Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nami will be lesbian, Someone will be black, another one will be gay
Usopp practically is black

but I really hope they don't try to make one of the SHs gay for the fuck of it. OP has enough LGBT characters that they could work with, there's no reason to force it. Ivankov and Bon Clay are more than enough
Post automatically merged:

Anyways idk why people are pessimistic about this.

A bad OP live action is still an OP live action. I've learned that you can appreciate many bad movies if you just accept that they are bad movies.

Also just because it is an anime live action doesn't mean it will be bad. There's really not that much of a difference between western and eastern comics. If the MCU, the Raimi Spiderman movies, the dark knight trilogy, and the joker movie are anything to go off of, Comic book movies can be good.

but even if it is just a trash series, at least we'll get some good memes

I think it would be cool if they made Luffy a bit more like a traditional pirate. I don't want them to drop all of the source material and straight up turn luffy into jack sparrow but it'd be cool to see Luffy dressed a bit more traditionally and perhaps even have a couple of guns on his side.

I think there's a fine mix between the strangeness of one piece and the groundnedness of a live action show. They can't and shouldn't make it so serious that it is completely divorced from the source material. While at the same time, I don't know if all the goofy moments of the manga would really translate well to a live action.

Also, I hope there aren't any fully CGI characters. Like obviously CGI will be needed, but for characters like Arlong and the fishman, they could do like 70% of the effects in costume and makeup and just use CGI to make it looked polished.

But I really dislike the over-reliance on CGI we see in modern media. I don't know if chopper will be in the show, but if he is, I'd like him to be a puppet or they could just have him stay in heavy point and have him be played by an actor in a suit.

I'm kinda expecting Luffy's powers to look something like this albeit I really hope they put a bit more effort into it

Last edited:
:whitepress:

I just saw this an hour ago on YouTube from IGN.... and my first thought is OMFG WHYYYYY???!!!

While being a fan of neither, i heard that both the dragonball Z and death note adaptations weren't so "hot".

If they couldn't even do those series right, why the hell would they not screw up One Piece?

And this is me coming off from seeing a little bit of The Witcher Netflix series (i played and am a big fan of The Witcher 3 btw).

Why the hell is everything getting a live action adaptation nowdays??? I just don't get it, can't think of any other reason except for money!

Mulan live action, Bleach live action, The Witcher live action, Sonic live action, and now a One Piece live Action???

How would netflix even do this right??? One Piece started off as a drawn manga. Oda's craft is full of science fiction and fantasy. I fail to see how Netflix could even do this right. I mean haki, devil friuts, the different islands, and also all the fantasy creatures.... either the show will need a ton of CGI, or its gonna look cheap and unconvincing.

At least i have hopes that the straw hat cast won't be affected by choice of casting. I'm still not sold on the castings for Frigilla and Triss from the Witcher series, at least with One Piece, Netflix have a bit more wriggle room for casting choices. The Straw Hats are based on different countries and backgrounds after all, so there is more wriggle room for a more diverse cast without affecting the original lore. Though im curious to know if Blackbeack will actually be played by a black actor, since Oda said Blackbeard's real life portryal would be from Somalia lmao. The same might also be said about Ussop since Oda said his real life portrayal would be from Africa. Brook and Chopper are gonna have to be full CGI or else.

A shit ton of CGI is gonna be needed just for the devil fruit effects and island variations. If Netflix is really serious about this, they need to either go big or go home. And that's where my fears lie, if this isn't good enough or even half baked, its gonna end up looking worse than even the Japanese live action adaptation lol.

Best scenario? The show will be decent, and a nice thing to follow alongside the manga.

Worst scenario? The show will be a huge success, pacing is faster than the manga and it goes ahead the manga, the writers have a talk with Oda about the ending and then finish the tv show, spoiling all the manga readers on the ending. xD sounds familiar?

Their will definetly be some changes and we have to be ready for that. The plot will not flow how he does in the anime or manga. It will flow in its own way.

I think whats more important is the casting/characters and how good it visually looks. The plot doesnt have to be exactly the same, it couod have a lot of changes....but if it doesnt have any inconsistencies or asspulls, I will be happy.

:whitepress:

I just saw this an hour ago on YouTube from IGN.... and my first thought is OMFG WHYYYYY???!!!

While being a fan of neither, i heard that both the dragonball Z and death note adaptations weren't so "hot".

If they couldn't even do those series right, why the hell would they not screw up One Piece?
Why not

There is no scenario where One Piece looses. Either 1) it is a success and OP will finally become mainstream, or 2) it is bad, but more people will still hear about it because Netflix and we get more content anyways(which is never a bad thing imo)

Anyways I want a good one piece live action. I think there's a lot of potential for good anime live actions, its just that there aren't many that have been directed by people who really care that much.

I also don't think all anime live actions were bad, or at least on the same level as dragon ball evolution

the fist of the North Star live action looks decent

Same with the bleach live action

Are these ground breaking movies? No, but they seem like they can be entertaining if you give them a chance, which is what I hope for with the OP live action. Just something that is not so bad that it is utterly unenjoyable

Last edited:

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Why not

There is no scenario where One Piece looses. Either 1) it is a success and OP will finally become mainstream, or 2) it is bad, but more people will still hear about it because Netflix and we get more content anyways(which is never a bad thing imo)

Anyways I want a good one piece live action. I think there's a lot of potential for good anime live actions, its just that there aren't many that have been directed by people who really care that much.

I also don't think all anime live actions were bad, or at least on the same level as dragon ball evolution

the fist of the North Star live action looks decent

Same with the bleach live action

Are these ground breaking movies? No, but they seem like they can be entertaining if you give them a chance, which is what I hope for with the OP live action. Just something that is not so bad that it is utterly unenjoyable
That FOTNS looked atrocious lol however, I was somewhat impressed with the Bleach clip.