiting them by their nationalities. Maybe Zoro is half japanese?
Wdym, nationalities?

Taz Skylar isn't french. Nami isn't swedisch. Luffy isn't brazilian.

They are GLAD they found a japanese actor suited for the role. And Usopp mainly was just always "he'll be black". They didn't follow the nationalities much in the end.

The eye shapes are pretty much asian oftentimes.
Looking at 90% of shonen and shojo manga this has to be a joke. Where do any characters in manga even look remotely japanese? Basically never. They are art styles for a reason

The eye shapes are pretty much asian oftentimes.
Wrong, Zoro and Sanji have the same face with exception of eyebrows and hairs. For Oda Sanji [Franceman] and Zoro [Japanese] look exactly the same.

Zoro's pick was always going to be controversial because Oda always drew Zoro as a white guy, Zoro's facil features are very, very European.

B

Ballel

Wrong, Zoro and Sanji have the same face with exception of eyebrows and hairs. For Oda Sanji [Franceman] and Zoro [Japanese] look exactly the same.

Zoro's pick was always going to be controversial because Oda always drew Zoro as a white guy, Zoro's facil features are very, very European.
Anime eyes tend to have an Asian look also those of European characters

B

Ballel

Anime style drawing is unique by itself, but I mean look at this...

Oda was clearly going for a Western look when he was designing Zoro and his Father. I don't know why they do this, honestly, it's strange and cringey.
To westerners anime charaters may look western and to japanese they look Asian.
Anime faces are not very realistic so it's easy to see in them what you know best